White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: If KW makes a move before July 31, who is likely to be dealt?
Baldwin 16 88.89%
Foulke 0 0%
Ordonez 1 5.56%
Lee 0 0%
Konerko 0 0%
Alomar 0 0%
Perry 0 0%
Durham 1 5.56%
Singleton 0 0%
Clayton 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2001, 10:56 AM
WSI Regular

If KW makes a move before July 31, who is likely to be dealt?

If KW makes a move before July 31, who is likely to be dealt?
Old 07-23-2001, 11:23 AM
MMXXIII

If there is a move made, I think JB's noose is tightest around his neck. That doesn't mean that Alomar, Perry, Clayton, or Singleton should be breathing easy though...

0-4

LAST GAME: May 31 - Padres 4, Sox 2
NEXT GAME: Sunday, August 4 - vs. Twins
Old 07-23-2001, 11:44 AM
WSI Regular

I think that at this point, they only person that should be dealt should be JB. In fact, I'd be extremely surprised if he were still with the team after the 31st. But, he did not perform well on Sat. wth all of the scouts there. I think that a large amount of teams are looking at Astachio.

I also think that you might see a deal for Perry. Great guy, but with Liefer hitting well, we have what we need right here especially with Crede waiting in the wings.

If KW dumps Mags, Paulie, Carlos, or Durham for that matter, I would suggest finding out where he lives and picketing in front of his house and dumping trash in front of what I would then call the garbage baseball team.
Old 07-23-2001, 11:53 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
If KW dumps Mags, Paulie, Carlos, or Durham for that matter, I would suggest finding out where he lives and picketing in front of his house and dumping trash in front of what I would then call the garbage baseball team.
Agreed, faldo.

Old 07-23-2001, 12:05 PM
WSI Prelate

I think baldwin is the most likely to be dealt also.

But if someone offers a couple of decent prospects for any of clayton, alomar, singleton or perry, how could we refuse?
Old 07-23-2001, 12:20 PM
WSI Church Elder

I agree too, fado.
Old 07-23-2001, 01:21 PM
MMXXIII

Default This is just long.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tragg
But if someone offers a couple of decent prospects for any of clayton, alomar, singleton or perry, how could we refuse?
I see your point and agree with it Tragg, but the question is, what can we realistically get from anybody for Alomar, Clayton, or Perry.

Clayton - Let's face it. Either way we get the shaft. If we keep him, we have to put up with him. If we trade him, the best player we'd be lucky to land a minor leaguer who knows how to swing a bat, let alone play baseball.

Alomar - He might be able to get something because of his play-off expierence, but the only contenders I can think of that might be interested in a catcher would be the Phillies and Red Sox.

Perry - He's got the best chance to land us some talent because he is such a clutch hitter. However, it is doubtful that we'll pick up any real dynamite talent.

Baldwin, on the other hand, is interesting. I forget who brought it up, but James Baldwin is likely to be classified as a Type or Class A Free Agent, meaning that we could get 1 Sandwich Round pick for him and possibly a #16-30 1st Round Pick if he signs on with a team with 1 of those 1st round picks.

This means that if JB does get traded, we'd be able to land some real talent because even if we don't trade him, at very worst we'll end up with a pick in the Top 40 or so of next year's draft. Any team that really NEEDS a starter will have to unload some talent to make us trade JB. All in all, JB puts us in a good spot.

I never even thought of that!

THIS IS THE PROBLEM!