White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 10:04 PM
WSI High Priest

Default *Official* Errors, errors everywhere 7-22 Postgame thread

7 runs allowed and only two of them were earned. Pukatronic.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:48 PM
WSI Guru

I don't know what is wrong with Ramirez this season. I think his defense has always been a bit overrated by some here at WSI, but overall, he's been pretty decent with the glove during his time with the Sox. Not this year. Can't put my finger on why. Maybe it's just declining skills. I do know his errors have been costly.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 07-22-2013, 11:53 PM
WSI Guru

Also, this was Sale's fifth double-digit strikeout game of the season. He is 1-3 in those starts.

Sickening.

I still really like the starting rotation on this team. However, the position players are horrible.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:55 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
I don't know what is wrong with Ramirez this season. I think his defense has always been a bit overrated by some here at WSI, but overall, he's been pretty decent with the glove during his time with the Sox. Not this year. Can't put my finger on why. Maybe it's just declining skills. I do know his errors have been costly.
He's been way better than decent during his tenure. It's between him and Andrus for the best defensive shortstops over the last few years and its really not close. I'm not sure what's wrong with him, but I don't think it's a related to skills. His range is still outstanding and he's stealing more bases. He's fine physically. Maybe there's something distracting him or maybe he's just having a bad year. It happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 07-23-2013, 12:14 AM
WSI Personality

I'm not sure if it was more embarrassing to watch this team make errors or to watch it in our park that was at least 60 percent full of Tigers fans. This was the first game that I have been to this year, and while I realize that this team is awful, having your ball park overrun by your opponent is an embarrassment. Heads should roll for the state that this team is in and what it has done to its fan base.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post

Perhaps its because he's been in just about every game. If a guy plays too much, perhaps he erodes a bit as the season wears on.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:38 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy_patters View Post
I'm not sure if it was more embarrassing to watch this team make errors or to watch it in our park that was at least 60 percent full of Tigers fans. This was the first game that I have been to this year, and while I realize that this team is awful, having your ball park overrun by your opponent is an embarrassment. Heads should roll for the state that this team is in and what it has done to its fan base.
I get that it was a tough game to be in attendance at. (I was there too) However, keep in mind that half of Detroit lives in the Chicago area now. When the Tigers visited Wrigley last season, the ballpark was easily 75% Tigers fans. These people aren't driving to Chicago ballparks from Detroit. They are driving from Lincoln Park, Rogers Park, etc. Also, the Sox have had much better crowds this season than they deserve. We are on pace for 1.8 million fans for a tremendously dreadful team to watch.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 07-23-2013, 10:43 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
I get that it was a tough game to be in attendance at. (I was there too) However, keep in mind that half of Detroit lives in the Chicago area now. When the Tigers visited Wrigley last season, the ballpark was easily 75% Tigers fans. These people aren't driving to Chicago ballparks from Detroit. They are driving from Lincoln Park, Rogers Park, etc. Also, the Sox have had much better crowds this season than they deserve. We are on pace for 1.8 million fans for a tremendously dreadful team to watch.
Yeah, bingo. So many Midwest transplants in Chicago now, there's at least 2-3 other teams that routinely pack Wrigley now with their own fans, I was at the Cubs/Cardinals game last Friday and ****, it was probably 80% Cardinal fans. And not just the park, even the Addison bus to Wrigley was pretty full of people in Cardinals gear. The Reds and Brewers take over Wrigleyville almost every series now, too.

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know
Old 07-23-2013, 10:56 AM
WSI Church Elder

Nearly 3/4's of my friends from school are from Michigan. There just isn't any work there.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:17 AM
WSI Regular

I was at the game also Alexi was Terrible but keppinger is a complete hack out there our team is lifeless just waiting to get traded I feel sorry for Ventura fans he is in way over his head we need a manager not a fan favorite we will never go far with him team is way under disciplined I will not go back until we field a team that tries
Old 07-23-2013, 11:22 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Yeah, bingo. So many Midwest transplants in Chicago now, there's at least 2-3 other teams that routinely pack Wrigley now with their own fans, I was at the Cubs/Cardinals game last Friday and ****, it was probably 80% Cardinal fans. And not just the park, even the Addison bus to Wrigley was pretty full of people in Cardinals gear. The Reds and Brewers take over Wrigleyville almost every series now, too.
Not being a Chicago area resident, how does that happen?? The Cubs must have 30,000?? season ticket holders. How do 80% of opponent fans get their hands on tickets????
Old 07-23-2013, 11:55 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
Not being a Chicago area resident, how does that happen?? The Cubs must have 30,000?? season ticket holders. How do 80% of opponent fans get their hands on tickets????
Stubhub and other internet sites. It's made transferring tickets extremely easy, no more standing outside the gate for 3 hours every gameday, you just plop all the games in you can't make into a computer and wait for someone who wants to go to buy them from you.

And that said, the Cubs have an extremely large season ticket base, but A LOT of them are not blue collar fans, they're mainly ticket brokers who buy numerous ticket packages at various parts of the park with the only intent to sell them on the open market for as much as possible. I know a guy who has numerous season ticket plans with the Sox and Cubs whose only goal is to sell as many of those tickets as possible. That's just what he does.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:15 PM
WSI High Priest

Defense has killed this team this year,along with the offense.

Pitching has been the lone bright spot.

But, I still think the Sox are in the position that they cannot afford to go totally scorched earth.

They have the pitching to be contenders.
They need to trade position players and whoever,but try to rebuild on the fly so Sox are back contending in 2015.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:21 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
Also, the Sox have had much better crowds this season than they deserve. We are on pace for 1.8 million fans for a tremendously dreadful team to watch.
That is really baffling me. Yes they some what lowered ticket prices and parking but what a crappy team compared to last year.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:23 PM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
That is really baffling me. Yes they some what lowered ticket prices and parking but what a crappy team compared to last year.

Sundays have been pretty full, and there's not as many weekday games? That may make a small dent.