White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 10:27 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRob View Post
To be fair did you feel the same way when Griffey used to admire his homers? Canseco Sosa McGuire Bonds Jackson Kingman all have done the pose. And some numerous times. I don't care if you're a HOF or not imo. A turd move is a turd move

You might have not watched the video.

What Gomez did tonight does not compare to anything any of those guys mentioned ever did in any of the close to 5,000 HRs combined those guys hit.

Even Kingman who was a complete jackass, not even close to what Gomez did tonight.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:57 PM
WSI Personality

I've always liked McCann. Good for him he put this little boy jackass in his place.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:06 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
There's a difference between admiring the home run, which I hate, and what Gomez did. Gomez was shouting at Malholm all the way around the bases (Gomez also glared at Malholm after practically coming out of his shoes on a swing and miss after the first pitch). Had Gomez JUST admired the home run, or even glared at the pitcher after hitting it and shouting something on the way to first, I don't think McCann would have acted the way he did. I don't think there is a single team in baseball that wouldn't have reacted the way the Braves did.
Why is it batters can never say or do anything when a pitcher shows them up, throws at them etc? Honestly, if someone threw a 95 or even 85 at my head. i'd think about throwing my bat at their knees. I agree and eye for an eye and that. But I'm not going to take sides until the whole story comes out. Pitchers talk a lot of **** out there to
Old 09-25-2013, 11:10 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
You might have not watched the video.

What Gomez did tonight does not compare to anything any of those guys mentioned ever did in any of the close to 5,000 HRs combined those guys hit.

Even Kingman who was a complete jackass, not even close to what Gomez did tonight.
what sit there and admire his HR? I seen it a 100 times. Players talk ****. How many times to the gret A.J talk his crap when he homered? A few times. And A.J is a bigger tool then Gomez.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:49 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
what sit there and admire his HR? I seen it a 100 times. Players talk ****. How many times to the gret A.J talk his crap when he homered? A few times. And A.J is a bigger tool then Gomez.
Are you drinking tonight?

2014 Attendance Record: 3-3, 0.500
Old 09-26-2013, 12:12 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Are you drinking tonight?
Are you blind or just you just try and seem like you know what you're talking about. Forget when A.J postered a HR against the Cubs and talking **** to their dug out? What, that never happened because he played for the White Sox?
Old 09-26-2013, 12:26 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHISOXFAN13 View Post
Not really sure why Freeman was ejected unless the umpires believe he riled up Gomez more.

I can understand the Braves angst, but they have bigger fish to fry and should probably refrain from bench clearing brawls at this point.
Freeman said something to Golmez, but he was ejected because he came into the scrum and threw an elbow, which hit Aramis Ramirez in the face.

That being said, yeah Golmez was being a moron with that HR. I have no clue what he was saying, or why he was saying it but that's an error on his judgement. The weird thing is, that this is completely out of character for Golmez since he came to Milwaukee. Hopefully RR lets him sit out tomorrow and think on what he did.

Whenever the Sox or Brewers win, it's PARTY TIME!!!!!

Old 09-26-2013, 12:26 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Are you blind or just you just try and seem like you know what you're talking about. Forget when A.J postered a HR against the Cubs and talking **** to their dug out? What, that never happened because he played for the White Sox?
Well, AJ admired a go ahead home run in the top of the 9th, pointed to his own dugout against one of his team's biggest rivals a couple of weeks after the Cubs catcher punched him in the face and even then he didn't glare at the pitcher or scream at anyone on the Cubs. So I don't think that your comparison is particularly apt.

Go Sox!!!
Old 09-26-2013, 12:46 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Well, AJ admired a go ahead home run in the top of the 9th, pointed to his own dugout against one of his team's biggest rivals a couple of weeks after the Cubs catcher punched him in the face and even then he didn't glare at the pitcher or scream at anyone on the Cubs. So I don't think that your comparison is particularly apt.
I was there just behind the Cubs dugout. He stood there Jaw yapping at them. Point is A.J is a tool, he was with the Twins, especially against the White Sox, He was a tool with the Giants and his own team, and him own team mates hated him here. Basically what I'm saying is big deal what Gomez did or said. Maybe Maholm deserved it who knows. Braves are in the playoffs, Brewers are not. How dumb would of looked if McCann was suspended for the first Rd?
Old 09-26-2013, 12:48 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
I was there just behind the Cubs dugout. He stood there Jaw yapping at them. Point is A.J is a tool, he was with the Twins, especially against the White Sox, He was a tool with the Giants and his own team, and him own team mates hated him here. Basically what I'm saying is big deal what Gomez did or said. Maybe Maholm deserved it who knows. Braves are in the playoffs, Brewers are not. How dumb would of looked if McCann was suspended for the first Rd?
Well he wasn't thrown out of the game so I doubt that would happen.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:51 AM
WSI Prelate

Gomez is an all around dickish individual.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:57 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Well he wasn't thrown out of the game so I doubt that would happen.
I'm saying If. It could of gotten worse.I'm saying was it worth it? Nail him in the next game or put it away till next year.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:02 AM
MMXXIII

Did that HR even count? Because I don't think Gomez ever touched home.

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know
Old 09-26-2013, 01:25 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Did that HR even count? Because I don't think Gomez ever touched home.
It did since he was obstructed by McCann.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:52 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
So because you think AJ was per your words 'a tool' Gomez is excused for being a ********. Good to know.

You don't happen to be related to Gomez, do you?