White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #136  
Old 08-28-2013, 01:12 PM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 18,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
I was told a few weeks ago by somebody who works for the White Sox that Dunn won't be on the White Sox in 2014. He called Dunn poison. That being said I was hoping that Dunn would be gone to some contender before the 2013 season was over. Its almost August 31st and it doesn't look like Dunn is going to be moved. It doesn't seem like these contenders want Dunn. The Pirates just picked up Byrd. The Rangers who seem to have a major hole at DH don't want Dunn either. I read somewhere that the Rangers plan on on using Nelson Cruz as there DH in the 2013 playoffs. I'm beginning to wonder if the White Sox are going to get stuck with Dunn for the 2014 season. Dave Schuester of the SCORE has said on the radio that Dunn has told him he intends to keep playing after his contract is up after the 2014 season. If that is the case I hope he doesn't sign another contract with the White Sox.
This all reeks of bull****, except that he will keep playing after his contract expires because, oh, I don't know, HE'S ONLY 33?

Whom did you talk to? Southpaw, a member of the Chevrolet Pride Crew or the bartender at Bacardi at the Park?
__________________
Ridiculousness across all sports:

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 08-28-2013, 01:16 PM
Noneck Noneck is offline
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nw Side
Posts: 7,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
This all reeks of bull****, except that he will keep playing after his contract expires because, oh, I don't know, HE'S ONLY 33?
And he will end up with 500+ HRs.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 08-28-2013, 01:33 PM
Rocky Soprano Rocky Soprano is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munster, IN
Posts: 8,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Whom did you talk to? Southpaw, a member of the Chevrolet Pride Crew or the bartender at Bacardi at the Park?
It was the soft spoken hot dog vendor.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 08-28-2013, 02:09 PM
SoxandtheCityTee SoxandtheCityTee is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: South Loop
Posts: 3,266
Default

She's switched product. At least, last time I was there she was selling ice cream.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 08-28-2013, 02:12 PM
kobo kobo is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Mount prospect
Posts: 4,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
And he is available for a month of this years salary and all of next. Not a sniff by 29 clubs. That should tell everyone his worth.
It tells me no one wants to take on his salary for the rest of this year and next year. This says NOTHING about what could happen this winter or next season. We also have no idea if some club inquired about Dunn at the trade deadline or not. Not every inquiry or move is published by the media.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 08-28-2013, 02:16 PM
Rocky Soprano Rocky Soprano is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munster, IN
Posts: 8,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxandtheCityTee View Post
She's switched product. At least, last time I was there she was selling ice cream.
Love how you did that.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 08-28-2013, 02:40 PM
SephClone89 SephClone89 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 5,970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
I'll only believe it if the guy called him Adam Done.
Aaaand boom goes the dynamite.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 08-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Noneck Noneck is offline
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nw Side
Posts: 7,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobo View Post
It tells me no one wants to take on his salary for the rest of this year and next year. This says NOTHING about what could happen this winter or next season. We also have no idea if some club inquired about Dunn at the trade deadline or not. Not every inquiry or move is published by the media.

Hes not worth his salary, no one will take him unless the Sox salt and pepper part of his salary. In order for the Sox to get anything in return a large portion of his salary will have to be eaten. Basically he is worthless.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 08-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Goose Goose is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
Hes not worth his salary, no one will take him unless the Sox salt and pepper part of his salary. In order for the Sox to get anything in return a large portion of his salary will have to be eaten. Basically he is worthless.
So why not pay a good chunk of it (which you will have to do anyway) and get something of value (prospect) for him? There is value there. Keeping him on this team next year is worthless to the Sox.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 08-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Noneck Noneck is offline
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nw Side
Posts: 7,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
So why not pay a good chunk of it (which you will have to do anyway) and get something of value (prospect) for him? There is value there. Keeping him on this team next year is worthless to the Sox.
If they can get a decent prospect, I agree but you would figure that teams in the hunt at this time of year would be more desperate than a team starting next year. If the Sox dont want him for next year why would other teams?
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 08-28-2013, 11:56 PM
Tragg Tragg is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 12,930
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
Hes not worth his salary, no one will take him unless the Sox salt and pepper part of his salary. In order for the Sox to get anything in return a large portion of his salary will have to be eaten. Basically he is worthless.
Hopefully they'll be willing to eat half that salary. We need a fresh start.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.