White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2013, 11:14 AM
WSI Regular

Default Does Sox Shop know something we dont?

ALUMNI???
Old 11-02-2013, 11:36 AM
WSI Church Elder

And the losing streak continues.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:12 PM
WSI Church Elder

Unbelievable.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:45 PM
WSI Prelate

Without studying the site, I'm wondering if the alumni section demands higher prices. Konerko isn't officially an alumnus at this point, but he does have team-giant status.

The price seems a bit high, but I don't track autograph values. I was at a yard sale in Modesto, California, this summer where a man was selling a Paul Konerko autographed ball (something signed by a young Paulie in his Dodger-prospect minor league days) in his driveway with some others, mostly A's. He was only charging $10. This isn't an area where there's great demand, and I didn't need it because I have a ball autographed by Konerko. I could be the only White Sox fan who ever visited this guy's driveway. When I asked about the ball, he started to explain to me who Paul Konerko is.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:25 AM
WSI Regular

No likey.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:48 AM
MMXXIII

Maybe they just watched the last 1 1/2 seasons of White Sox baseball
Old 11-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Tom Feargal Hagen

We'll know more by 11:00 p.m. today. That is when Paulie becomes a free agent.

All hail The Rick
Old 11-04-2013, 10:45 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
We'll know more by 11:00 p.m. today. That is when Paulie becomes a free agent.
That's just when they lose exclusive rights to negotiate with him, I believe after the '05 season, Paulie and the Sox didn't reach an agreement until after the same deadline had passed.

That said, I will be FLOORED if Konerko is back with the Sox next season. There is seriously no reason for it to happen.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
That's just when they lose exclusive rights to negotiate with him, I believe after the '05 season, Paulie and the Sox didn't reach an agreement until after the same deadline had passed.

That said, I will be FLOORED if Konerko is back with the Sox next season. There is seriously no reason for it to happen.
You're right about 2005. The Angels (or maybe it was the Dodgers or D-Backs?) were about to ink a deal with him when Uncle Jerry made a last minute offer to Paulie to keep him here.

This time, I don't think there would be many bidders for his services if he goes on the open market. I agree there is no rationale baseball reason for him to come back, but that's not to say the Sox won't give him a victory lap if they think they can dispose of Dunn mid-season (I don't expect Abreu to come north with the team in April, he needs some exposure to American baseball at Charlotte before joining the mid-season if he's ready).
Old 11-04-2013, 02:53 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
You're right about 2005. The Angels (or maybe it was the Dodgers or D-Backs?) were about to ink a deal with him when Uncle Jerry made a last minute offer to Paulie to keep him here.

This time, I don't think there would be many bidders for his services if he goes on the open market. I agree there is no rationale baseball reason for him to come back, but that's not to say the Sox won't give him a victory lap if they think they can dispose of Dunn mid-season (I don't expect Abreu to come north with the team in April, he needs some exposure to American baseball at Charlotte before joining the mid-season if he's ready).
Angels. I was living out west at the time and went to game 3 of the ALCS. After the 1st we were up the fans sitting next to me assured me that it was ok cause they would have him next year. Really glad that didn't happen.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:01 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
The only reason I'd like to see it, is for Pauly to get the send off he deserves. Not what happened last year. But the Sox are awful at that so I do not expect it to happen unless Pauly takes next to nothing to come back.

The video tribute to AJ this year was pretty awesome though. But it would have been even better if he was still a White Sox.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:41 PM
WSI Church Elder

There's no reason for a victory lap. #14 will be retired and there will be a Konerko statue on the concourse. Sox fans will have their chance to say "thanks" to Paulie many, many times. Dragging it out for a full season will only dilute it. If Paulie wants to play in 2014, I hope someone gives him the chance. But I hope it's not my favorite team.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:20 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Sox_Summer View Post
Angels. I was living out west at the time and went to game 3 of the ALCS. After the 1st we were up the fans sitting next to me assured me that it was ok cause they would have him next year. Really glad that didn't happen.
Actually, it was the Orioles. The Angels and Orioles were in it. The Orioles were the team.

2014 Attendance Record: 4-5; 0.444
Old 11-04-2013, 07:22 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
(I don't expect Abreu to come north with the team in April, he needs some exposure to American baseball at Charlotte before joining the mid-season if he's ready).
He'll get acclimated to American baseball in Spring Training. The 26-yr old guy the Sox just spent $68 million on will be the Opening Day 1B, or I owe you a churro of your choice.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:34 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Default Konerko might consider a part-time position in Chicago.

ChiTribSports ‏@ChiTribSports
No qualifying offers for Sox free agents Konerko, Floyd http://trib.in/1hIF3Cp

<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>