White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 06:21 AM
WSI Prelate

As others have said, with the upcoming schedule the Sox probably need another reliever.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:53 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan49 View Post
I think it'll be interesting to see what Gillaspie does with this time, but Beckham only just turned 27 and his potential could really spring up anytime.
Uh, I wouldn't really hold my breath, the kid's got nearly 550 games and over 2,000 plate appearances in his career, generally people don't just "find it" at that point. I might be somewhat hopeful if he was showing gradual, steady improvement, but he's generally gotten progressively worse over his career. I guess miracles do happen from time to time (****in magnets, how do they work?) but anybody who expects anything more from Beckham than what we've seen - good glove at 2B, average bat for a middle infielder - I think is going to continue to be dissapointed by him. He is what he is.

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know

Last edited by doublem23; 04-12-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:10 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Uh, I wouldn't really hold my breath, the kid's got nearly 550 games and over 2,000 plate appearances in his career, generally people don't just "find it" at that point. I might be somewhat hopeful if he was showing gradual, steady improvement, but he's generally gotten progressively worse over his career. I guess miracles do happen from time to time (****in magnets, how do they work?) but anybody who expects anything more from Beckham than what we've seen - good glove at 2B, average bat for a middle infielder - I think is going to continue to be dissapointed by him. He is what he is.
This board loves to think that career bench guys will suddenly be awesome. Hey, that Dallas McPherson was quite the buy!

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 04-12-2013, 12:02 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Right-hander Deunte Heath was recalled from Triple-A Charlotte.

Keppinger will move from third base to second base, where he has started the past two games against the Nationals and has played more than any other position in his career. Conor Gillaspie at third base against right-handed pitchers, and Ventura has confidence in Angel Sanchez's ability across the infield.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news...s_cws&c_id=cws
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 04-12-2013, 02:05 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
You're absolutely right about how his career has gone thus far. He went from our future at 3B to a quality fielder at 2B.

And I really haven't expected much from him these past 2 years, but after last year he hit a career high in HR's and I thought early season struggles really hindered him. He was finally having what looked to be a pretty nice start to the season, and I think without the injury he could've been somewhere around 20 HR .260. Still not the player we drafted, but certainly solid.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:20 AM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Dan Hayes
Gordon Beckham said both representatives and team wanted him to have his hamate bone surgery in Cleveland. Scheduled for Tues.