White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2013, 04:00 PM
WSI's 2010 Preseason Prediction Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulwny View Post
I think, also not sure, that the insurance money the Yanks receive is if ARod is physically unable to play, injury.
The Yanks don't have to pay him during his suspension.
I get that, but there have been 110 or so games this season. I always thought that you didn't get insurance money unless the player goes the entire season without playing a game. So, if I am understanding correctly, Rodriguez would get paid for the first 110 games no matter what. If he does not play any games, insurance would pay him 80%, the Yanks would pay 20%. If he plays even one game, the Yanks would pay 100% with no insurance reimbursement.

Without doing the math, I'd guess the Yanks would save 10 million or so with the insurance.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:05 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses_Scurry View Post
I get that, but there have been 110 or so games this season. I always thought that you didn't get insurance money unless the player goes the entire season without playing a game. So, if I am understanding correctly, Rodriguez would get paid for the first 110 games no matter what. If he does not play any games, insurance would pay him 80%, the Yanks would pay 20%. If he plays even one game, the Yanks would pay 100% with no insurance reimbursement.

Without doing the math, I'd guess the Yanks would save 10 million or so with the insurance.
http://www.propertycasualty360.com/2...od-injury-saga
Old 08-05-2013, 04:13 PM
WSI High Priest

What's it going to be like for this idiot (Rodriguez) if he tries to return to the MLB in 2015? Will he try? Will someone still take him?

Old 08-05-2013, 04:23 PM
WSI Prelate

Listening to Boers and Bernstein right now and they are calling out any Sox fan a hypocrite if they boo Arod. Assuring that we had dopers on the 2005 squad. Reading between the lines on what they said, Rowand is one of them. Who else?
Old 08-05-2013, 04:24 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvora View Post
What's it going to be like for this idiot (Rodriguez) if he tries to return to the MLB in 2015? Will he try? Will someone still take him?
Well, I'm sure the isn't the end of the Yankees/A-Rod story, but as it stands now A-Rod has $61 million reasons to not retire and try to play out the last 3 years of his deal. And that's not including the $6 million he has lined up for each HR milestone that are 13, 67 and 108 HRs away.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:31 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
Listening to Boers and Bernstein right now and they are calling out any Sox fan a hypocrite if they boo Arod. Assuring that we had dopers on the 2005 squad. Reading between the lines on what they said, Rowand is one of them. Who else?
I heard that what Bernstein said

First off, we already boo Tyler Flowers, he sucks.

Second, I remember after the 2005 WS win, there was a report out that there was steroid use during that postseason and we were all worried that the Sox were involved. It turned out it was some Yankees and the Sox were clean.

Third, why don't they tell us who then?
Old 08-05-2013, 04:31 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Are you serious?
I'm glad I don't listen to those dumbasses.
If they have no proof and they were included in these wave of suspensions why even bring something like that up?
Old 08-05-2013, 04:32 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
I'm not sure how that makes someone hypocritical... Because we cheered for them when there was little in terms of a drug policy and not a single guy on the team was suspected of anything? Sure.

They'd have a better case if they said we're hypocritical for cheering Manny while he was here (after suspensions) or Canseco when he had his brief stint here. All teams had these guys and all fans cheered them on. That doesn't really make anyone a hypocrite. In fact, this A-Rod thing is completely different than a guy just testing positive, taking his suspension and being done with it. Most guys didn't completely thumb their nose at the rules/investigation during this whole thing.

Edit: Or calling us hypocrites for cheering for Quintana/Flowers now. Of course, both of those guys just took their suspensions quietly and haven't been suspected of anything since.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:35 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
I wonder if thats why Rowand was traded. I never really thought of the Whitesox as a steroid using team either. I can't see too many on the 05 team that were users. Maybe a relief pitcher? I can see how Rowand could be a user but no other hitter.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:45 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1 View Post
I wonder if thats why Rowand was traded. I never really thought of the Whitesox as a steroid using team either. I can't see too many on the 05 team that were users. Maybe a relief pitcher? I can see how Rowand could be a user but no other hitter.
Pablo Ozuna is still currently the only member of the 2005 White Sox to have any known connection to PED use; he failed a drug test while in the Phillies minor league system in 2009. Anything else is just typical, sports radio shock jock bull**** garbage.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:47 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Pablo Ozuna is still currently the only member of the 2005 White Sox to have any known connection to PED use; he failed a drug test while in the Phillies minor league system in 2009. Anything else is just typical, sports radio shock jock bull**** garbage.
And the fact that some run away with that garbage and start throwing possible names is simply sad and stupid.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:56 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Comcast SportsNet

A-Rod, Girardi press conference coming up at 5:00 on CSN. Details:
http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox-...ser-coming-csn

EDIT:
Comcast SportsNet Girardi: "I'm not here to judge people." Live stream link: http://bit.ly/1crOZiJ
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 08-05-2013, 05:10 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Soprano View Post
He's appealing and playing.
He may be available and on the bench but I would be surprised if Girardi puts him in the game. IMHO, the Yankees don't want him to sully the pinstripes any more.

SMO
Old 08-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Boers and Bernstein are just a pair of ****ing idiots. The next intelligent thing they say will be the first intelligent thing they have said that doesn't have to do with Penn State.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:19 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Ken Rosenthal

A-Rod batting cleanup for #Yankees.