White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Alright, time to see what all these changes will bring... GO SOX!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2013, 02:08 PM
MMXXIII

Default White Sox Charities Holiday Blowout Sale - Dec. 7 - 10 AM

Well, I just got this in an email blast, first I've heard of it, wish the Sox would have marketed this a bit more, but for everyone else out there, if you're not doing anything, the Sox are hosting a Holiday Blowout Sale at US Cellular Field from 10-2 tomorrow (12/7). Looks to be pretty similar to the annual Garage Sale.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/...8188-629274983

Parking available in Lot D & E. Entrance is at Gate 2.

Even if you don't want to buy anything, looks like you'll still have access to the home and visitor's clubhouses, which is neat. Doesn't appear to be an entry fee. And the Chicago Sports Depot is running a special simultaneously, first 100 fans to spend $100 (at the Depot, not the Clubhouse sale, I think) get a free autographed baseball and everyone spending $50 (again, at the Depot... I think) can get a free ornament of the Chicago team of their choice.

0-2

LAST GAME: April 16 - Boston 6, Sox 4 (14)
NEXT GAME: April 26 vs. Tampa Bay
Old 12-07-2013, 08:37 AM
WSI High Priest

Good luck Sox shoppers! I wish I would have known about this ahead of time. It looks like they have some good stuff there for fans. I'd love to get some of those bobbles - oh well, maybe next year.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:06 PM
WSI Church Elder

I commend the Sox for how they ran this year's Holiday Blowout Sale. They actually let us inside the park about 45 minutes early so we could get out of the cold. It was a simple gesture that went a long way.

I picked up a pair of Adam Dunn spikes for $50, a 9/11 anniversary base for $150, autographed photos of Rios, Humber and Youkilis for $5 apiece, and an Andruw Jones warmup for $20 in the home clubhouse. In the visitors clubhouse I bought a pair of Rich Lindberg's updated White Sox Encyclopedias for $5 apiece, a softcover book on the 1959 Sox that I had never seen before for $10, Kittle bobblehead for $5 and a handful of programs/media guides for $1 each. Baines bobbleheads were $10 and Konerko bobbleheads were $25, while Pierce statues were $10.

There were decent lines to get into each clubhouse, but those disappeared after a couple hours.

Last edited by BainesHOF; 12-08-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:15 PM
WSI Church Elder

Had to work yesterday, so I was in the neighborhood and stopped in about 1230 pm.

Picked up the Sox encyclopedia for $5 and the Pierce statue and Baines bobblehead in the visitors' clubhouse.

In the Sox' clubhouse, bought an authentic Mark Parent road jersey for $20. Not that I have any great admiration for Parent, but the price was right and the size was in the big and tall grouping.

Some of the Sox jerseys were expensive with an authentic Pierzynski going for $400. I also spent $20 for the autographed ball in the brown bag. Who did I get? John Danks. Awesome.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:30 PM
WSI Regular

I'm also glad they opened up the stadium at Gate 2 to let us warm up before the sale. I think last year when they tried to have fans enter the Scout Seat lounge was a mistake and they learned from it.

I always go to the clubhouse and garage sales so I'm kind of running out of things to buy and since I'm not into jerseys I usually go for the cheap items in the visitors clubhouse. The Total White Sox books were a great deal for $5 so we grabbed two. They also had plenty of bobbleheads and statues if anyone missed the giveaways this season. Some of the autographed balls in the home clubhouse were pretty overpriced, IMO.

The Sports Depot across the street had a 25% off everything in the store sale so I picked up a couple jersey shirts for $15 each. It's always nice to stop by the park, especially when I'm starting to miss baseball.