White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2013, 12:52 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Kenny misses being GM

Really interesting quotes - you can tell he misses it. I think we all sometimes think the grass is going to be greener doing something else and it isn't always the case. Also really fascinating to hear JR and Kenny lamenting the team until 1:30 in the morning. I know most fans will respond to this with negativity, but I think it's cool to know these guys care, they are human, they are doing what they think is right. We may not agree with every move, but they want success for this franchise as much as fans do.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...0,592539.story

"I'm sorry that you don't like our 3-4-5 hitters. Or our closer.

"I'm sorry that you don't like our third baseman and our shortstop. Or our left fielder and our right fielder.

"I'm sorry people feel this way about our club. But I also want you to know something about that:

"We don't care."

-Kenny Williams before start of 2005 season
Old 08-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge View Post
Really interesting quotes - you can tell he misses it. I think we all sometimes think the grass is going to be greener doing something else and it isn't always the case. Also really fascinating to hear JR and Kenny lamenting the team until 1:30 in the morning. I know most fans will respond to this with negativity, but I think it's cool to know these guys care, they are human, they are doing what they think is right. We may not agree with every move, but they want success for this franchise as much as fans do.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...0,592539.story
I got the same impression. I wonder with how well Kenny and Jerry get along and the mess that this season was if Jerry fires Hahn and lets Kenny do both jobs.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:12 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
I got the same impression. I wonder with how well Kenny and Jerry get along and the mess that this season was if Jerry fires Hahn and lets Kenny do both jobs.
I need a translator for this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 08-14-2013, 01:15 PM
WSI Irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
He's saying that because KW and JR get along so well, and because this season went poorly, he wonders if Hahn is going to get fired and Kenny is going to resume being GM.

To which I say: Zero percent chance.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:16 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
I need a translator for this one.
Thank you, I thought it was me at first.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:17 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplodingScorbord View Post
He's saying that because KW and JR get along so well, and because this season went poorly, he wonders if Hahn is going to get fired and Kenny is going to resume being GM.

To which I say: Zero percent chance.
Zero percent, and a horrible idea. Hahn is what is needed. None of this season is his fault. I am actually glad Kenny stepped aside, I just thought it was interesting he still craves the job.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:35 PM
WSI Regular

I love how so far Hahn has handled cleaning up Kenny's mess of a team. I just wonder how much say so Kenny has with the moves Hahn makes or wants to make.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:39 PM
WSI High Priest

It was time for Kenny to go. I am sure Ozzie misses being a manager too, but I would not want him back either. 2005 is going on 10 years ago, and Kenny has not done much since. 2 quiet first round exits. We need a big picture guy, and Rick is it. I just hope he is not being handcuffed by Kenny.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:27 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOXBOY View Post
I love how so far Hahn has handled cleaning up Kenny's mess of a team. I just wonder how much say so Kenny has with the moves Hahn makes or wants to make.
I should hope Kenny gave Hahn freedom to make moves without his consent. At least for the time being, Hahn should only be talking to Reinsdorf about potential moves. The GM who created this big a mess should not be consulted on how to clean it up.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:17 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas35forever View Post
I should hope Kenny gave Hahn freedom to make moves without his consent. At least for the time being, Hahn should only be talking to Reinsdorf about potential moves. The GM who created this big a mess should not be consulted on how to clean it up.
And if the mess was created by the guy who you think Hahn should now be talking to?
Old 08-14-2013, 03:26 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
It was time for Kenny to go. I am sure Ozzie misses being a manager too, but I would not want him back either. 2005 is going on 10 years ago, and Kenny has not done much since. 2 quiet first round exits. We need a big picture guy, and Rick is it. I just hope he is not being handcuffed by Kenny.
That would be nice. It's actually only 1.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:30 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huisj View Post
That would be nice. It's actually only 1.
Ugh, you are right, I don't know why I was thinking we had been back twice. Wow it has been a while!
Old 08-14-2013, 04:44 PM
WSI Regular

I sympathize with Kenny. Being in all the action and all furvor no matter how fustrating is something you miss when you no longer have it.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:56 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
And if the mess was created by the guy who you think Hahn should now be talking to?
Reinsdorf, Ventura, Bell, hell, even Merkin would be a better guy to consult on these issues.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:59 PM
WSI Personality

It's not at all fair to say that Kenny is fully responsible for the mess this year. Hahn was in charge this offseason and decided to bring back the exact same club that choked away a division title, largely because they couldn't hit. He didn't address it. Both of them get the blame.