White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 10:03 AM
WSI Personality

Solid performance last night against a team that was coming in hot and add one of their aces going. Opposite field hitting was a thing of beauty. Kippinger and Greene had a few good at bats and Viciedo had a very good night at the plate. Great double play turn by Alexei on the future Cub, Ellsbury. Axelrod was solid but the Sox almost gave it away on the Middlebrooks shot in the ninth. Get another one tonight, boys.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:18 PM
WSI High Priest

Tank is like a changed hitter after returning from the DL....that 9 pitch at bat where he ended up going up the middle to drive in the huge 6th run was a classic.
Then he takes another walk later. Tank is turning the corner,and could be a huge factor in a Sox resurgence.

Dunn...all good, that was a huge rally in the 1st,with two out.
The sound of that homer,the crack of the bat, was distinctive...love that sound when it comes from a Sox hitter.

Axe is a tough cookie. Not bad for a 5th/6th starter. He makes the decision easy, Hector to the pen when Danks returns.

Thornton is done, I think. He has been for a season or two...just hanging on now.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:48 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjt View Post
Tank is like a changed hitter after returning from the DL....that 9 pitch at bat where he ended up going up the middle to drive in the huge 6th run was a classic.
Then he takes another walk later. Tank is turning the corner,and could be a huge factor in a Sox resurgence.
Since returning from the DL, he's hit .400/.500/.600. Fueled mostly by a .400 BAbip, which is insustainably high, but the big numbers: 8 walks & 5 strikeouts in 46 PA over 11 gamess. Incredible.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:58 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Since returning from the DL, he's hit .400/.500/.600. Fueled mostly by a .400 BAbip, which is insustainably high, but the big numbers: 8 walks & 5 strikeouts in 46 PA over 11 gamess. Incredible.
The turnaround for him and for Dunn is truly amazing- if PK gets back on track- that's a nice middle of the order- TCM-Rios-Dunn-PK-Dayan
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 05-21-2013, 02:14 PM
WSI Church Elder

There is no guarantee that Viciedo can keep his recent hitting surge going but there are some very good signs. This is why you shouldn't write off a young player with hints of real talent just because he hasn't figured it out in his second year in the majors.

I wonder what happened while he was injured? Maybe he's not swinging so hard? That doesn't explain how Tank learned how to take a pitch, though.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:32 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
He was also 7-14 his last 3+ games before going on the DL. And, yeah, I agree the walks are the key stat.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:18 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
why
Much better ticket sales. Weekend games sell better than weekday games but weekend games against so called premium teams and division rivals sell better than most other games especially during warmer months/when school is out.

My guess is they adjusted the schedule for the Sox to play the Marlins on a weekend when Ozzie and MB were still on that team.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:21 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiffleBall View Post
Much better ticket sales. Weekend games sell better than weekday games but weekend games against so called premium teams and division rivals sell better than most other games especially during warmer months/when school is out.

My guess is they adjusted the schedule for the Sox to play the Marlins on a weekend when Ozzie and MB were still on that team.
The Yankees, Red Sox, and Tigers sell pretty well regardless of what night they fall on, I don't think it helps the Sox attendance-wise at all to have more popular opponents coincide with already popular days for games.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:11 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
The Yankees, Red Sox, and Tigers sell pretty well regardless of what night they fall on, I don't think it helps the Sox attendance-wise at all to have more popular opponents coincide with already popular days for games.
I think those days are over. 21,800 against the Red Sox is pretty poor. I guess we'll wait and see what happens tonight.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:06 PM
WSI Church Elder

It is always nice when your fifth starter can beat their ace.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:10 PM
WSI Regular

Is it just me or does this message board swing from game to game..One min everyone thinks we are the worst team ever next maybe we are not so bad. Lol gotta love it GO Sox
Old 05-21-2013, 07:13 PM
WSI Irregular

I'm considering suing WSI for the whiplash I have endured this year.