White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 01-09-2014, 07:24 AM
SephClone89 SephClone89 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 5,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws05champ View Post
What about tickets to the actual ceremony? Do you have to become a HOF member just to get them or can anyone go?
"Tickets for the Induction Ceremony are free, and lawn seating is virtually unlimited on a first-come, first-served basis.

To reserve seats for the July 27 Induction Ceremony through the Museumís Membership Program at the Presidentís and Benefactor levels, click here"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Moses_Scurry Moses_Scurry is offline
WSI's 2010 Preseason Prediction Contest Winner
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Carmel, IN
Posts: 2,918
Default

The one time we went we stayed in Utica at some Holiday Inn or Days Inn. I can't remember what. I loved the Baseball HOF. I've been to baseball, basketball, and football, and baseball's HOF is easily the best. The area around it is pretty fun, too. I didn't go during the induction ceremony or anything, so I'm guessing rooms will be much harder to find!
__________________
What is Mind? -- Doesn't Matter!
What is Matter? -- Never Mind!
-Homer Simpson
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-09-2014, 11:23 AM
Paulwny Paulwny is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: In a Field
Posts: 6,303
Default

On a normal summer day in Cooperstown finding a parking spot can be difficult.
Good luck to anyone attending.
__________________
She's the foundation I lean on, My woman, my WIFE.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-09-2014, 11:28 AM
SephClone89 SephClone89 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 5,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulwny View Post
On a normal summer day in Cooperstown finding a parking spot can be difficult.
Good luck to anyone attending.
Yeah, I figure we'll drive in as early as possible on Sunday. We ended up booking a Microtel in Johnstown.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-09-2014, 11:29 AM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 18,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses_Scurry View Post
The one time we went we stayed in Utica at some Holiday Inn or Days Inn. I can't remember what. I loved the Baseball HOF. I've been to baseball, basketball, and football, and baseball's HOF is easily the best. The area around it is pretty fun, too. I didn't go during the induction ceremony or anything, so I'm guessing rooms will be much harder to find!
We're gonna burn Utica to the ground.
__________________
Ridiculousness across all sports:

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-09-2014, 11:36 AM
DeadMoney DeadMoney is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
I am flying into Syracuse and staying at the Turning Point casino in Verona. It's a 90 minute drive to Cooperstown, but hey, I love gambling!
Upon your suggestion, I think we'll be staying out by the Turning Stone as well. Seemed like the best option over anything around Utica or anything around Albany.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-09-2014, 11:51 AM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 18,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoney View Post
Upon your suggestion, I think we'll be staying out by the Turning Stone as well. Seemed like the best option over anything around Utica or anything around Albany.
You'll find me at the poker table. Let's at least get a drink!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-09-2014, 12:33 PM
DeadMoney DeadMoney is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
You'll find me at the poker table. Let's at least get a drink!
Absolutely.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-10-2014, 10:23 AM
comiskey2000 comiskey2000 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 250
Default

Just went to Cooperstown last May (before school let out). I can't recommend this approach enough. While I think its great you are going induction weekend to support Frank, I'm not sure you will be fully able to appreciate the town. The hall of fame itself requires hours to go through it, even when it is empty. I can't imagine trying to go through the little town that weekend. Good luck though.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-10-2014, 10:29 AM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 18,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskey2000 View Post
Just went to Cooperstown last May (before school let out). I can't recommend this approach enough. While I think its great you are going induction weekend to support Frank, I'm not sure you will be fully able to appreciate the town. The hall of fame itself requires hours to go through it, even when it is empty. I can't imagine trying to go through the little town that weekend. Good luck though.
But the main reason for going now is to be there for Frank. For me, as much of the Hall as I get to see - and I will see some of it - is gravy.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-10-2014, 03:41 PM
gregp65 gregp65 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Galva, IL
Posts: 18
Default

I just switched my reservations from Albany to Utica, as the drive is considerably less. Not having been to the HOF in Cooperstown yet, I did go to see Marino get inducted in Canton. It should be similar, and I enjoyed that very much.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-10-2014, 03:43 PM
gregp65 gregp65 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Galva, IL
Posts: 18
Default

And did I read poker table somewhere?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-10-2014, 05:12 PM
palehosepub palehosepub is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Palos Park & South Loop
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
We're gonna burn Utica to the ground.
We're staying in Utica also - probably the Holiday Inn - I guess its about 35 miles

1. Does any one know is there remote parking or shuttles on Induction weekend?
2. Any good bars restaurants etc. in Utica?
__________________
"Call your sons! Call your daughters! Call your friends! Call your neighbors! Mark Buehrle has a perfect game going into the ninth!"
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-11-2014, 08:23 AM
gregp65 gregp65 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Galva, IL
Posts: 18
Default

I read somewhere you are encouraged to park in town and take one of the free shuttles to the ceremony due to a lack of parking at the ceremony.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-11-2014, 09:39 AM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is offline
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 53,753
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregp65 View Post
I read somewhere you are encouraged to park in town and take one of the free shuttles to the ceremony due to a lack of parking at the ceremony.
Yes, that's what I heard as well, there will be satellite parking around and outside of Cooperstown and buses that run back and forth.

I think they said the record attendance for an Induction Weekend was 75,000 people, so while it is a small town, they have dealt with large crowds like this before. I think you just have to be patient and understanding.
__________________
2014 Obligatory Attendance & Record Tracker

0-4

LAST GAME: May 31 - Padres 4, Sox 2
NEXT GAME: Maybe never? Apparently I am bad luck
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.