White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2013, 02:38 PM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

Default Vendors

I was at the DH yesterday (well I left halfway through game 2), but I got to the park at about 3:30 and noticed there was nobody selling anything in the seating area. NO vendors until 6 pm. AND the permanent stands in LF were closed as well. For some reason that really pissed me off. People are going to show up for this tripe have a ****in vender available for them. What a lazy organization. I realize it's a long day for everyone but that was asinine IMO.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:44 PM
WSI Personality

I noticed that also. Not 1st class, they didn't need the full crew but could have staggered the shifts.

Scoreboard operation as far as balls and strikes was very poor also. 2-1 count showing 0-1. Do they have a 3rd grader working it? Pay attention and keep it up to date.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:05 PM
WSI Personality

Seemed like they had their "B" staff out there until the 2nd game.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:36 PM
WSI Regular

The beer vendor at a permanent stand behind home plate in the upper deck was complaining about the "stupid" promotion letting in people wearing Blackhawk's gear at a special rate. He went on to tell his buddy how he even might make a little more money.

Really? Stupid? In front of me wearing a Blackhawk's hat? That shouldn't even have meant anything but it did and I'm glad my kids weren't with me to hear him talking.

Ignorant and inexcusable.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:24 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanger View Post
The beer vendor at a permanent stand behind home plate in the upper deck was complaining about the "stupid" promotion letting in people wearing Blackhawk's gear at a special rate. He went on to tell his buddy how he even might make a little more money.

Really? Stupid? In front of me wearing a Blackhawk's hat? That shouldn't even have meant anything but it did and I'm glad my kids weren't with me to hear him talking.

Ignorant and inexcusable.
I priced out the DH using a code a couple days ago, and it ended up being slightly less than that promotion anyway.

Also, if it let in more people so he could make more money selling beer, why would it be stupid?
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:27 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
Seemed like they had their "B" staff out there until the 2nd game.
There's an "A" staff?
Old 06-29-2013, 04:54 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
There's an "A" staff?
Laughed out loud- well said-
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 06-29-2013, 05:04 PM
WSI Prelate

It didn't bother me because I go to the concourse and buy polishes instead of the steamed hot dogs from the venders, and I almost never buy beer at the games anyway, but I definitely noticed the lack/lack of activity of the venders yesterday.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:31 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
There's an "A" staff?
I suppose I should have said "D" staff! You're right.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:25 PM
WSI Church Elder

I'm glad others noticed this as well. I was given tickets in the Club Level for the DH yesterday (as opposed to my normal season ticket location in Section 158). In the middle of the game, I looked out at the park and not one green shirted vendor in the stadium. It wasn't until 6:10pm until I saw my first green shirted vendor walking the concourse.

In between games I went down to my normal seats and chatted with the beer vendor who regularly works in my section. He said they were told to treat it as a normal 7:10pm game and basically no need to show up for the first game because they weren't expecting anyone to show up for the first game. It's one thing to say that on a regular true DH but when you specifically market the DH as an offer for Blackhawks fans who just finished attending the parade/rally and then don't bother having any of the vendors show up until the second game?

Yet another example of the joke known as White Sox management.

Speaking of the Club Level, they did not even have wait staff working the seats at the start of the first game. When they finally showed up in the 3rd inning, they began taking orders --- only to later tell patrons that they could only take drink orders because the kitchen wasn't ready yet.

Kudos White Sox!!

2014 Attendance Record: 15-11
2013 Attendance Record: 11-22
2012 Attendance Record: 29-22
2011 Attendance Record: 15-19
2010 Attendance Record: 18-10
2009 Attendance Record: 5-9
2008 Attendance Record: 21-10
2007 Attendance Record: 6-14
2006 Attendance Record: 20-9

https://twitter.com/KJKobs
Old 06-29-2013, 08:33 PM
WSI Church Elder

Well today I sat in the Club level and on my way to my seats I noticed they were selling a good looking gyro plate at the Deli table near Section 318. After the 3rd inning I wandered down to get one only to find my man in the chef's hat packing up for the day....Again did I mention the 4th inning hadn't started yet?

Losing is contagious and it has infected operations off the field.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:20 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
I'm glad others noticed this as well. I was given tickets in the Club Level for the DH yesterday (as opposed to my normal season ticket location in Section 158). In the middle of the game, I looked out at the park and not one green shirted vendor in the stadium. It wasn't until 6:10pm until I saw my first green shirted vendor walking the concourse.

In between games I went down to my normal seats and chatted with the beer vendor who regularly works in my section. He said they were told to treat it as a normal 7:10pm game and basically no need to show up for the first game because they weren't expecting anyone to show up for the first game. It's one thing to say that on a regular true DH but when you specifically market the DH as an offer for Blackhawks fans who just finished attending the parade/rally and then don't bother having any of the vendors show up until the second game?

Yet another example of the joke known as White Sox management.

Speaking of the Club Level, they did not even have wait staff working the seats at the start of the first game. When they finally showed up in the 3rd inning, they began taking orders --- only to later tell patrons that they could only take drink orders because the kitchen wasn't ready yet.

Kudos White Sox!!
That's pitiful, the Sox marketed the first game heavily to people who were wearing Blackhawks gear and then the Sox do nothing to accomdate them. That's not a good way to try and build repeat customers.

Go Sox!!!
Old 06-29-2013, 09:26 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
That's pitiful, the Sox marketed the first game heavily to people who were wearing Blackhawks gear and then the Sox do nothing to accomdate them. That's not a good way to try and build repeat customers.
Exactly - and they wonder why people don't come out to the ballpark.

Today's adventures in pissing off your fans included suddenly changing the in/our policy so all the fans who wanted to get in early to get the Billy Pierce statue, then return to their cars were told they couldn't do that - after they had already scanned their tickets.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:19 AM
WSI Personality

I ordered a buffalo chicken sandwich from the Fan Deck outlet yesterday. (It tasted nothing like buffalo chicken, but that's beside the point.) They normally sell this and other sandwiches as "value baskets," but there's a note at the bottom of the menu that reads, "all items can be purchased a la carte." Because this is the White Sox, you know where this is headed: I proceeded to be told by the cashier (and her manager!) that they don't actually sell the sandwiches a la carte, that the menu is wrong, etc. Three minutes of arguing later--it was the principle, at that point-- they finally begrudgingly "made an exception" for me.

All of which is to say: I hate this organization.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:02 AM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Reading this thread is giving me flashbacks to JR's first season owning the team. When Veeck owned the team (his four years coincided with my four years of high school, so I guess I was spoiled), it was fun and baseball at the park. When JR took over, it was baseball and behave yourself at the ballpark.

All hail The Rick