White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 08:41 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
JB:

The rest of baseball doesn't seem to be having any problems with him. You're right on the money. Seven home runs allowed in a little over 10 innings this year before today.

Naturally he shut out the Sox for the first five innings.

Words fail to describe how bad these hitters are right now.

You can only hope it's the crap weather or something because since August of last season they've gone right down the toilet regarding hitting with RISP.

Just putrid.

Lip
Lip, the Sox just have too many holes in the lineup right now. Dunn, Viciedo and Flowers are easy outs for the opposition at the moment. I suspect Flowers will be an easy out all year long. I just don't think the guy can hit a lick.

In any case, it's real hard to sustain an inning when you've got three guys who are total black holes. It seems like every time the Sox get a chance to score, one of the easy outs steps to the plate and kills the opportunity.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 04-14-2013, 09:33 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
I'm surprised Myers challenged Konerko on a 3-1 pitch. Yeah, the tying run moves into scoring position if he walks him. But, there were two out and Viciedo -- an automatic out at this point -- was on deck.
I called PK's homer there for my son when he walked into the room as I was dvring throuh the game. I slowed it down so we could watch the entire at-bat. I thought PK was going to get him on the 2-0 count, but it came on the 3-1. (sidenote: Second homer I've called this year, with the first one being Flowers on Opening Day).

Hawk is annoying sometimes, but there's nothing better than listening to him try to push an opponent's ball foul, as was the case on Bourne's 3rd at bat and Santana's at bat late in the game. GET FOUL!

Also, anytime Robin wants to get Dunn back in the DH hole and put PK back at first is fine with me. That ridiculous play with Thornton covering should have been Dunn 3-Unassisted.

2014 Attendance Record: 4-5; 0.444
Old 04-14-2013, 10:34 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakath
The difference was really Jake.
Jake pitched his nuts off in a game we absolutely needed to have; he was every bit the $15 million stopper today. Hopefully Floyd was paying attention, because he really needs to get his ass in gear. We can't afford him to just sleepwalk until June again this year.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:42 PM
WSI Personality

Hopefully today's win steers the ship back in the right direction. While I won't complain about the team hitting too many homers, they also need to learn to score runs some other ways.

Anticipated next game: Unknown
Old 04-14-2013, 11:45 PM
WSI Church Elder

Tremendous effort by Peavy, Konerko needed the homer and so did the team, Dunn walked for only the second time this season and somehow we survived a Thornton appearance.

The hitters should be ashamed of themselves, though. Myers was throwing slop up there.