White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 06:04 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
The apologist for mediocre customer service and stadium operations returns-
Whatever, but there is a thing called exaggeration, and even in a slow moving stand at USCF, not one of them goes an entire inning not serving one customer, and no one here would wait in a line for an inning while no one is being served unless they wanted it to happen so they could post it here and get the automatic sympathy. If you wait in line for several innings at a White Sox game, too bad. It was a dumb decision. Go back to your seat and get something after the game, or from vendors in the seating area. And word to the wise for those attending games, the lines are slow, you might want to either bring your own food in which is allowed or get something before the game.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:00 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
Whatever, but there is a thing called exaggeration, and even in a slow moving stand at USCF, not one of them goes an entire inning not serving one customer, and no one here would wait in a line for an inning while no one is being served unless they wanted it to happen so they could post it here and get the automatic sympathy. If you wait in line for several innings at a White Sox game, too bad. It was a dumb decision. Go back to your seat and get something after the game, or from vendors in the seating area. And word to the wise for those attending games, the lines are slow, you might want to either bring your own food in which is allowed or get something before the game.

Nobody here is posting this stuff in a hope to gain sympathy or because they enjoy complaining about waiting in line for bad service. They're posting it here with the hope that maybe, just maybe, the Sox might read this thread and possibly try to fix a problem that seems to only be getting worse with time.

Your "blame the customer" angle truly astounds me. I mean, only a moron would bring his family to a baseball game and expect relatively quick access to a meal, right?

Old 04-14-2014, 07:22 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
I can't speak for other posters- but I live about 60 miles from the ballpark- and I usually come to a game from my job or doing something else (visiting friends, the gym, errands, whatever)- it's all I can do get parked and get inside the game to make first pitch- I don't want to pack food in advance and I don't want to stop and eat somewhere else- I want to get to the park and buy a beer and some food (within a reasonable time) and enjoy the game.

By the way- I attended the opener- and had to wait a full inning to get a beer for me and a friend- I'm not an idiot- but since beer sales were about to close down for the day- I couldn't switch lines and observing how the Sox handle this specfic beer stand- they also serve pretzels- every time they had to take a pretzel order it slowed the whole process down- so for anyone who works on efficient processes for a living (which I do)- that is a very inefficient approach- leave the pretzels to the food stands- and just serve beer at the beer stands- you sell more beer that way and you increase your customer satisfaction.

Man- you are bending over backwards to find excuses for the Sox and ways to blame the frustrated fans- it's very entertaining-
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 04-14-2014, 07:24 AM
WSI High Priest

And beyond that- there's no excuse for what happened Saturday- you should staff for at least 20,000 attendance (blanket giveaway) + assume some attendance for the free tickets from surveys (upper deck only) + some more for the nice weather forecasted in advance.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:01 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
And beyond that- there's no excuse for what happened Saturday- you should staff for at least 20,000 attendance (blanket giveaway) + assume some attendance for the free tickets from surveys (upper deck only) + some more for the nice weather forecasted in advance.
Right, and that would and should be the minimum. Imagine if it was done at a level that was actually impressive to the customer? A lot of the stories in this thread are down right negative, let alone average. Why not impress? Oh well, tickets prices are cheaper, but if the team is not winning, I'm still not eager to get to a game for the experience.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:56 AM
WSI High Priest

I have a question - who decides how to staff the concessions at the park? Is it the White Sox, or the company or companies they contract with to do the food and concessions?

If it's the concessions contractors, I blame them for trying to save a buck.

If it's the White Sox, they've got to realize that it would go a long way toward building a casual fan base by having shorter lines for food, in addition to lowering ticket prices. I wouldn't expect no lines ever, but I also wouldn't expect to miss 2 innings of ball just to get something to eat. That's pretty ridiculous.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:56 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGal85 View Post
I have a question - who decides how to staff the concessions at the park? Is it the White Sox, or the company or companies they contract with to do the food and concessions?

If it's the concessions contractors, I blame them for trying to save a buck.

If it's the White Sox, they've got to realize that it would go a long way toward building a casual fan base by having shorter lines for food, in addition to lowering ticket prices. I wouldn't expect no lines ever, but I also wouldn't expect to miss 2 innings of ball just to get something to eat. That's pretty ridiculous.
It ultimately doesn't matter, since the perception is that it's the White Sox' fault. I guarantee you half the people pissed off at their poor service have never heard of Delaware North or Sportservice. They just know they were at a White Sox game.

Also, the blame-the-customer commentary from dickallen15 has gotten into troll territory at this point. It's one thing to say people are overly sensitive, as doublem23 has done -- that's an issue of opinion, or even simply just having different experiences at the park -- but to literally say that it's someone's fault that they waited in line for an inning for food... I hope he's just having fun at our expense and isn't really that awful of a person.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:14 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
I can't speak for other posters- but I live about 60 miles from the ballpark- and I usually come to a game from my job or doing something else (visiting friends, the gym, errands, whatever)- it's all I can do get parked and get inside the game to make first pitch- I don't want to pack food in advance and I don't want to stop and eat somewhere else- I want to get to the park and buy a beer and some food (within a reasonable time) and enjoy the game.

By the way- I attended the opener- and had to wait a full inning to get a beer for me and a friend- I'm not an idiot- but since beer sales were about to close down for the day- I couldn't switch lines and observing how the Sox handle this specfic beer stand- they also serve pretzels- every time they had to take a pretzel order it slowed the whole process down- so for anyone who works on efficient processes for a living (which I do)- that is a very inefficient approach- leave the pretzels to the food stands- and just serve beer at the beer stands- you sell more beer that way and you increase your customer satisfaction.

Man- you are bending over backwards to find excuses for the Sox and ways to blame the frustrated fans- it's very entertaining-
I'm not making any excuses. I am saying if you said you where waiting in line for a full inning and NOT ONE PERSON WAS SERVED for that inning, while that is poor service, it is also ridiculous to wait when NO ONE IS BEING SERVED. It was hyperbole. The line was probably very slow, I've had problems with slow service myself. (of course I now expect it, and make other preparations, but again, I don't go to a game so I can hurry back to a message board and count the number of times the White Sox failed me)

Would you really wait in line for a full inning if NOT ONE PERSON WAS SERVED, like the post I know is hyperbole stated?
Old 04-14-2014, 10:21 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
I'm not making any excuses. I am saying if you said you where waiting in line for a full inning and NOT ONE PERSON WAS SERVED for that inning, while that is poor service, it is also ridiculous to wait when NO ONE IS BEING SERVED. It was hyperbole. The line was probably very slow, I've had problems with slow service myself. (of course I now expect it, and make other preparations, but again, I don't go to a game so I can hurry back to a message board and count the number of times the White Sox failed me)

Would you really wait in line for a full inning if NOT ONE PERSON WAS SERVED, like the post I know is hyperbole stated?
If I was second in line and had already waited 10 minutes for food -- which is terrible, but again, not unexpected with the clown vending operations the Sox offer -- then hell yes I would keep waiting. Because at some point you figure the person ahead of you is going to get served. So 10 minutes turns into 15, 15 turns into 20, and suddenly you're there for a full inning. You know that the moment you step out of line that it will start to move. And now you're legitimately hungry, and the thought of starting over in a different terrible line isn't appealing. So you keep waiting.

I absolutely believe this happened, and I completely understand why someone would wait that long. I've waited 20+ minutes in a short line before. It sucks. Instead of calling us idiots for expecting to be served a goddamn hot dog in less than 20 minutes, how about you call the Sox idiots for not figuring out a way to serve a goddamn hot dog in less than 20 minutes.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:22 AM
WSI Personality

It wasn't hyperbole.

Why would you leave one line to go to another equally long line with no guarantee that it would move quicker? Had I gotten in he line on either side of me, I still wouldn't have been served in under an inning. Those lines were movin at a snail's pace.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:46 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Liked_Manuel View Post
It wasn't hyperbole.

Why would you leave one line to go to another equally long line with no guarantee that it would move quicker? Had I gotten in he line on either side of me, I still wouldn't have been served in under an inning. Those lines were movin at a snail's pace.

The lines are slow. It doesn't appear they will be improved anytime soon. We have been hearing this for years. Now people should know and prepare for it. If you just have to have that $8 beer or $6 sausage, know it will probably cost you a couple of innings. I'm not saying it is a good plan by Sportservice, I am saying continuing to wait in lines is a bad plan. If you are willing to wait that long, why would they improve them? Get out of line, spend your beer and hot dog money elsewhere and they will get the hint.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:03 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
The lines are slow. It doesn't appear they will be improved anytime soon. We have been hearing this for years. Now people should know and prepare for it. If you just have to have that $8 beer or $6 sausage, know it will probably cost you a couple of innings. I'm not saying it is a good plan by Sportservice, I am saying continuing to wait in lines is a bad plan. If you are willing to wait that long, why would they improve them? Get out of line, spend your beer and hot dog money elsewhere and they will get the hint.
You don't think they're already losing business? Just because they have more than zero business doesn't mean they are making as many sales as they could. You yourself are evidence of that. I know for me, I would buy probably twice as much food as I actually do if I didn't have to sacrifice an inning to do it. They obviously haven't gotten the hint.

It's surely costing the Sox money. I don't know what the exact financials of the team's deal with Sportservice looks like, but I would be shocked if the team doesn't get paid on a percentage basis to some extent, which means that every time someone skips the line and eats outside the park, it's less money the team can spend on players. Never mind the diminished fan experience that no doubt results in fewer ticket sales, particularly for the casual fan who just wants a fun day out with the family.

This is an issue that not only affects people's enjoyment of going to Sox games, but it has an actual impact on the financials of the franchise. Get pissed about it instead of being an apologist of trollish proportions.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:12 AM
MMXXIII

Jimminy jillikers, we're going to reset this thread, and let's attempt to carry our conversations in a civil manner, please? No need to be tossing names back and forth?

The Sox are unexpectedly 7-6 right now, everyone, there will likely be plenty of time down the road for us all to be at each other's throats.

0-4

LAST GAME: May 31 - Padres 4, Sox 2
NEXT GAME: Maybe never? Apparently I am bad luck
Closed Thread