White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013, 07:30 PM
WSI High Priest

Default Beautiful, fun night. Friday, August 23rd

At the last moment I bought tickets for myself and my family for AJ's return on Friday night. I've been going to Sox games for 49 years and I have to say, Friday was memorable one, in spite of the Sox loss.

I'm not much of an Elvis Presley fan. But I have to say, that promotion was so darn fun. Me and my family will be going to Elvis Night next year and we'll bring friends with us too.

We nabbed very inexpensive upper deck tickets. Great idea by the Sox to make the upper deck tickets affordable for families. Kudos too for the fantastic foods in the upper deck. My wife and girls all said how friendly the folks at the concession stands were.

The Sox got clobbered but I was proud to be a Sox fan. Thanks White Sox for a great night!

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 08-24-2013, 08:22 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post
At the last moment I bought tickets for myself and my family for AJ's return on Friday night. I've been going to Sox games for 49 years and I have to say, Friday was memorable one, in spite of the Sox loss.

I'm not much of an Elvis Presley fan. But I have to say, that promotion was so darn fun. Me and my family will be going to Elvis Night next year and we'll bring friends with us too.

We nabbed very inexpensive upper deck tickets. Great idea by the Sox to make the upper deck tickets affordable for families. Kudos too for the fantastic foods in the upper deck. My wife and girls all said how friendly the folks at the concession stands were.

The Sox got clobbered but I was proud to be a Sox fan. Thanks White Sox for a great night!
Couldn't agree more. Despite terrible play on the field, the ballpark experience has improved significantly.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:42 PM
WSI Church Elder

I was also there. Never go Fridays, but went for the fireworks and stuff. It was a blast and I will return next year.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:01 PM
WSI Guru

I went on Elvis Night last year with a friend who is a big Elvis fan (her dad is the big Elvis fan, they have a cigar-store Indian-sized statue of the King in their living room). I had a blast, from the skydivers dressed like Elvis to the music throughout the night. Totally forgot about it this year.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-1.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:20 AM
WSI Personality

I didn't make it this year but I've gone to about four Elvis Night games since they have started the promotion (entirely through random chance - how strange is that?)

I've always enjoyed it even though I'm probably just a little too young to appreciate The King. I was four years old when he died. For whatever reason, the crowd seems to be really into the spirit of things for this game and the other attractions (fireworks, skydivers, impersonators, change in music from the usual stadium noise) have made it a very enjoyable experience. I hope they keep it around as long as it stays a good time.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:06 AM
WSI Church Elder

Sounds like everyone had a hunka hunka burnin' love good time!

RIP Casey Viator youngest ever AAU Mr America (age 19)
Old 08-25-2013, 06:29 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post
Kudos too for the fantastic foods in the upper deck. My wife and girls all said how friendly the folks at the concession stands were.
What food were you impressed by? Just curious. Best thing I've had lately are the cheese curds.

2014 Attendance Record: 3-3, 0.500
Old 08-25-2013, 09:08 PM
WSI Church Elder

I was there too because I wanted to be there to welcome AJ back. The video montage they played was wonderful and his acknowledging the fans was great. I seriously almost had tears in my eyes, and I never cry, even at sad movies!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:09 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryzner View Post
I was there too because I wanted to be there to welcome AJ back. The video montage they played was wonderful and his acknowledging the fans was great. I seriously almost had tears in my eyes, and I never cry, even at sad movies!
The video montage was terrific. I can't find it anywhere on the interwebs. A Must View for all Sox fans.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:08 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
The video montage was terrific. I can't find it anywhere on the interwebs. A Must View for all Sox fans.
I wonder if we can write to them and get the Sox to release the video on their home page somehow. I don't know the rules, regulations, or whatever with getting this cleared (if there are such things), but it would be awesome to be able to see it again, that's for sure.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:28 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryzner View Post
I wonder if we can write to them and get the Sox to release the video on their home page somehow. I don't know the rules, regulations, or whatever with getting this cleared (if there are such things), but it would be awesome to be able to see it again, that's for sure.
If anyone can make it happen.. WSI can!
Old 08-26-2013, 11:19 AM
WSI High Priest

Elvis Night is a fun time. My dad was not a big baseball fan but he loved going to Elvis Night. My two brothers and I always took him and we always had a great time. Unfortunately, we lost my father very unexpectedly last November and it was too emotional for us to go this year. The Sox have a handful of amazing promotions that help form lifelong memories.

Kudos to the entire Sox organization for making going to the game a fun night.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:24 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post

The video is on the Sox website now:
http://wapc.mlb.com/cws/play/?tcid=m...nt_id=30077465