White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #166  
Old 07-13-2013, 09:09 AM
#1swisher #1swisher is offline
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 60610
Posts: 16,609
Default

Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox 10h

Hahn on other trades: "We remain active on a number of fronts, & we're going to keep talking and see where it leads over the coming weeks."
__________________
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
  #167  
Old 07-16-2013, 08:42 AM
Fastball23 Fastball23 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 259
Default

Colorado Rockies@DPRockies39m
Jesse Crain being shopped by White Sox, could return to Colorado http://dpo.st/148SiI0

MLB Injury News@MLBInjuryNews14h
Yankees Rumors: Alex Rios to New York?: The Yankees, who are a team that is battling injuries, appear to ... http://bit.ly/1bi21yK #MLB

Cliff Lippert@Cliffy464051h
Ken Rosenthal just speculated that another name pitcher BIGGER than Garza might get moved. Just said this on WEEI. Floated Chris Sale name

Last edited by Fastball23; 07-16-2013 at 09:19 AM.
  #168  
Old 07-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Fastball23 Fastball23 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 259
Default

Detroit Tigers rumors: Jesse Crain a fit if White Sox are willing http://www.snsanalytics.com/rtpfy6


Alex Rios to the Phillies?? Deadline trade targets: White Sox outfielders http://www.csnphilly.com/baseball-philadelphia-phillies/deadline-trade-targets-white-sox-outfielders …

Last edited by Fastball23; 07-16-2013 at 09:27 AM.
  #169  
Old 07-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Fastball23 Fastball23 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 259
Default

Buster Olney@Buster_ESPN34s
Today's podcast. http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9481958 Lots of trade talk: Rangers, White Sox, Cubs, Garza, Rios; Derby; lots of All-Star voices.
  #170  
Old 07-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Chez's Avatar
Chez Chez is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Clarendon Hills
Posts: 4,591
Default

I listened to the Buster Olney podcast. He had Mark Gonzales from the Tribune on. Lots of interest in Crain (Boston, Texas) & Peavy (AZ, SF) & Rios (Pitt & Texas). Zero interest among other teams in Ramirez. Gonzo also mentioned the need to slash payroll before the start of the 2014 season because, due to the relative strength of other teams in the A.L. Central, the Sox won't be contending during their rebuild. Olney speculated that JR may be considering selling the team sooner rather than later. Gonzo didn't think so.

Bruce Levine was on before Gonzo analyzing the Cubs and you would think everyone in baseball should be interested in Kevin Gregg and Nate Scheirholtz.
  #171  
Old 07-16-2013, 04:55 PM
blandman blandman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastball23 View Post
Detroit Tigers rumors: Jesse Crain a fit if White Sox are willing http://www.snsanalytics.com/rtpfy6


Alex Rios to the Phillies?? Deadline trade targets: White Sox outfielders http://www.csnphilly.com/baseball-philadelphia-phillies/deadline-trade-targets-white-sox-outfielders
I don't think the Phillies have good enough prospects.
  #172  
Old 07-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Marqhead's Avatar
Marqhead Marqhead is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the Shadow of the Sears Tower
Posts: 8,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
I don't think the Phillies have good enough prospects.
Domonic Brown.
__________________


Big Frank in the Hall? "No doubt about it."

2009 WSI Roto 1 Keeper League Champ
2009 WSI H2H 1 Keeper League Runner-up (Reg. Season Champ)
2010 WSI H2H 1 Keeper League Champ
2010 WSI H2H 2 Keeper League Champ
2011 WSI H2H 1 Keeper League Runner-up
2012 WSI Roto 2 Keeper League Runner-up
  #173  
Old 07-16-2013, 05:09 PM
Tragg Tragg is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 12,930
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
I don't think the Phillies have good enough prospects.
Realistically, what kind of prospects do you think Rios nets? I'd think 2 Bs...maybe a B and a B+
The Rangers could use him, particularly if Nellie Cruz is suspended. They'd probably offer Olt...not sure about that.
  #174  
Old 07-16-2013, 06:26 PM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
I don't think the Phillies have good enough prospects.
Mikail Franco & Jesse Biddle are both fine prospects. The Sox would love either of them.
  #175  
Old 07-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Tragg Tragg is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 12,930
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post

Bruce Levine was on before Gonzo analyzing the Cubs and you would think everyone in baseball should be interested in Kevin Gregg and Nate Scheirholtz.
Good lord.
Gregg? You can get MacDougal for free.
  #176  
Old 07-16-2013, 08:02 PM
DSpivack DSpivack is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Evanston
Posts: 28,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox View Post
Mikail Franco & Jesse Biddle are both fine prospects. The Sox would love either of them.
The better question might be why are the Phillies buyers?
__________________
Attendance records:
09 : 3-2.
10 : 2-3.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
  #177  
Old 07-16-2013, 08:07 PM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
The better question might be why are the Phillies buyers?
I'm not sure they are, but they certainly have some worthy prospect currency.
  #178  
Old 07-16-2013, 10:39 PM
TheVulture TheVulture is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
The better question might be why are the Phillies buyers?
Maybe because there is only two teams standing between them and a wildcard slot?
__________________
A bad idea is better than no idea at all- Hawk
  #179  
Old 07-16-2013, 10:53 PM
DSpivack DSpivack is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Evanston
Posts: 28,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
Maybe because there is only two teams standing between them and a wildcard slot?
There are a number of teams floating around .500. The Phillies are one of the oldest teams in baseball and desperately need some more young talent.
  #180  
Old 07-17-2013, 04:34 AM
soxfanreggie soxfanreggie is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Normal, IL/Sarasota, FL
Posts: 10,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastball23 View Post
Colorado Rockies@DPRockies39m
Jesse Crain being shopped by White Sox, could return to Colorado http://dpo.st/148SiI0

MLB Injury News@MLBInjuryNews14h
Yankees Rumors: Alex Rios to New York?: The Yankees, who are a team that is battling injuries, appear to ... http://bit.ly/1bi21yK #MLB

Cliff Lippert@Cliffy464051h
Ken Rosenthal just speculated that another name pitcher BIGGER than Garza might get moved. Just said this on WEEI. Floated Chris Sale name
Good with Rios and Crain. It would be interesting to see what the packages being floated for Sale are.
__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.