White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 06:16 PM
WSI Guru

Maybe Robin was thinking about the possibility of the Royals tying the game in the 9th and he wanted to keep Dayan's bat in the lineup?

Lip
Old 04-02-2013, 06:23 PM
WSI Guru

SCCWS:

Those are some valid points. Can't argue with them. I don't know what the Sox may or may not have considered. They have already cut prices though so it's not like they aren't doing anything.

What I do know is that JR himself asked two high ranking members of the front office to examine and compare all the other schedules looking at things like April home games, the interleague match up's (the organization was wondering why the Sox played say the Dodgers more the past few years then the Brewers only 90 miles up the road), short West Coast road trips, what days of the week the Yankees were in a particular town (weekday as opposed to weekend's) things along those lines.

I know those 'results' were handed to him. What happened after that I don't know.

One thing I was told is that again MLB helped Cleveland when they were having attendance issues but the same 'help' didn't seem to be forthcoming to the Sox.

Why that is, is something Bud would have to answer.

To me it seems both sides have issues and legit complaints. It would be nice if they can get together for the benfit of the fan. You know the folks who drive this entire six billion dollar industry so that they don't have to sit freezing their asses off so many times. To say nothing of helping the players perform better.

Just my opinion.

Lip
Old 04-03-2013, 09:26 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
SCCWS:

Those are some valid points. Can't argue with them. I don't know what the Sox may or may not have considered. They have already cut prices though so it's not like they aren't doing anything.

What I do know is that JR himself asked two high ranking members of the front office to examine and compare all the other schedules looking at things like April home games, the interleague match up's (the organization was wondering why the Sox played say the Dodgers more the past few years then the Brewers only 90 miles up the road), short West Coast road trips, what days of the week the Yankees were in a particular town (weekday as opposed to weekend's) things along those lines.

I know those 'results' were handed to him. What happened after that I don't know.

One thing I was told is that again MLB helped Cleveland when they were having attendance issues but the same 'help' didn't seem to be forthcoming to the Sox.

Why that is, is something Bud would have to answer.

To me it seems both sides have issues and legit complaints. It would be nice if they can get together for the benfit of the fan. You know the folks who drive this entire six billion dollar industry so that they don't have to sit freezing their asses off so many times. To say nothing of helping the players perform better.

Just my opinion.

Lip
Cleveland is an economically depressed small market city. Cleveland ╪ Chicago.

The White Sox should spend more time worrying about how to build a consistent playoff team than worrying about saying "where's mine" every time MLB does something to help a struggling franchise in a depressed city.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:34 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
WHAT?! We scored one run. If anything, empirical evidence is supporting the case that this team will have trouble scoring runs. Making that assumption from one game is fool-hardy sure, but it's not opinion that this offense is expected to blow chunks. It would be opinion if you expected them to vastly outproduce history and projections.
The Angels scored only one run through nine in their opener. I think they scored one run through 12 becuase they couldn't score in extra innings with the bases loaded and one out The only reason they scored more in the game was that their pitching and defense allowed a run through the first nine against the Reds, and the game went deep into the Reds bullpen. The Dodgers were shut out through seven in their opener until their starting pitcher broke the tie in the eighth with a home run, and he isn't even in the lineup every day. With all the money the Dodgers have spent on offense, they have only scored in one inning through two games this season.

If the Sox are screwed because they can't start Sale every day, at least their lineup won't have to face Shields every day. There are aspects to their Sox lineup I don't like. Many here know what they are. But you are overreacting. A 1-0 win on a cold April day featuring two top starters does not validate your expectations that the White Sox are doomed because they have a weak offense.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:45 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
If the Sox are screwed because they can't start Sale every day, at least their lineup won't have to face Shields every day. There are aspects to their Sox lineup I don't like. Many here know what they are. But you are overreacting. A 1-0 win on a cold April day featuring two top starters does not validate your expectations that the White Sox are doomed because they have a weak offense.

X2
Old 04-03-2013, 12:50 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crestani View Post
X2
It's Opening Day, people are going to overreact no matter what. The Sox could have won 10-0 and someone would still find a minor flaw and predict doom and gloom.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:06 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Maybe Robin was thinking about the possibility of the Royals tying the game in the 9th and he wanted to keep Dayan's bat in the lineup?

Lip
Robin subs Wise in the 7th immediately after Viciedo lines out to end the inning so your guess may be correct

Last edited by doublem23; 04-03-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:12 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
lpneck:

I don't "believe" there is an anti-Sox agenda from the schedule makers per se.
No, the anti-Sox agenda is the domain of pre-season prognosticators, the local sports media and, of course, the national sports media!

Sox won a season opener 1-0 for the first time since 2005 when the Sox beat Cleveland 1-0 to open the season? And then the Sox hit 4 homers today to beat K.C. 5-2? Are you kiddin' me?

Nope, not kidding!

And a 2-0 start!