White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 02:38 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Opening Home Series Media Advisory

CHICAGO WHITE SOX OPENING HOME SERIES MEDIA ADVISORY

The Chicago White Sox are making the following recommendations to fans attending Opening Series games against the Kansas City Royals:
  • First pitch of Opening Day, presented by U.S. Cellular, is Monday, April 1 at 3:10 p.m.; the second game of the series is Wednesday, April 3 at 1:10 p.m.; and the series finale is Thursday, April 4 at 1:10 p.m.
  • There are a limited number of standing-room-only tickets available for Monday’s home opener. These are the only tickets remaining for the game and are only available at the U.S. Cellular Field ticket office. Tickets for the remainder of the opening series are available at the White Sox ticket office at U.S. Cellular Field, online at whitesox.com and through Ticketmaster phone lines at (866) SOX-GAME.

· Fans should only purchase tickets through authorized White Sox ticket agents. Purchasing tickets through the White Sox ticket office, whitesox.com, Ticketmaster or Stub Hub are the best ways to guarantee valid purchases.
  • The White Sox strongly recommend that fans utilize public transportation. The CTA Red Line stops near the ballpark at 35th Street, and the Green Line is two blocks further east at 35th Street.
  • There also is a Metra stop at 35th Street, just east of the Dan Ryan Expressway, along the Rock Island line. Metra will increase its service on game days to accommodate White Sox fans. For the most up-to-date game day service information including weekend inbound train schedules to meet the various scheduled first pitch start times, check metrarail.com.
  • Gates to the ballpark open two hours before the start time of the Opening Day game and one and one half hours before the games on Wednesday and Thursday.

· The Bacardi at the Park restaurant near Gate 5 of U.S. Cellular Field is again open this season. The restaurant will be open to the public on Opening Day at 5 a.m., with media outlets broadcasting live from the venue. Coffee, soft drinks and donuts will be served until 7 a.m. when regular food and beverage service will commence. Fans wishing to attend the broadcasts should park in Lot A. Bacardi at the Park will open four hours prior to first pitch on the day of all home games throughout the season.

· The Miller Lite Bullpen Sports Bar will open one and one half hours before game start on Opening Day with B96 broadcasting live from 10 am-2 pm. Throughout the regular season, the Miller Lite Bullpen Sports Bar will open two and one half hours before first pitch of Saturday – Sunday games and one and one half hours before games on Monday – Friday (limited to the first 500 fans 21 and over).
  • Parking lots open three hours before the start time of the Opening Day game, while they will open two hours before the start of the games on Wednesday and Thursday. Fans holding reserved parking coupons should display the coupons prominently as they approach the ballpark.
  • Prepaid red coupons are accepted in Lots A, B, C and G, and prepaid green coupons are accepted in Lots F and L only. Cash parking will be very limited when lots open (Lots G, F and L; Lot A in the early morning only). Fans seeking cash parking should follow directional signs to available lots. Cash parking is $20 Monday – Saturday and $10 on Sundays.
  • Fans planning to park and take the CTA downtown to work in the morning can park in Lot A (cash parking) starting at 5 a.m. This option is for fans returning to the ballpark for the game. Lot A is accessible from Wentworth Avenue between 33rd and 35th Streets. Tailgating will not be allowed in Lot A on Opening Day until three hours before the start of the game, when the rest of the parking lots open.
  • Free shuttle service will be available on Opening Day from parking lots at 31st Street and Moe Drive (ONLY if all cash lots are filled at the ballpark).
  • Fans holding tickets for the upper level will not be able to access other levels of the ballpark. This policy ensures fans may safely and comfortably enjoy the game with access to the areas of the ballpark where they bought tickets.
  • In accordance with the Illinois law, smoking is prohibited in all areas of U.S. Cellular Field. There is a designated smoking area outside of Gate 2 and Gate 5. Those fans wishing to smoke must proceed to the ground level at the base of the ramps at Gate 2 and Gate 5.
· White Sox magnetic schedules and rally towels will be given to all fans in attendance on Opening Day, courtesy of U.S. Cellular.
  • Lot B at Gate 5 of the ballpark is designated for cars displaying state-issued disability placards or license plates. In addition, any guests in need of assistance will be allowed by ballpark personnel to be dropped off and/or picked up in Lot B. Fans will have access to Lot B and Gate 5 (located north of the ballpark; across 35th Street) via 33rd Street.
  • Alcohol cannot be taken from the park or consumed on public ways, in observation of city regulations.
  • Finally, the White Sox ask fans to be respectful of the neighborhood and homes surrounding the ballpark before and after games.
  • Specific media guidelines for Opening Day 2013, including details on vehicle parking, credentials, press box/clubhouse hours and other ballpark and ticket information are available to members of the media on White Sox media site whitesoxpressbox.com.

2013 Attendance Record: 11-22
2012 Attendance Record: 29-22
2011 Attendance Record: 15-19
2010 Attendance Record: 18-10
2009 Attendance Record: 5-9
2008 Attendance Record: 21-10
2007 Attendance Record: 6-14
2006 Attendance Record: 20-9

https://twitter.com/KJKobs
Old 03-28-2013, 02:52 PM
WSI Regular

So when do you guys think a good time would be to leave the south suburbs to park and tailgate? No way am I parking at 31st and Moe.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:02 AM
WSI Prelate

Only standing room available for opening day. About 30k available for each of the next two games.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 03-29-2013, 11:44 AM
WSI Personality

Why even bother mentioning the next 2 games in the advisory as the park will be practically empty for those games.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:46 AM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

****ing Bacardi shortening their hours. Place should be open every day for lunch like it used to be, and when the Sox are on the road. Would be nice to catch a game there when the Sox are on the road............ What a waste of a great bar IMO.

As an extra note, and I started a thread about a week ago; still looks like 33rd and Normal and most of 32nd street west of canal is still being worked on. Even if you're attending Weds/Thurs it might be a hassle around that area. I wouldn't even go near there on Monday.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedema View Post
Why even bother mentioning the next 2 games in the advisory as the park will be practically empty for those games.
I'll be at those games and I'm already anticipating being funneled to the fan deck for any concessions I might want since all the stands will be closed. Don't get me wrong, I love these weekday games, but really I've never seen a place that is so closed when it's open.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:09 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Only standing room available for opening day. About 30k available for each of the next two games.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:08 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerko View Post
****ing Bacardi shortening their hours. Place should be open every day for lunch like it used to be, and when the Sox are on the road. Would be nice to catch a game there when the Sox are on the road............ What a waste of a great bar IMO.

As an extra note, and I started a thread about a week ago; still looks like 33rd and Normal and most of 32nd street west of canal is still being worked on. Even if you're attending Weds/Thurs it might be a hassle around that area. I wouldn't even go near there on Monday.
Do they still charge ballpark prices for drinks on off days?
Old 03-29-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
Do they still charge ballpark prices for drinks on off days?
I don't think they're open on off days anymore. Last time I was there before they shuttered the place for the winter it was about 4 bucks for a tall Miller can. Looks like they are open "4 hours before every home game". So, the very well MAY charge ballgame prices since it looks like they are only going to be open on game days.

Last edited by Jerko; 03-29-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:36 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerko View Post
I'm sure they'd be open if people had come. You can't expect them to be open all the time for a few people.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:17 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewman35 View Post
I'm sure they'd be open if people had come. You can't expect them to be open all the time for a few people.
It always did seem like a silly idea to me to keep the place open year round. I just never thought there's a whole lot of people driving down the Ryan thinking, "ooh, I'll stop by the ballpark for lunch today". Having said that, I will admit I have never gone there on a non-game day so for all I know the place was hopping.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:09 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
It always did seem like a silly idea to me to keep the place open year round. I just never thought there's a whole lot of people driving down the Ryan thinking, "ooh, I'll stop by the ballpark for lunch today". Having said that, I will admit I have never gone there on a non-game day so for all I know the place was hopping.
Yeah, I was never there either, I just can't imagine the Sox or the Stadium Authority or whoever made this decision would leave money on the table.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:37 AM
WSI Personality

I went there for the. ND v. USC game, and it was a ghost town. One waitress, one bartender, and 8 patrons inside and that was it.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:00 AM

They didn't advertise well, that's for sure. But the last few times i stopped in it picked up a little. They can't do nothing and expect people to show up. It was nice having that place as an option over the winter. Oh well, whatever.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan21 View Post
I was there for the. ND v. USC game, and it was a ghost town. One waitress, one bartender, and 8 patrons inside and that was it.
I must say it WAS dead there for Bears Rams, but people already have their football bars. i just think with more of an effort they could have made a killing there. Nicer than the normal neighborhood joints and great food.