White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 11:41 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
Unless I'm misreading this situation, the White Sox are telling Konerko his days are numbered here. They must have a very low opinion of his baseball skills. I realize he hasn't been hitting so far this year but still to be sitting on the bench 2 games in a row and seeing Adam Done starting in place of Paulie has to be demeaning to Konerko. After all he's sitting on the bench and Done is playing and hitting all of .137. If they're going to continue benching him they might as well release him. This looks like its going to be a bad ending to Konerkos career on the Southside of Chicago. I don't know how Ventura can possibly bench Konerko and keep Done in the lineup. I've said it before on one of my earlier posts, Adam Done is the worse all around player the White Sox have had in my lifetime. His 3 years with the White Sox he has a BA of .178 which is the worse for any cleanup hitter in modern day (post World War 2) baseball history. And yet Konerko is being benched and a bum like Adam Done is still playing.
I'm not sure if Paul has been straight up "benched" as much as Ventura is trying to ensure he's able to stay healthy the full 162 games. It's why he's not playing 1B on turf as much, too.

Also, Dunn's career line against Corriea is now .333/.429/.833 while Paul has never faced him. Seems like if you have two struggling, relatively interchangeable players, you may as well put them in the positions to best succeed.

FWIW, Dunn has faced Pelfrey 33 times and has a career .231/.364/.423 line. Konerko has never seen him. The only other guy on the team that has is Keppinger, who is 3-6 lifetime off Pelfrey with 3 singles. I would expect we'll see Paul today in some capacity.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:13 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
Unless I'm misreading this situation, the White Sox are telling Konerko his days are numbered here. They must have a very low opinion of his baseball skills. I realize he hasn't been hitting so far this year but still to be sitting on the bench 2 games in a row and seeing Adam Done starting in place of Paulie has to be demeaning to Konerko. After all he's sitting on the bench and Done is playing and hitting all of .137. If they're going to continue benching him they might as well release him. This looks like its going to be a bad ending to Konerkos career on the Southside of Chicago. I don't know how Ventura can possibly bench Konerko and keep Done in the lineup. I've said it before on one of my earlier posts, Adam Done is the worse all around player the White Sox have had in my lifetime. His 3 years with the White Sox he has a BA of .178 which is the worse for any cleanup hitter in modern day (post World War 2) baseball history. And yet Konerko is being benched and a bum like Adam Done is still playing.
You're reading far too much into the situation. Ventura told Konerko he could have last nights game off because it's what Joe Torre did with Robin when he was with the Yankees to keep him fresh. Konerko is not being benched in favor of Dunn. He's 37 and Robin is just trying to get him some rest.