White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 10:47 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty99 View Post
So an autograph collector wouldn't want a Babe Ruth even if they didn't see him play?
Oh come on, that's not really the same thing
Old 04-08-2013, 08:43 AM
WSI High Priest

I know this is a complaint list but he $10 parking and $5 tickets on Sundays is absolutely AMAZING. Good job Sox.

The opening video (I know it's referenced in another thread) is god awful though. And Pirates needs to come back.

2014 White Sox Concession Tracker:
4 Miller Lite's
3 Half Acre Daisy Cutters
1 Hot Dog
1 Polish

It's gone.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:56 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox029 View Post
Also paid $8 for a Polish, which seemed way more than you'd pay at Sox Park.

I only paid $4.75 I think. The $8 was for the meals with fries.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:40 AM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

My biggest pet peeve has been and still is portable stands on the outfield concourse, as close as possible to the field no less, while the stands that are built INTO the park and sell the same **** (and located in the same section) are CLOSED. I want to watch the game and spend as little amount of time in line as possible, so no, I won't "go to section 101" if I want pizza, nor will I go to "the rotunda in the batters eye (the ****ING FAN DECK) for "ballpark fare"". Act like you're open during a game. The lower deck was full over the weekend, yet half the stands were closed with big-ass portable stands in the way of people trying to watch the game. USE THE STANDS THAT ARE BUILT INTO THE PARK. Plus, every stand out there said "cash only", so for people who do use their fanpass, or try to use a credit or gift card, half the the park is closed to them. Brutally ridiculous, IMO.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:22 PM
WSI High Priest

Slighthijack- it's kind of funny that grown men spending time posting on a baseball message board would look down their noses at grown men seeking an autograph or keeping a foul ball.

I would NEVER interfere or in any way, get in the way, or take priority over a child getting either one- but I'm still thrilled when I get a foul ball (3 so far- 1 Old Comiskey, 2 new ballpark), and depending on the game/setting- I might keep it, or I might give it to the closest child.

For autographs- I've never been much of a collector- but Rudy Law and Julio Cruz are both very memorable guys on one of the top teams of my "fandom" (2005, 1983, 1993, 2008, 2000, 1977, 1972, 1990- in that order for me)- it would be cool to meet them, shake their hand and say thank you for a great season.
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 04-08-2013, 01:58 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
Again, while I don't collect autographs and really fail to see the point unless you are trying to make money with them, whatever floats your boat, floats your boat. The point I was making was he was mad the White Sox had this exclusively for kids and said the kids have no clue who these guys are. There are plenty of Rudy Law autographs available on the internet at a nominal cost. If you can't track him down and it's important to get one, shell out the $10.
While in most cases this is true, some people collect some very unique items like game used bats or team signed items that can't be found online.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:11 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
Heck, going to just about any other team's home game and then going to a Sox game is jolting. Sox are easily the worst in terms of overall quality, friendliness, and helpfulness of their staff that I've seen at a MLB game.
I take it you've never been to a D-backs game.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:15 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Thigpen View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but I've never noticed anything different about the staff or "ballpark experience" when I've been to Busch- old or new, Coors or Kaufman.
When you go to a stadium where the staff has been trained to at least act like they remotely care about customer service, it really stands out and leaves a lasting impression.

The two stadiums where I've experienced this are Los Angeles and Anaheim.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:55 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevingrt View Post
i know this is a complaint list but he $10 parking and $5 tickets on sundays is absolutely amazing. Good job sox.

the opening video (i know it's referenced in another thread) is god awful though. And pirates needs to come back.
+1

Old 04-08-2013, 02:58 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
+1

We really should start a Compliment list thread to the white sox too. It seems sometimes that a lot of this group is a bunch of whiners. NO HATE ;)
Old 04-08-2013, 04:42 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZChiSoxFan View Post
When you go to a stadium where the staff has been trained to at least act like they remotely care about customer service, it really stands out and leaves a lasting impression.

My wife and I have experienced it over and over again at the Tropicana Dome of all places. It was that way when the Namoli group ran the team, and maybe even improved a little under Sternberg.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:08 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:

I can vouch for Anaheim, and Coors Field also. I was underwhelmed by the service in Cleveland, but then again I was wearing Sox gear, so I didn't take it personally.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:45 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:

Hey, whatever floats your boat man.

I was just saying that I've never really noticed anything different about the staffs at any other ballpark I've ever been too.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:26 PM
WSI Church Elder

I actually agree about the ballpark service. It's extremely rare to get a smile from any of the workers at Sox Park. The only other stadiums I have experience with are Miller Park and Busch Stadium, and they seem to hire more older folks who are looking for some extra income. These people almost across the board are friendlier than the high school dropout (or even non-college-attending high school grad) population that seems to dominate the customer service team at Sox Park. The only ones that come to mind are the two guys who work at Gate 3 (Joseph, who sells programs and scorecards, and the guy in the wheelchair who sells raffle tickets).
The vendors are usually not too bad, but I've never had any kind of friendly interaction with anyone working behind the counter at the food stands.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:27 PM
WSI Prelate

The poor customer service provided by ushers probably won't serve as much of a deterrent to attending White Sox games for season ticket holders or anyone who posts on this board, but it is pretty clear that the White Sox are obviously trying to create a new fan base. If that is the case, the poor customer service provided by the ushers is a huge problem. Those ushers, guest service representatives as the White Sox like to call them, are the face of the organization. A family of four from the suburbs who go to one White Sox game a year aren't going to deal with Brooks, they might deal with Southpaw if they are lucky but they will damn sure interact with the guys who show them where to park, take their ticket, where to sit and give them their food. They are the White Sox frontline so to speak, so for Brooks to sort of dismiss them and say in effect "Well, they aren't really employees and there is a lot of turn over there," it doesn't appreciate the problem. Maybe they aren't really employees (when I was an usher for the White Sox I was not technically an employee of them) and maybe there is a lot of turnover, but they still represent your product. From what I am reading in this thread, it appears that they do a bad job of representing that product. So the White Sox find themselves in a position where they have taken measures to appeal to new fans that alienate traditional fans (the montage) and then won't remedy problems that don't affect traditional fans but could alienate new ones. That seems to fit in with the rest of the organization's philosophy.

Go Sox!!!