White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Tom Feargal Hagen

I'm concerned that the new belt buckles the Minneosta Vikings will have this season on their uniform pants is the final piece to the puzzle for their total domination of the NFC North for the next three decades.....

All hail The Rick
Old 04-11-2013, 11:21 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
I'm concerned that the new belt buckles the Minneosta Vikings will have this season on their uniform pants is the final piece to the puzzle for their total domination of the NFC North for the next three decades.....
What does this have to do with a Sox uniform change in the Sox forum?
Old 04-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty99 View Post
What does this have to do with a Sox uniform change in the Sox forum?
We're talking pants......
Old 04-11-2013, 12:00 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
We're talking pants......
Old 04-11-2013, 12:27 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over By There View Post
Holy ****, Hangar is back.
This is an issue that obviously requires the bringing out of the big guns.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:29 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Because it's an overall reflection of how the organization is run. I mean, sure a stripe on the side of pants is, by itself, no big deal, but it's just another in a long line of silly mistakes they keep making for no discernable reason. The diamond sock. The Pirates video. Dynamic pricing. Pushing Nancy out. I could go on and on. I guess it boils down to how you think the Sox are overall run as an organization. If you think they're doing a good job overall then yeah, it probably doesn't bug you, and that's fine. But for people who see a consistent series of mistakes, it's maybe just another in a long line.

Oh, and I will also say that I think the stripe does make a difference. I personally think the pants and jersey do look worse with only a black stripe. If you look around the league, most teams that have some kind of stripe or piping running down their pant legs go with more than one color. There's a reason they do that. It just looks better.
100% correct.

And to the snarksters asking "what does marketing have to do with uniform pants?!?!?!111?", the marketing department does not just control advertising, but basically all things relating to the team's image or brand. They are the ones who make uniform decisions because the uniforms are essentially a message they want to convey to the public. Ask any of the market people or designers, and they will throw out buzzwords such as "we feel the black and silver convey a message of tradition yet sleekness..." or some crap like that. Brooks said about eliminating the diamond sock that they felt it was important to increase visibility of the Sox logo to strength their brand. So, yes. Marketing made this decision.

Oh, and "Bah Gawd, King! That's HANGAR's music!"

Last edited by TheOldRoman; 04-11-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
Because it's an overall reflection of how the organization is run. I mean, sure a stripe on the side of pants is, by itself, no big deal, but it's just another in a long line of silly mistakes they keep making for no discernable reason. The diamond sock. The Pirates video. Dynamic pricing. Pushing Nancy out. I could go on and on. I guess it boils down to how you think the Sox are overall run as an organization. If you think they're doing a good job overall then yeah, it probably doesn't bug you, and that's fine. But for people who see a consistent series of mistakes, it's maybe just another in a long line.

Oh, and I will also say that I think the stripe does make a difference. I personally think the pants and jersey do look worse with only a black stripe. If you look around the league, most teams that have some kind of stripe or piping running down their pant legs go with more than one color. There's a reason they do that. It just looks better.
When you put it in this way, then I understand how you feel about it. Again, it doesn't bug me, marketing or aesthetically. But again, I just don't pay that close attention to it. Neither side of the argument is wrong IMO, but that doesn't mean dissenting opinions can't be respected.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

www.twitter.com/Spawn_03
Old 04-11-2013, 12:43 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:

It does not look as good to me either.

Photo credit to uni-watch.com

www.twitter.com/jasonrosko
Old 04-11-2013, 12:45 PM
WSI High Priest

Who would have thought that THIS would be the issue that bring's Henry back?!?!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:10 PM
WSI Village Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by skobabe8 View Post
Who would have thought that this issue would get one of these?

March 31 W
April 10 W
April 26 L
May 10 L
May 28 W
June 1 W
June 14 L
July 4 W
July 18 W
August 30 (2) L
September 14 L
September 27 W

Next Game: ??
Old 04-11-2013, 01:14 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
When you put it in this way, then I understand how you feel about it. Again, it doesn't bug me, marketing or aesthetically. But again, I just don't pay that close attention to it. Neither side of the argument is wrong IMO, but that doesn't mean dissenting opinions can't be respected.
Yeah, I'm sure everyone here has had a bad day or two where it feels like everything's going wrong, but you're able to internalize your frustration until something completely and utterly stupid pushes you over the boiling point. That's basically what's going on here.

Quote:
It does not look as good to me either.

Photo credit to uni-watch.com
I completely see how some people won't care one way or the other about it, but I honestly cannot fathom how anyone would look at this image and think the Sox made an upgrade. At best, it's a completely pointless and parallel move which begs the question... Why? Why why why???
Old 04-11-2013, 01:16 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:

That pretty much hits the nail on the head.

Quote:
Uh, wait, what is wrong with the home uniform? It's absolutely perfect. It's based on the gorgeous late '50s style uniforms but doesn't have any ridiculous colors that have no logical place on the jersey of a team called the WHITE Sox.
I suspect that you are talking about the red piping that the White Sox had on their uniforms in the 1950s, I SUSPECT the reason for that was because starting in the 1920s the White Sox incorporated red into their color scheme. So I think the White Sox were using their traditional colors and pretty much copying the look of the Yankees uniform. I think red is the most commonly used color in the uniform history of the White Sox.

Go Sox!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by FielderJones View Post
Who would have thought that this issue would get one of these?

I've been waiting for this!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:25 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
You wouldn't ask that if you saw his Facebook rants on the topic.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 04-11-2013, 01:35 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
You wouldn't ask that if you saw his Facebook rants on the topic.
You can't tease something like this and then not provide a link or quotes!
Closed Thread