White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2014, 08:07 AM
WSI Church Elder

Considering going to Sox Fest on Sunday for Bo Jackson.

Question for Sox Fest veterans since I haven't been in years. What time do you suggest I arrive/line up to assure myself his autograph? His start time is 9:00am I believe.

Thanks!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:33 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasly213 View Post
Considering going to Sox Fest on Sunday for Bo Jackson.

Question for Sox Fest veterans since I haven't been in years. What time do you suggest I arrive/line up to assure myself his autograph? His start time is 9:00am I believe.

Thanks!
If you get there about 15 minutes prior, you should be good.

I am going for that one too, I went last year. I waited in line for Pauly for 2 hours prior to the signing time, then 1.5 while he was signing. It is a brutal. I am guessing that it will be chaos, unless the kids don't want this autograph.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:08 AM
WSI Regular

It's been a long time since I've been to one of these. As far as autographs, do you have to bring your own item to get signed, or do they have their own pictures at the table they'll sign and give you?
Old 01-24-2014, 12:15 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanger View Post
It's been a long time since I've been to one of these. As far as autographs, do you have to bring your own item to get signed, or do they have their own pictures at the table they'll sign and give you?
You either bring your own item or they have vendors selling items to get signed at the fest.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:14 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Default Soxfest

If you missed it, rebroadcast @ 12:30 AM

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/...-continues-csn
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 01-24-2014, 06:27 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Colleen Kane ‏@ChiTribKane 1h

Rick Hahn and Robin Ventura take the stage at SoxFest. pic.twitter.com/8duYzhiX7D

Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox 1h

White Sox Town Hall taking place now with Hahn and Ventura. Plenty of good seats available. pic.twitter.com/sTZqLhPSEI

Old 01-24-2014, 06:35 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoney View Post

"If (I) don't have anything nice to say...". Considering you live with me and I told you last week when I heard something, you know damn well what I'm talking about.

I'll just be curious to hear back reports if he's there or not (and how he's looking/doing).
He's lookin spiffy as always:
Old 01-24-2014, 11:31 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cub killer View Post
He's lookin spiffy as always:
Very good to see. Thanks.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:54 AM
WSI Guru

For those that care, Bo will only be signing a special print provided by the Sox tomorrow. It appears he won't sign anything else.

2014 Attendance Record: 3-3, 0.500
Old 01-25-2014, 10:41 PM
WSI Prelate

Did Frank Thomas ever show up?

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 01-26-2014, 09:07 AM
WSI Prelate

Yikes to that town hall meeting picture.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:44 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Did Frank Thomas ever show up?
He was an hour late to yesterday's autograph session. Word around the Palmer House was that he had to attend a funeral.
Robin!

Yaz! Pliers!

"Robin Ventura has one thing Ozzie does not have -- CLASS!" ~My dad, in response to seeing the Sox commercials that featured Robin, 03.08.12

Old 01-26-2014, 11:58 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGirl View Post
He was an hour late to yesterday's autograph session. Word around the Palmer House was that he had to attend a funeral.
Perhaps Tebman knows if Big Hurt was around, we should ask him.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:33 PM
WSI Regular

I went to every seminar yesterday with the exception of the private one at the end of the day. Some observations:

I knew Hahn was articulate and well educated but her really is impressive to listen to. He has a very clear vision of how he wants to retool and is very aware of Sox fans frustrations including Dunn, catching etc.

Both Buddy Bell and Rick Hahn independently mentioned an "option" that really concerns me. The option is to not use all of the money for the 3rd pick slot on a prospect but instead draft a prospect at three for a lesser amount and spend the unused slot money on a player in the later rounds. I hope they don't blow this pick, they need to identify the top three payers available and take that player - they cant afford to be smarter than everyone else. Hahn also said that it is likely that there first pick would be a pitcher based on the current draft.

Billy Pierce and Gary Peters session was engaging, just a couple of class guys who had some incredible moments and careers. The only guys left from 1959 are Pierce Landis, Rivera and Rudy Arias. Landis has been very sick and in a hospital for one year.

There was a session with Lindstrom, Eaton and Eric Johnson (who replaced Dunn). This session was hysterical. If this guy Eaton can play he will be a fan favorite no doubt about it. He's quick witted with a good sense of humor and a bit irreverent. He loves being on stage.

Lindstrom had some good oneliners once he warmed up a bit.

Eric Johnson is a very polite, somewhat shy guy. Really enjoyed the session with the here of them as it appeared the crowd did too.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:39 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post
I went to every seminar yesterday with the exception of the private one at the end of the day. Some observations:

I knew Hahn was articulate and well educated but her really is impressive to listen to. He has a very clear vision of how he wants to retool and is very aware of Sox fans frustrations including Dunn, catching etc.

Both Buddy Bell and Rick Hahn independently mentioned an "option" that really concerns me. The option is to not use all of the money for the 3rd pick slot on a prospect but instead draft a prospect at three for a lesser amount and spend the unused slot money on a player in the later rounds. I hope they don't blow this pick, they need to identify the top three payers available and take that player - they cant afford to be smarter than everyone else. Hahn also said that it is likely that there first pick would be a pitcher based on the current draft.

Billy Pierce and Gary Peters session was engaging, just a couple of class guys who had some incredible moments and careers. The only guys left from 1959 are Pierce Landis, Rivera and Rudy Arias. Landis has been very sick and in a hospital for one year.

There was a session with Lindstrom, Eaton and Eric Johnson (who replaced Dunn). This session was hysterical. If this guy Eaton can play he will be a fan favorite no doubt about it. He's quick witted with a good sense of humor and a bit irreverent. He loves being on stage.

Lindstrom had some good oneliners once he warmed up a bit.

Eric Johnson is a very polite, somewhat shy guy. Really enjoyed the session with the here of them as it appeared the crowd did too.
This is really cool. I've never been much of an autograph guy, but those seminars look great.
And I agree -don't clown around with the 3rd pick for goodness sakes.