White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 01:17 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Some of these guys just can't hit.
Too many of them are ridiculously impatient.
Wise simply cannot hit. He's 35 and has a career obp of .263 and the Sox actually signed this guy and people think he's good or at least passable. He isn't. He's a AAAA player.
Dunn is in a horrible slump.
Flowers - not so far.
Keppinger's a backup.
Gillespie seems to have a solid approach, but it's probably a matter of time before he picks up bad habits from this team.

The pitching has been fantastic.
Dunn isn't in a slump. He's been hitting well over the last week. Flowers drove in all Sox runs in a winning effort last game. Yesterday sucked, but lets be honest with our spite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 05-05-2013, 01:21 PM
WSI Guru

Well if by "hitting well" you mean he's got his average up to .143 then you are right.

Flowers by the way is hitting all of .192.

Lip
Old 05-05-2013, 01:23 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Well if by "hitting well" you mean he's got his average up to .143 then you are right.

Flowers by the way is hitting all of .192.

Lip
I said in the last few games. Lets not be dishonest for the sake of bitching. You'd never do that.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:33 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
There are so many unlikable guys on this team to choose from, but Alexei probably tops my list. I get frustrated with stupid, inexcusable errors almost as much as incompetence at the plate. That ball he took his eyes off tonight was hit almost directly to him at shortstop. That's just inexcusable.

On the flipside, how can you not like Axelrod? Dude puts up 120 pitches over eight innings and holds KC to two runs. You cannot ask him to do any more than that.

Axelrod has done a good job all season. It is amazing considering he was pitching for the Windy City Thurderbolts a couple of years ago.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:21 PM
WSI Guru

Taylor:

Not trying to be dishonest.

He may not be in a "slump" the last few games to you but considering his average stands at .143 for the past five weeks, playing nearly every day, you can "honestly" say that he's been in a "slump" all year long even with his recent "improvements" (which are all relative). That was my point.

Lip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
I said in the last few games. Lets not be dishonest for the sake of bitching. You'd never do that.
And a few games isn't reason to think he isn't slumping either. These guys have been a few scattered hits over a few days and then 10 days with a hit for most of the season.

If it isn't slumping it's because that's what they are. Not because somehow they're better than they've played so far.
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedema View Post
Axelrod has done a good job all season. It is amazing considering he was pitching for the Windy City Thurderbolts a couple of years ago.
I did not realize until I saw the highlights this morning that Axelrod would have had a shutout through eight innings if Alex Rios would have been position about two feet to his left, and that is against one of the top offenses in the AL so far.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
I did not realize until I saw the highlights this morning that Axelrod would have had a shutout through eight innings if Alex Rios would have been position about two feet to his left, and that is against one of the top offenses in the AL so far.
I don't understand how he's doing it. But he's been a nice bright spot. I just worry that whatever he's doing to be effective is going to get spotted by a scout and then he returns to the void.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:35 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
And a few games isn't reason to think he isn't slumping either. These guys have been a few scattered hits over a few days and then 10 days with a hit for most of the season.

If it isn't slumping it's because that's what they are. Not because somehow they're better than they've played so far.
Scattered hits? Be honest, you're not watching the games, are you? He's been having good AB after good AB. I'm as frustrated with him as anybody, but lets be real here.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:53 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
After going on a recent "tear" where he was 6 for 18, he's 1 out of his last 10. He's at .143. This is year 3 of one of the worst free agent signings ever. Nothing to get excited about yet.