White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 01-23-2014, 08:07 AM
beasly213 beasly213 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Orland Park
Posts: 4,150
Default

Considering going to Sox Fest on Sunday for Bo Jackson.

Question for Sox Fest veterans since I haven't been in years. What time do you suggest I arrive/line up to assure myself his autograph? His start time is 9:00am I believe.

Thanks!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 01-23-2014, 09:33 AM
My_Sox_Summer My_Sox_Summer is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bridgeport / Chicago, IL
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasly213 View Post
Considering going to Sox Fest on Sunday for Bo Jackson.

Question for Sox Fest veterans since I haven't been in years. What time do you suggest I arrive/line up to assure myself his autograph? His start time is 9:00am I believe.

Thanks!
If you get there about 15 minutes prior, you should be good.

I am going for that one too, I went last year. I waited in line for Pauly for 2 hours prior to the signing time, then 1.5 while he was signing. It is a brutal. I am guessing that it will be chaos, unless the kids don't want this autograph.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-24-2014, 08:08 AM
hanger hanger is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 37
Default

It's been a long time since I've been to one of these. As far as autographs, do you have to bring your own item to get signed, or do they have their own pictures at the table they'll sign and give you?
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01-24-2014, 12:15 PM
shenk16 shenk16 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanger View Post
It's been a long time since I've been to one of these. As far as autographs, do you have to bring your own item to get signed, or do they have their own pictures at the table they'll sign and give you?
You either bring your own item or they have vendors selling items to get signed at the fest.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01-24-2014, 06:14 PM
#1swisher #1swisher is offline
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 60610
Posts: 16,257
Default Soxfest

If you missed it, rebroadcast @ 12:30 AM

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/...-continues-csn
__________________
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 01-24-2014, 06:27 PM
#1swisher #1swisher is offline
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 60610
Posts: 16,257
Default

Colleen Kane ‏@ChiTribKane 1h

Rick Hahn and Robin Ventura take the stage at SoxFest. pic.twitter.com/8duYzhiX7D


Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox 1h


White Sox Town Hall taking place now with Hahn and Ventura. Plenty of good seats available. pic.twitter.com/sTZqLhPSEI


Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 01-24-2014, 06:35 PM
cub killer cub killer is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoney View Post


"If (I) don't have anything nice to say...". Considering you live with me and I told you last week when I heard something, you know damn well what I'm talking about.

I'll just be curious to hear back reports if he's there or not (and how he's looking/doing).
He's lookin spiffy as always:
__________________
The regular season is merely the qualifying phase for the playoffs. The regular season does not determine the best team, nor the order of who is best.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 01-24-2014, 11:31 PM
DeadMoney DeadMoney is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,524
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cub killer View Post
He's lookin spiffy as always:
Very good to see. Thanks.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 01-25-2014, 10:54 AM
Brian26's Avatar
Brian26 Brian26 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 29,266
Blog Entries: 52
Default

For those that care, Bo will only be signing a special print provided by the Sox tomorrow. It appears he won't sign anything else.
__________________


2014 Attendance Record: 3-3, 0.500
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 01-25-2014, 10:41 PM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 18,189
Default

Did Frank Thomas ever show up?
__________________
Ridiculousness across all sports:

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 01-26-2014, 09:07 AM
soltrain21 soltrain21 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orland Park
Posts: 14,195
Default

Yikes to that town hall meeting picture.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 01-26-2014, 11:44 AM
ChiSoxGirl's Avatar
ChiSoxGirl ChiSoxGirl is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wishing I was on the Carnival Legend
Posts: 5,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Did Frank Thomas ever show up?
He was an hour late to yesterday's autograph session. Word around the Palmer House was that he had to attend a funeral.
__________________
[IMG][/IMG] The 2005 World Champion White Sox: Thanks for a lifetime of memories!
2014 Record: 5-5 Next Game: August 30 vs. DET
I ♥ Pods; I ♥ SUMMER!!!!
Robin!


Yaz! Pliers!

"Robin Ventura has one thing Ozzie does not have -- CLASS!" ~My dad, in response to seeing the Sox commercials that featured Robin, 03.08.12

Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 01-26-2014, 11:58 AM
tstrike2000 tstrike2000 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: 'Burbs
Posts: 5,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGirl View Post
He was an hour late to yesterday's autograph session. Word around the Palmer House was that he had to attend a funeral.
Perhaps Tebman knows if Big Hurt was around, we should ask him.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 01-26-2014, 12:33 PM
palehosepub palehosepub is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Palos Park & South Loop
Posts: 484
Default

I went to every seminar yesterday with the exception of the private one at the end of the day. Some observations:

I knew Hahn was articulate and well educated but her really is impressive to listen to. He has a very clear vision of how he wants to retool and is very aware of Sox fans frustrations including Dunn, catching etc.

Both Buddy Bell and Rick Hahn independently mentioned an "option" that really concerns me. The option is to not use all of the money for the 3rd pick slot on a prospect but instead draft a prospect at three for a lesser amount and spend the unused slot money on a player in the later rounds. I hope they don't blow this pick, they need to identify the top three payers available and take that player - they cant afford to be smarter than everyone else. Hahn also said that it is likely that there first pick would be a pitcher based on the current draft.

Billy Pierce and Gary Peters session was engaging, just a couple of class guys who had some incredible moments and careers. The only guys left from 1959 are Pierce Landis, Rivera and Rudy Arias. Landis has been very sick and in a hospital for one year.

There was a session with Lindstrom, Eaton and Eric Johnson (who replaced Dunn). This session was hysterical. If this guy Eaton can play he will be a fan favorite no doubt about it. He's quick witted with a good sense of humor and a bit irreverent. He loves being on stage.

Lindstrom had some good oneliners once he warmed up a bit.

Eric Johnson is a very polite, somewhat shy guy. Really enjoyed the session with the here of them as it appeared the crowd did too.
__________________
"Call your sons! Call your daughters! Call your friends! Call your neighbors! Mark Buehrle has a perfect game going into the ninth!"
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 01-26-2014, 12:39 PM
Tragg Tragg is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 12,878
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post
I went to every seminar yesterday with the exception of the private one at the end of the day. Some observations:

I knew Hahn was articulate and well educated but her really is impressive to listen to. He has a very clear vision of how he wants to retool and is very aware of Sox fans frustrations including Dunn, catching etc.

Both Buddy Bell and Rick Hahn independently mentioned an "option" that really concerns me. The option is to not use all of the money for the 3rd pick slot on a prospect but instead draft a prospect at three for a lesser amount and spend the unused slot money on a player in the later rounds. I hope they don't blow this pick, they need to identify the top three payers available and take that player - they cant afford to be smarter than everyone else. Hahn also said that it is likely that there first pick would be a pitcher based on the current draft.

Billy Pierce and Gary Peters session was engaging, just a couple of class guys who had some incredible moments and careers. The only guys left from 1959 are Pierce Landis, Rivera and Rudy Arias. Landis has been very sick and in a hospital for one year.

There was a session with Lindstrom, Eaton and Eric Johnson (who replaced Dunn). This session was hysterical. If this guy Eaton can play he will be a fan favorite no doubt about it. He's quick witted with a good sense of humor and a bit irreverent. He loves being on stage.

Lindstrom had some good oneliners once he warmed up a bit.

Eric Johnson is a very polite, somewhat shy guy. Really enjoyed the session with the here of them as it appeared the crowd did too.
This is really cool. I've never been much of an autograph guy, but those seminars look great.
And I agree -don't clown around with the 3rd pick for goodness sakes.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.