White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 08:43 PM
WSI Guru

Peavy had eight walks in 45.2 innings coming into today. In this game, he walked five in six innings. Just a rare bad day for Jake. For the most part, he beat himself.

The Sox weathered this stretch of 15 of 18 games on the road with a 9-9 record. Not too shabby. The injured guys who are going to come back will be back soon.

We'll see if they can get hot in June and at least make it a little interesting.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 05-19-2013, 09:12 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
Brooks and the front office should take a snap shot of the non existing buzz for this team.

5 posts after a loss.

The sox are no longer relevant.
That's a bit of a false equivalence. Message board traffic, in general, is way down among all sites. With the onset of new forms of social media, they're just antiquated. Also, the general attitude of posters here is completely different than it was years ago. The site is much more negative and generally, just not a whole lot of fun to read anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 05-19-2013, 09:13 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Peavy had eight walks in 45.2 innings coming into today. In this game, he walked five in six innings. Just a rare bad day for Jake. For the most part, he beat himself.

The Sox weathered this stretch of 15 of 18 games on the road with a 9-9 record. Not too shabby. The injured guys who are going to come back will be back soon.

We'll see if they can get hot in June and at least make it a little interesting.
Peavy didn't even look like he was having problems with command. He genuinely looked scared to challenge any hitters today. He rarely threw his fastball. He was nibbling all day. I'm not sure what was wrong with him, but I've never seen him pitch that way.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:26 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
Peavy didn't even look like he was having problems with command. He genuinely looked scared to challenge any hitters today. He rarely threw his fastball. He was nibbling all day. I'm not sure what was wrong with him, but I've never seen him pitch that way.
Ehh ... I don't buy it. I just think he had a bad game. None of his pitches were working. It happens.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
Brooks and the front office should take a snap shot of the non existing buzz for this team.

5 posts after a loss.

The sox are no longer relevant.
Brooks has nothing to do with the product on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstrike2000 View Post
It's pretty much been like that since last summer. Even with spending all those days in first place, this club and front office didn't exactly scream excitement before the offense died in September. I'm not sure if some of it is apathy from '11 that kind of carried over in conjunction with their play this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Love:

Again I quote Kittle from yesterday (which made me laugh when I read it but upon reflection is very sad) "White Sox Baseball 2013: Even the die-hards don't care anymore..."

Lip
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
If the die-hards don't care, can they really be called die-hards?
Maybe the paucity of posts is due to the fact that the weather today in Chicago is real nice, it is a Sunday and there really isn't anything to say that hasn't been said already.

All hail The Rick
Old 05-19-2013, 09:38 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
If the die-hards don't care, can they really be called die-hards?
I would care if we had a core of exciting young players. But besides Sale, there's nobody exciting.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:03 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
Maybe the paucity of posts is due to the fact that the weather today in Chicago is real nice, it is a Sunday and there really isn't anything to say that hasn't been said already.
My question was rhetorical and as such, didn't mandate a response. In any event, I wasn't speaking only of today's events. People seem to have given up on this altogether, which goes far deeper than the events of a single game.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:29 PM
WSI Guru

Gonzo had this is the post game story, didn't know this:

"This marked the Sox's American League-leading seventh loss in which the pitching staff allowed six hits or fewer."

Lip
Old 05-19-2013, 10:31 PM
WSI High Priest

Its really sos different day stuff. They have a month to turn it around. If they turn it around before they start playing detroit something might happen, if not its bad business for a very long time.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:40 PM
WSI Regular

It's a marathon not a sprint guys...we are pretty much at the same point we were last year...Pitching can stay the same the offense will come around iam sure....let's not forget its been pretty dang cold for must of r home games...Nobody wants to hit when it's freezing...believe in the boys we will get it turned around..
Old 05-19-2013, 10:46 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winningugly23 View Post
It's a marathon not a sprint guys...we are pretty much at the same point we were last year...Pitching can stay the same the offense will come around iam sure....let's not forget its been pretty dang cold for must of r home games...Nobody wants to hit when it's freezing...believe in the boys we will get it turned around..
Winning:

What you say is true of course but its also been cold say in Cleveland, in New York, in Boston. They haven't had a problem with hitting in cold weather have they? (as evidenced by their record...)

Not saying you're wrong, just saying that I think the "excuses" for this team over the past decade are getting thin.

Lip
Old 05-19-2013, 10:52 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winningugly23 View Post
Since the Sox home games are not intra-squad games they are playing another team that are playing under the same conditions as the Sox.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:57 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
Since the Sox home games are not intra-squad games they are playing another team that are playing under the same conditions as the Sox.
Don't get me wrong iam not saying that's the lone reason just a factor...The bats will warm up as the weather does iam sure of it. Let's not forget we have had what 6 guys on the DL as well.. All in all it could be much worse.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:08 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Winning:

What you say is true of course but its also been cold say in Cleveland, in New York, in Boston. They haven't had a problem with hitting in cold weather have they? (as evidenced by their record...)

Not saying you're wrong, just saying that I think the "excuses" for this team over the past decade are getting thin.

Lip

The past decade, eh? Wouldn't that include the year 2005?
Old 05-19-2013, 11:18 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushinWeight View Post
The past decade, eh? Wouldn't that include the year 2005?
I may be wrong here but has this not be one of the coldest if not the coldest spring for Chicago?