White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2014, 08:57 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi View Post
Mitchell is a better "athlete" than Thompson.

Micah Johnson is also an impressive athlete that plays baseball. He can run and hit for power.
Maybe pre injury. Walker might be a better athlete though. I guess I'm talking about prototypical baseball athlete, a combination of tools and Athleticism. There aren't a lot of guys out there with Trayce's combination of raw ability and athleticism. He's 6'3, fast, has tremendous power, a good eye, strong arm and is a plus fielder. If he ever could ever harness that ability and make decent contact, he would be a force. He's a lot like Torrii Hunter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 01-22-2014, 09:04 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
Maybe pre injury. Walker might be a better athlete though. I guess I'm talking about prototypical baseball athlete, a combination of tools and Athleticism. There aren't a lot of guys out there with Trayce's combination of raw ability and athleticism. He's 6'3, fast, has tremendous power, a good eye, strong arm and is a plus fielder. If he ever could ever harness that ability and make decent contact, he would be a force. He's a lot like Torrii Hunter.
A good eye????? The man's highest career OBP EVER in the minors is .329 and he averages about a 3:1 K:BB rate. If he was a starting pitcher you might have a case, but are we talking about the same player here?!?!?!?!

The kid has power, yes, very nice power. He is Adam Dunn with Speed, and not Adam Dunn on the Reds, but the White Sox version.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:44 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
A good eye????? The man's highest career OBP EVER in the minors is .329 and he averages about a 3:1 K:BB rate. If he was a starting pitcher you might have a case, but are we talking about the same player here?!?!?!?!

The kid has power, yes, very nice power. He is Adam Dunn with Speed, and not Adam Dunn on the Reds, but the White Sox version.
His career OBP is .080 above his BA. That demonstrates a good eye with contact problems.

He's also been young for his league at every stop.

Adam Dunn with speed? That's so dumb I don't know where to start. Thompson has 4 legit tools.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:09 AM
WSI Church Elder

To get a couple other things straight, Trayce Thompson is 22, not 24. If you're going to pimp Davidson, you might want to compare their numbers. Davidson's are better, but up until last year, they're not that far apart.