White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 03:46 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastball23 View Post
http://ht.ly/1Ydndo

Trade chatter is gaining more volume every day. The Giants haven't had much in the way of discussions with the White Sox yet, from what I understand.
But let's just say there's interest in Jake Peavy. And from what I understand, it could be mutual. If he's healthy, and he's expected back from his broken rib in another 2-3 weeks, there simply isn't any better fit for the Giants.
Maybe we can get a bidding war started between the Giants and Dodgers.

And the Yankees and Red Sox. And the Angels, Athletics and Rangers. And the Pirates and Cardinals.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:14 PM
WSI Church Elder

If we could dump Keppinger that would be awesome. He's one of the most selfish players I've seen wear a White Sox uniform with his desire to be known as someone who doesn't strikeout trumping a more productive offensive approach. Plus he's not a good fielder and doesn't have energy.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:57 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
Maybe we can get a bidding war started between the Giants and Dodgers.

And the Yankees and Red Sox. And the Angels, Athletics and Rangers. And the Pirates and Cardinals.
It's hard to imagine we'd get full value for him until he's had a couple of starts. With our limited assets, we need all the value we can get.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:07 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
It's hard to imagine we'd get full value for him until he's had a couple of starts. With our limited assets, we need all the value we can get.
I don't know how true that is. We picked him up on the DL. Now you can debate the ridiculousness that was the Kenny Williams era, but I have to believe that someone would throw together a big package for a former cy young winner who after coming off an injury put together a dominating season last year.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:34 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Yes, of course, he needs to prove that he is healthy.

If/when he's healthy, Hahn should auction off Peavy to the highest bidder.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:12 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
Yes, of course, he needs to prove that he is healthy.

If/when he's healthy, Hahn should auction off Peavy to the highest bidder.
He should be able to as long as top management doesn't order salary dumping. that, obviously, would ensure weak returns for Rios and about everyone else.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:49 AM
WSI Personality

Agree

I think the Sox should not trade Peavy. I would like to see the Sox have Sale and Peavy at the top of the rotation next year. Everyone else is fair game. Pitching is the hardest thing to replace and Peavy is one tough competitor and still a fairly young one.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:39 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWHITESOX View Post
I think the Sox should not trade Peavy. I would like to see the Sox have Sale and Peavy at the top of the rotation next year. Everyone else is fair game. Pitching is the hardest thing to replace and Peavy is one tough competitor and still a fairly young one.
Hate to break it to you, but next year is a wash, too. The next few years probably are.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:09 AM
WSI Regular

How many Sox players will actually be traded in the next 4 weeks?
I hope its a least 8 players
Peavy
Crain
Rios
Thornton
Reed
Danks
Alexei
Konerko

Last edited by Fastball23; 06-30-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:52 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Peavy
Crain
Rios
Thornton
Reed
Danks
Alexei
Konerko
I can't see anyone giving up much for Danks with how big his contract is and how he's not showing what he used to be. Konerko is out with a back injury, Nd he's an expiring deal. There's not much return there, and I doubt JR trades him. Crain and Thornton will be first to go, and I hope followed by Rios and then Jake if he shows he can throw a decent start or two.

I think Sox fans would volunteer to move Dunn to a new location if someone would take him. How much salary are we willing to eat for him?

Reed could get a decent return, and he might be your blue chip here because he has none of the three: injury, expiring contract, albatross contract.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:53 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Peavy
Crain
Rios
Thornton
Reed
Danks
Alexei
Konerko
I hope it's at least 20.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:54 AM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Default Pirates looking at Rios

Ken Rosenthal
Full Count video from yesterday: All trade talk, all the time. http://msn.foxsports.com/video/MLB?vid=035d5e7e-8f3d-4106-905d-d860f4161446
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 06-30-2013, 09:59 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfanreggie View Post
I can't see anyone giving up much for Danks with how big his contract is and how he's not showing what he used to be. Konerko is out with a back injury, Nd he's an expiring deal. There's not much return there, and I doubt JR trades him. Crain and Thornton will be first to go, and I hope followed by Rios and then Jake if he shows he can throw a decent start or two.

Reed could get a decent return, and he might be your blue chip here because he has none of the three: injury, expiring contract, albatross contract.
Konerko's not going to get traded when the Hahn says everyone but Sale and Konerko is available, it probably means that Paul's not going to waive his 10/5 rights. I have a pretty strong feeling that this is his last season and he wants to retire as a member of the White Sox.

Danks is worth holding on to because he's not likely to fetch any return that has any more potential future value than he does, his peripherals so far have been pretty good other than the dramatic increase in HR allowed which is probably just the calling card of a guy who is rebuilding his arm after surgery.

I think there's a chance people expecting the Sox to just gut the team for the sake of gutting it may be in for a bad surprise, the Sox are in the driver's seat with most of their more tradeable players; Peavy, Rios, and Alexei all have deals that go through the 2014 year, and the Sox don't exactly have a plethora of young kids in AA and AAA knocking on the door of the Majors, there's no point in trading veterans for the sake of trading them.

0-4

LAST GAME: May 31 - Padres 4, Sox 2
NEXT GAME: Maybe never? Apparently I am bad luck
Old 06-30-2013, 11:39 AM
WSI High Priest

Rios to Pittsburgh makes a ton of sense, but the tricky part is for the Pirates to be able to afford him. If Rios gets traded this season, I would like to see him go to the Pirates. It would be nice to get our hands on one of those early picks, namely Austin Meadows or Reese McGuire.
http://www.piratesprospects.com/2013...rrit-cole.html
Old 06-30-2013, 11:43 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxSpeed22 View Post
Rios to Pittsburgh makes a ton of sense, but the tricky part is for the Pirates to be able to afford him. If Rios gets traded this season, I would like to see him go to the Pirates. It would be nice to get our hands on one of those early picks, namely Austin Meadows or Reese McGuire.
http://www.piratesprospects.com/2013...rrit-cole.html
Can't trade June picks for another year....unless they changed that rule, which I don't think they did.

Look up Gregory Polanco and Alen Hanson.
Closed Thread