White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the Sporting News ROTY award, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 10:58 PM
WSI Guru

Default *Official* 5/10 Nobody Cares Anymore (and it's only mid-May) Angels-7, Sox-5

Game has been over for a few minutes and no thread started.

Guess it doesn't matter. Two more errors tonight. This team sucks...period.

Lip
Old 05-10-2013, 10:59 PM
WSI Church Elder

i was watching.

Angels have more hitters in their line up. Even facing someone like Enright is going to be a losing proposition for the Sox if they're starting Axelrod against him.

"Remember Abner"
Old 05-10-2013, 11:00 PM
WSI Church Elder

i.e. we need Danks back.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:01 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Game has been over for a few minutes and no thread started.

Guess it doesn't matter. Two more errors tonight. This team sucks...period.

Lip
Eh, it's Friday night and there's more important things in the Chicago sports world tonight... Honestly, the Sox probably could be 32-0 right now and I doubt I would have watched them tonight.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:01 PM
WSI Guru

Seven losses in the last 10. It's probably going to be like this most of the year.

Lip
Old 05-10-2013, 11:06 PM
WSI Church Elder

at this point.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:36 PM
WSI Personality

If we pulled the Hahn report card back up I'd surely give him an F.

Keppinger is awful. That was his "big" move.

Nobody cares because this team is no fun to follow at all, but it doesn't help that the organization didn't seem to care either this offseason. It irks me.

Peavy is our most valuable asset but will he stay healthy enough to bring any kind of return?

The only other reason to watch is to see how Danks comes back after being gone a year.

To think of how far we've fallen from even 2008...it's depressing.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:53 PM
WSI Church Elder

And no chance of a strike or lockout that could end the misery.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:58 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
If we pulled the Hahn report card back up I'd surely give him an F.

Keppinger is awful. That was his "big" move.

Nobody cares because this team is no fun to follow at all, but it doesn't help that the organization didn't seem to care either this offseason. It irks me.

Peavy is our most valuable asset but will he stay healthy enough to bring any kind of return?

The only other reason to watch is to see how Danks comes back after being gone a year.

To think of how far we've fallen from even 2008...it's depressing.
More than likely, yes. I don't know why Jake's health is such a concern. He led the staff in innings pitched in 2012, and it seems that back problem was just a blip. He had good stuff his last outing. I don't think he's any more likely to get hurt than any other pitcher in MLB.

As for the game tonight, the Sox gave another one away with poor defense. It's a familiar refrain. For me, that's a bigger concern than the offense. This team would be above .500 -- bad offense and all -- if these bums could just catch the ball.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Last edited by JB98; 05-11-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:14 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
More than likely, yes. I don't know why Jake's health is such a concern. He led the staff in innings pitched in 2012, and it seems that back problem was just a blip. He had good stuff his last outing. I don't think he's any more likely to get hurt than any other pitcher in MLB.

As for the game tonight, the Sox gave another one away with poor defense. It's a familiar refrain. For me, that's a bigger concern than the offense. This team would be above .500 -- bad offense and all -- if these bums could just catch the ball.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Herm Schneider ended up on the DL. Hopefully you are right, I'm just concerned that Peavy will try to push himself too hard too fast if his back isn't 100%.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:14 AM
WSI Prelate

One reason this has not gotten as much attention is because of the focus on the Blackhawks and Bulls' playoff runs currently going on. But once their respective seasons come to a conclusion, our ugliness will be out there for all to see.

If we finish in last place, which would be the first time since 1989, I think the whole thing should be blown up. That includes replacing the current regime and buying the best GM in baseball to oversee baseball operations.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:29 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Medias B's View Post
One reason this has not gotten as much attention is because of the focus on the Blackhawks and Bulls' playoff runs currently going on. But once their respective seasons come to a conclusion, our ugliness will be out there for all to see.

If we finish in last place, which would be the first time since 1989, I think the whole thing should be blown up. That includes replacing the current regime and buying the best GM in baseball to oversee baseball operations.
The ugliness is on the field. And since Jerry Reinsdorf isn't going to fire himself, I don't think there is much of a chance of a regime change. But I think you're right. Changes need to be made at least in approach if not in personnel.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:25 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
The ugliness is on the field. And since Jerry Reinsdorf isn't going to fire himself, I don't think there is much of a chance of a regime change. But I think you're right. Changes need to be made at least in approach if not in personnel.
Since Ron Schueler was hired in 1991, the same regime has basically in place since, right?

Whether the team needs it or not, I would be surprised to see a dramatic change at the top.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:27 AM
WSI Prelate

I have Sox fan friends in from out of town with the ability to go to the game Sunday night. I asked. The response? "The weather is gonna be crummy, but that wouldn't matter if they didn't suck."

Couldn't agree more.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 05-11-2013, 11:05 AM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H View Post

No need to change anything as long as management is satisfied with the financial well being of club. This doesnt seem like the kind of ownership that is in this game for the sake of winning.