White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 11:47 PM
WSI Personality

I stopped there one day for lunch during the off season with my family and we were the only table.

The drinks were still served in plastic cups, the food wasn't all that great, and it was expensive. It wasn't worth it at all.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:33 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISoxfan View Post
I stopped there one day for lunch during the off season with my family and we were the only table.

The drinks were still served in plastic cups, the food wasn't all that great, and it was expensive. It wasn't worth it at all.
Yeah, the people wanting it to be open year-round confuse me. It's nice for a place attached to a ballpark, but other than that, a waste of money.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 04-01-2013, 11:11 AM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Yeah, the people wanting it to be open year-round confuse me. It's nice for a place attached to a ballpark, but other than that, a waste of money.
Well, I'd like it to be open year round because it's close to my house, parking is a breeze, it's nicer than the neigborhood joints, it's cool to be at the Cell during the offseason, and I DON'T like places that are wall to wall people. I realize that's just me though and no, I wouldn't stay open either if I were them. That said, being open during road games and advertising a little wouldn't kill them. I've given up on the year round thing.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:12 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerko View Post
Well, I'd like it to be open year round because it's close to my house, parking is a breeze, it's nicer than the neigborhood joints, it's cool to be at the Cell during the offseason, and I DON'T like places that are wall to wall people. I realize that's just me though and no, I wouldn't stay open either if I were them. That said, being open during road games and advertising a little wouldn't kill them. I've given up on the year round thing.
As far as sport bars go, is it really any different than Buffalo Wings and Rings? It's much better when it's right before a ballgame, but I didn't find the food to be any better. At Wings and Rings, at least you can get a Green Line in a glass.

Maybe I just can't get passed the fact that drinks are served in a plastic cup in the middle of winter. I understand why that's an issue when its packed wall to wall before a game, but why during the winter?
Old 04-02-2013, 08:38 AM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISoxfan View Post
As far as sport bars go, is it really any different than Buffalo Wings and Rings? It's much better when it's right before a ballgame, but I didn't find the food to be any better. At Wings and Rings, at least you can get a Green Line in a glass.

Maybe I just can't get passed the fact that drinks are served in a plastic cup in the middle of winter. I understand why that's an issue when its packed wall to wall before a game, but why during the winter?
I admit, I'm weird; I just like being at the park in the winter. During the season I actually prefer the stadium club to Bacardi. I think I've only been to Bacardi once in-season, and we stayed outside.