White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the Sporting News ROTY award, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 10:25 PM
WSI Personality

What in the hell does Hahn need to"see" and "be patient with?"

Why are they not taking advantage of the fact that they can start rebuilding NOW?
Old 06-14-2013, 10:27 PM
WSI Personality

Last year, weren't we saying that under Robin, there would be emphasis on fundamentals and hard work? Maybe that was just my perception at the time, but it sure hasn't come to pass.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:30 PM
WSI Church Elder

It's time to organize a search party for Rick Hahn.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:35 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post

Why are they not taking advantage of the fact that they can start rebuilding NOW?
Because you listen, take offers, wait for buyers to distinguish themselves, and weigh your options. Players are going to be dealt. Patience. It's quite unfortunate Peavy hurt himself though. He would have fetched a nice return.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:39 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox View Post
Because you listen, take offers, wait for buyers to distinguish themselves, and weigh your options. Players are going to be dealt. Patience. It's quite unfortunate Peavy hurt himself though. He would have fetched a nice return.
He's the only one. Rios and the relievers will fetch some B prospects. Maybe De Aza if he heats up. Some other starters would too, but I doubt we deal them. They'll give Alexei to someone if we have someone in the system who can possibly play SS.

And don't get declining, marginal AAA prospects like we've done recently. Take the A and AA players with more talent.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:42 PM
WSI Guru

I thought it was hilarious when Hawk started whining that the first Alexei error should have been a hit, but after the 2nd error the whining was that TWO unearned runs had scored on Sale and at the end of the game "nothing even close to an earned run scored."

If the scorer had changed the first error to a hit, then only one unearned run would have scored while the first run would have been earned.

Who ya crappin, Hawk?!???!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:43 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisk4ever View Post
Last year, weren't we saying that under Robin, there would be emphasis on fundamentals and hard work? Maybe that was just my perception at the time, but it sure hasn't come to pass.
I would have to think he has done about all the preaching and practicing of fundamentals time allows. We don't really know what goes on behind closed doors either but I would bet even Robin has laid the hammer down on certain players on this team. The fact is they are just a big collection of washed up's and never will be's . The complete and utter failure to develop any kind of positional talent has come to roost. Not to get all sabermetric and all but I think it's clear now this team was lucky last year and has regressed to the mean this year. The Sox we saw choke the division away last year was the real Sox. Lot's of the same players.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:51 PM
WSI Prelate

I think it's time to free Brent Morel. He would look good on this team.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:02 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox View Post

That's part of the angst I feel. We don't have much that is attractive and I'd hate to see any other injuries pop up to detract value and limit our options even more.

Floyd and Peavy have already been damaged. Alexei is hurting his value everytime a ground ball is hit his way. And btw what happened to his power swing? Didn't he have like 4 grand slams or something his rookie year? He's lucky to hit it out of the infield.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:04 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
I thought it was hilarious when Hawk started whining that the first Alexei error should have been a hit, but after the 2nd error the whining was that TWO unearned runs had scored on Sale and at the end of the game "nothing even close to an earned run scored."

If the scorer had changed the first error to a hit, then only one unearned run would have scored while the first run would have been earned.

Who ya crappin, Hawk?!???!
Hawk is desperate and has been for a long time. Otherwise he has to whine about something. He is bad as the rest of the team.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:35 PM
WSI High Priest

Not exactly the Bedard of old, but he had a good game plan against the Sox. The fastball was only about 88, but he worked inside to our hitters between the fastball and lollipop curve. We had our usual chances but stink on offense.

Too bad for Sale who deserved a lot better.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:42 PM
WSI High Priest

There is a certain relief to this mess-it's seeing the game through nothing but a scoreboard at PNC Park.

I sincerely hope that this Sox team is blown up soon. I have hated everything about it since 2009. It is a stale, lethargic, moribund product.
If the team continues to do what it is so adept at (losing), restructuring HAS to take place. Heads have to roll.

We can only hope and wait.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:44 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post

He doesn't want to destroy attendance yet.

Tonight was about as bad as it gets. Offense a non factor, defense remains terrible.

Robin still sits there and says "we'll work on it..."

I agree time to blow it up, Hahn shouldn't need to 'see' anything more. This team couldn't contend if the other teams in the division forfeited.

Lip
Old 06-14-2013, 11:49 PM
WSI Personality

At this rate Chris Sale will be collecting his first Cy Young after a sterling season in which he went 9-14.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:08 AM
WSI High Priest

Alexei has been having a major brain cramp this entire season. Maybe a change of scenery might help him, preferably to a group of guys who won't put up with those mistakes. The problem is who do you get to replace him with? The big problem here is that trading these guys might sound good, but there would be nothing else to work with.