White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 06:08 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox029 View Post
...in the form of $10 concession stand vouchers to all attendees to August home games.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...181202291.html
It's sad and baffling to me how little of this sort of thing the White Sox do. It's just good business sense.
Pretty soon the Sox will have to pay people to come to the games.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:02 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
We'll see, it will be an interesting couple of years for the Brewers now that their window appears to be closed both to play championship level baseball and have generally likeable players on the team.

The team is loaded with likeable players(Jean Segura, Jonathan Lucroy and Carlos Golmez just to name a few). I think the fact that reports have surfaced recently that show the players feel just as angry at braun as the fans has made them more likable(or atleast more relatable).

As for only outdrawing the White Sox "only recently", the Brewers have outdrawn the Sox 12 of the past 16 years. Considering the Brewers have a grand total of 4 winning seasons in that span(and 6 seasons of 89 or more losses), i'd say that's a pretty good indicator of what's to come. Milwaukee is a baseball town, as long as they feel the ownership is putting forth an effort to win, they will support the team.

Whenever the Sox or Brewers win, it's PARTY TIME!!!!!

Old 07-31-2013, 08:12 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComiskeyBrewer View Post

The team is loaded with likeable players(Jean Segura, Jonathan Lucroy and Carlos Golmez just to name a few). I think the fact that reports have surfaced recently that show the players feel just as angry at braun as the fans has made them more likable(or atleast more relatable).

As for only outdrawing the White Sox "only recently", the Brewers have outdrawn the Sox 12 of the past 16 years. Considering the Brewers have a grand total of 4 winning seasons in that span(and 6 seasons of 89 or more losses), i'd say that's a pretty good indicator of what's to come. Milwaukee is a baseball town, as long as they feel the ownership is putting forth an effort to win, they will support the team.
OK, obviously, I meant star players and having Roids Braun is going to be a problem. A couple of the years in which the Brewers outdrew the Sox, the two teams were basically even save for a couple hundred butts per game, which is probably a negligible difference considering the comparative costs between the two teams and the need for the average Wisconsite to buy 2 seats so they can squeeze in more comfortably (hi-yo!).

Also, finally, I really don't care that much, we're talking about National League baseball here, I'm sorry, when I want to talk about minor league baseball, I check out the Knights or the Barons. Sorry.

0-4

LAST GAME: May 31 - Padres 4, Sox 2
NEXT GAME: Sunday, August 4 - vs. Twins
Old 08-01-2013, 01:40 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
OK, obviously, I meant star players and having Roids Braun is going to be a problem. A couple of the years in which the Brewers outdrew the Sox, the two teams were basically even save for a couple hundred butts per game, which is probably a negligible difference considering the comparative costs between the two teams and the need for the average Wisconsite to buy 2 seats so they can squeeze in more comfortably (hi-yo!).
Correct, there were a few where the teams were within 2,000 of each other, which is pretty much the same. Which if you take those seasons out, the Brewers only out drew the Sox in 11 of 14 years.

Quote:
Also, finally, I really don't care that much, we're talking about National League baseball here, I'm sorry, when I want to talk about minor league baseball, I check out the Knights or the Barons. Sorry.
Let's be fair, Brewers and Sox fans have been watching minor league baseball all season long.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:26 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:

Makes sense. That explains why you only posted a few comments in this thread about the National League Brewers.