White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2013, 09:01 AM
WSI Regular

Default Ramirez Trade and move Beckham to SS

I haven't heard anything regarding this, but does anyone think this could be a possibility?
Old 12-08-2013, 09:08 AM
WSI Prelate

Beckham isn't a SS.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:21 AM
MMXXIII

If Ramirez is moved, I'm pretty sure we're going to get a lot of Semien and Leury Garcia at short

0-4

LAST GAME: May 31 - Padres 4, Sox 2
NEXT GAME: Maybe never? Apparently I am bad luck
Old 12-08-2013, 10:26 AM
WSI Guru

No reason to jerk Beckham around and have him switch positions again, as mediocre as I think he is.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-1.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Banned

The Yankees apparently are looking to move Brett Gardner if they can fill one of their other holes (2B/3B). Anyone else see a match with Beckham?
Old 12-08-2013, 11:40 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
The Yankees apparently are looking to move Brett Gardner if they can fill one of their other holes (2B/3B). Anyone else see a match with Beckham?
They signed Kelly Johnson, not sure why they would want Beckham.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:19 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregp65 View Post
I haven't heard anything regarding this, but does anyone think this could be a possibility?
There is a reason you haven't heard anything about this.

For one thing, I don't see the White Sox trading Ramirez. There was a thread about a column by a St. Louis writer who called the White Sox delusional in their asking price when the Cardinals asked about Ramirez, which I took as more of an indication that Ramirez isn't going anywhere than the possibility that the White Sox are trying to sell him for an unrealistic price. And, of course, he helped the White Sox sign Abreu.

As Soultrain noted, Beckham isn't considered a major league shortstop. He wasn't considered one when he was drafted. He played short in college. So did Buster Posey. I'm not sure if Posey and Beckham faced each other in college, but I wonder if there's a college box score that has Beckham and Posey as the starting shortstops.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:29 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
They signed Kelly Johnson, not sure why they would want Beckham.
Well, I'm not sure the acquisition of Johnson precludes the Yankees from trying to get another 2B, but I don't know why they would interested in Beckham. Man, he sucks.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:54 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:

Yankees turned down Gardner for Brandon Phillips. I doubt they'd pull the trigger for Beckham...
Old 12-12-2013, 12:09 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
I don't see an interest in Gardner.

If someone offers something interesting for Ramirez, by all means trade him. We can get by with L Garcia....IF we put him in the 9 hole (big IF, considering the braintrust led off the speedster when he played last year). He can get on base once in a while by walking.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:30 AM
WSI High Priest

I would do Beckham for Gardner in a HEART beat. However, that is a pretty low power OF with Eaton-Gardner-Garcia.

You would be resigned to the fact your only 2 power hitters are Dunn and Abreu. Risky proposition.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:30 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPeRx007 View Post
Yankees turned down Gardner for Brandon Phillips. I doubt they'd pull the trigger for Beckham...
to be fair though, the only reason they paid out is rampant reports that Phillips is demanding more money once he is dealt.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:06 AM
WSI Church Elder

With Abreu new to the team, I doubt that Ramirez and/or Viciedo get dealt this off-season.
It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. - A. Bartlett Giamatti
Old 12-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPeRx007 View Post
The White Sox would turn down Brandon Phillips for Beckham, the Phillips argument is irrelevant.

Phillips fell off miserably in the first year of a very expensive multi-year deal that takes him into his late 30's. He's basically untradable, without sending back another albatross.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
I would do Beckham for Gardner in a HEART beat. However, that is a pretty low power OF with Eaton-Gardner-Garcia.

You would be resigned to the fact your only 2 power hitters are Dunn and Abreu. Risky proposition.
Eh...I mean, if Garcia hits his power is supposed to be as high as anyone's. And it's not like we're looking at this as a finished product. At some point, we're going to have to get/develop a third basemen and a catcher, and both of those positions are traditionally power positions.