White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Fastball23 Fastball23 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 259
Default Rios turned down a deal to the Rangers

Buster Olney@Bustr_ESPN2m
This just in: Trade is off. #Rangers say Rios declines trade to Texas. Will stay with White Sox

This ****ing SUCKS!!!!

Forget the post... The poster is a fake
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-26-2013, 05:42 PM
The Immigrant The Immigrant is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Old Irving Park
Posts: 4,309
Default

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-26-2013, 06:03 PM
RCWHITESOX's Avatar
RCWHITESOX RCWHITESOX is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Placentia, California
Posts: 1,055
Icon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastball23 View Post
Buster Olney@Bustr_ESPN2m
This just in: Trade is off. #Rangers say Rios declines trade to Texas. Will stay with White Sox

This ****ing SUCKS!!!!

Forget the post... The poster is a fake
let's trade fastball23 for 2 burritos and a roll of TP. and a ticket to comedy center.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-26-2013, 06:18 PM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is online now
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 54,262
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Chicago or Dallas...



Can't see why he chose to turn that down
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-26-2013, 06:19 PM
PalehosePlanet PalehosePlanet is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lincoln Sq./North Cntr.
Posts: 4,631
Default

His six team NTC: Yankees, Diamondbacks, Rockies, Astros, Royals, and Athletics. You should have known it was bull**** right away.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-27-2013, 12:09 PM
soxfanreggie soxfanreggie is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Normal, IL/Sarasota, FL
Posts: 10,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalehosePlanet View Post
His six team NTC: Yankees, Diamondbacks, Rockies, Astros, Royals, and Athletics. You should have known it was bull**** right away.
It's interesting that he would put the Yankees on there and not the Mets. I wonder what it is about the Yankees franchise that he wouldn't want to go there. Even with $70 mil on the disabled list (A-Rod, Jeter, Tex), they're still competitive and will be this year and next.

Hopefully I get a text or catch a tweet here soon that he's on his way out and we're getting some good prospects for the future.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-27-2013, 12:20 PM
CoopaLoop CoopaLoop is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Des Plaines
Posts: 1,898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfanreggie View Post
It's interesting that he would put the Yankees on there and not the Mets. I wonder what it is about the Yankees franchise that he wouldn't want to go there. Even with $70 mil on the disabled list (A-Rod, Jeter, Tex), they're still competitive and will be this year and next.

Hopefully I get a text or catch a tweet here soon that he's on his way out and we're getting some good prospects for the future.
He couldn't get along with Toronto fans. I bet he thought he'd get eaten alive in the Bronx.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Tragg Tragg is online now
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 12,961
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Just our luck he happens to have Texas on his no trade list.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-27-2013, 02:12 PM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is online now
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 54,262
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Just our luck he happens to have Texas on his no trade list.
He doesn't
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-27-2013, 02:34 PM
Tragg Tragg is online now
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 12,961
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
He doesn't
Then how can he decline a trade? Or was that a bogus report.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-27-2013, 02:36 PM
LITTLE NELL LITTLE NELL is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sebring Florida
Posts: 7,908
Default

I just don't understand guys like Rios, all the talent in the world but I guess if he thinks the team stinks it's OK to dog it. He's right on one thing, the team stinks but when you make millions and millions a year you owe it to your team, your fans and MLB to hustle all the time.
Bottom line is wherever he winds up, I won't miss him.
__________________
Coming up to bat for our White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 07-27-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-27-2013, 02:39 PM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Then how can he decline a trade? Or was that a bogus report.
It's a fake account.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-27-2013, 03:06 PM
soltrain21 soltrain21 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orland Park
Posts: 14,240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
I just don't understand guys like Rios, all the talent in the world but I guess if he thinks the team stinks it's OK to dog it. He's right on one thing, the team stinks but when you make millions and millions a year you owe it to your team, your fans and MLB to hustle all the time.
Bottom line is wherever he winds up, I won't miss him.
Every player will dog it at some point in their career. More than likely multiple times.

This whole "players should go 100 percent all of the time, at all times" is just baffling to me. They probably don't want to be playing baseball some days just as much I wouldn't want to be at work.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-27-2013, 03:20 PM
LITTLE NELL LITTLE NELL is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sebring Florida
Posts: 7,908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soltrain21 View Post
Every player will dog it at some point in their career. More than likely multiple times.

This whole "players should go 100 percent all of the time, at all times" is just baffling to me. They probably don't want to be playing baseball some days just as much I wouldn't want to be at work.
There are many, many players who never dogged it with my all time favorite for one. Remember Charlie Hustle? When people are paying big bucks to see games these days and the money the players are making no one should dog it. Remember Fisk getting on Deion Sanders for dogging it and they were on opposing teams.
The really great players like Clemente, Mays, Mantle, Kaline, Musial and others just had too much pride to dog it.

Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 07-27-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-27-2013, 03:25 PM
Tragg Tragg is online now
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 12,961
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox View Post
It's a fake account.
Well that makes about the 1000th time I've fallen for one of those. LOL
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.