White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2014, 08:57 PM
New At WSI

Default White Sox Double Play Package

I'm thinking about diving into the DP package and wanted to hear from those already invested.

Do you guys make most of the games you buy or are part of a bigger group?

Are you able to move the weekend tickets if you can't make a game or do you take a bath on missed games?

Would you say it's worth the investment to be a part of the "season ticket holder family?"

Thanks for the input and Go Sox!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:16 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by domerdoc11 View Post
I'm thinking about diving into the DP package and wanted to hear from those already invested.

Are you able to move the weekend tickets if you can't make a game or do you take a bath on missed games?

Would you say it's worth the investment to be a part of the "season ticket holder family?"

I have had the double play package for 8 years now, and enjoy it very much. I am the only STH on the account and use most of the tickets myself, but occasionally give tickets to family and friends if I can't make the games. If you can't make the games, you usually eat the cost, unless you choose to go to a trade in ticket game, which are spaced out on weekdays throughout the season, in which you can trade in your unused tickets for these games. To me it is worth being a STH and having the same seats for each game, and mostly sitting next to the same people every season. If you are just looking to go to a lot of games, and you don't care where you sit, you are better off getting tickets through Stubhub, because you can usually find tickets for much cheaper than face value . Hope this helps you out a little bit.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:40 PM
WSI Personality

I say it's worth it as long as you like the seats you get. This is my second year on the double play package and last year was a blast. I can usually get rid of the games I don't go to but do take a small hit for a few games. In the end I usually break even but feel like I get my money's worth with the little extra perks I get on the side (grinder bash, no service charge tickets for other games, giveaways, etc). It is hard to go to back to back games sometimes but that's why you make friends with the people next to you and you can swap tickets for games and have 4 seats to ring friends like I do. Lots of good seats available as we'll last I looked.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:54 PM
WSI Personality

Does anyone know when the tickets are being shipped?
Old 03-13-2014, 04:28 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Thief View Post
Does anyone know when the tickets are being shipped?
I e-mailed my rep yesterday asking the same question. ST will be shipped and delivered next week.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:31 AM
WSI Church Elder

I had the 27 game package in '08 and '09. I found it impossible to sell tickets to games I could not use. Also it became work to dedicate a whole weekend to baseball (I had weekend package) when the Sox were in town. I was paying for 3 seats and parking so it was kind of expensive.

That being said, it was cool to be a part of the Sox for that period of time. I have found the secondary markets work better for me now. I may pay a little extra for special games, but I have great seats (my seats were in sec 110, not good). Also if I want to go to a regular game at the last minute, I can pick up good seats for a fraction of the cost.

It is possible to find tickets for any perk at the park (grinder bash, stadium club, etc). I guess if you want to have the experience of being a part of the Sox family you should try it this year. Maybe the seat selection is better now than it was 5 years ago.

2014: 1-1
Old 03-24-2014, 01:17 PM
New At WSI

Default Ticket Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by domerdoc11 View Post

Happy to help answer any questions you might have and get you to a Season Ticket Rep that can help!