White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2013, 12:28 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Valentin- at least you knew what you were getting with Manos, and the dude played the game the right way. His mistakes were generally physical, not mental. His big game winning hits made up for the times he threw the ball 18 feet over Konerko's head at first. I'd take a guy like Manos back in a second.
Manos always had a way of cleaning the slate at the dish when he had the ocasional 'OOPsie" in the field... What I'd give to have one of his duck clearing blasts these days...

BK59
Old 06-29-2013, 12:38 PM
WSI High Priest

Waking up to that loss, after the train wreck of the first game, was the nail in the coffin - I just laughed. I must be in the Acceptance phase.

If the Sox acquire some interesting players, or show signs of playing baseball like a major league team again, maybe I'll pay attention again. And I definitely won't be spending any money on game tickets.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:30 PM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

I stayed until they were down 4-1 in the 2nd game. Looks like I didn't miss much. I'm not even using my ticket for today; I'll regroup and hit the sunday game tomorrow. Honestly, if Sox games weren't the only place I see a few of my friends, I'd be done for this season. Also, I know it was a long day for everyone, but nice touch not having the venders walk the aisles until 6 pm AND having some of the outfield stands closed. What a low-brow organization.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:29 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
Why is blowing it up going to end the misery? They will still suck, maybe even worse.
Get a prospect or two in return, give the kid a chance to prove himself.
It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. - A. Bartlett Giamatti
Old 06-29-2013, 02:47 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnut1018 View Post
I was there for all 9 hours of this crap fest. I really need to reevaluate my life decisions.
I agree. The Blackhawks Parade/Rally and Rush show (which included a visit by Lord Stanley's Cup) would have been a much better choice.

I really despise Nick Swisher. I never liked him when he was with the SOX probably due to his father's history with the Cubs. Plus, he always carried himself as a superstar with his .250 career average while taking fastballs down the middle of the plate.

He gets a ring as a stop-gap solution for the Yankees and then scrores a huge deal with the Indians where his .234 average is proving money well spent.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
Why is blowing it up going to end the misery? They will still suck, maybe even worse.
Because blowing it up would mark a new beginning as opposed to further descent along the downward spiral. What's more depressing, a dementia riddled old man babbling incoherently or a baby babbling incoherently?