White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 02:35 PM
MMXXIII

Default 2013 White Sox Fan Survey

Looks like the Sox are fishing for fan input again, just got an email with a link to a survey that is very similar to the one they did toward the end of last season. They did seem to lower ticket and parking prices based on those results so I guess it's not a total waste of time...

The email:
http://view.ed4.net/v/KWBKHU/P3NJ0W/...9034-573239470

If you complete the survey, they'll give you a special code to get $10 or $5 off Lower or Upper Bowl tickets respectively for games on 4/3 (Kansas City), 4/5 (Seattle), 4/6 (Seattle), or 4/19 (Minnesota)
Old 03-21-2013, 03:15 PM
WSI Church Elder

One of the points I made was to bring back some of the cool old promos like Bat Day and Cap Day. Told them that promos like Mullet Night had run their course.

I also mentioned how much I like the fact that other teams have alumni who are on the concourse signing autographs and taking pictures with fans at every game. I'm a nerd, but I love that stuff.

I also asked them to continue to maintain ties with their tradition. I love baseball history as a whole and Sox history in particular. That needs to be around.

I have no interest in the "Kiss Cam", but if the Sox want to show photos on the scoreboard from way back when, I'm very interested.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:30 PM
WSI Personality

Default Survey

. It seems like they're concerned with what the fans think. I'm always glad to fill out my survey. It takes a few minutes to fill it out and I was surprised how many different questions they asked.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:31 PM
WSI Village Atheist

I told them to make smaller, more targeted surveys more often during the year. I think they'd get more feedback with a shorter time commitment.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:19 PM
WSI Guru

Meteor:

When I suggested to Brooks things like Bat Day, the Father's & Sons & Daughters Game or a game of former Sox players (three innings) he said that in the case of Bat Day, the insurance premiums are simply to steep to do that promotion again.

Lip
Old 03-21-2013, 07:12 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Meteor:

When I suggested to Brooks things like Bat Day, the Father's & Sons & Daughters Game or a game of former Sox players (three innings) he said that in the case of Bat Day, the insurance premiums are simply to steep to do that promotion again.

Lip
Lip: I could see that possibly being expensive. People walking around the concourse with wooden objects would be dangerous. Especially if the beer is warm or they ran out of churros.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:13 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Meteor:

Lip
So you do like other ballpark's do and give a ticket for a bat to the first 10,000 kids entering the park and then you redeem your ticket on the way out of the park for your bat.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedema View Post
So you do like other ballpark's do and give a ticket for a bat to the first 10,000 kids entering the park and then you redeem your ticket on the way out of the park for your bat.
The problem with that is that too many people would lose their ticket. Maybe having each person wear a bracelet or get stamped is a better option.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:18 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
The problem with that is that too many people would lose their ticket. Maybe having each person wear a bracelet or get stamped is a better option.

The Tigers handed out tickets a couple of years ago when I was up there to see the Sox and even the minor league Gary Ralicats handed out tickets for bats. You get your kids tickets and put them in your wallet until the game is over. It's not that hard.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:42 PM
WSI Guru

Wedema:

You should pass that along to Brooks. Maybe he doesn't know about the Tigers promotion or how they do it.

Would love to see Bat Day return.

Lip
Old 03-21-2013, 08:45 PM
WSI Personality

I suggested that they give us more pointers on how to spell rowdy and remind us more often to clap our hands.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:33 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
I suggested that they give us more pointers on how to spell rowdy and remind us more often to clap our hands.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:11 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteorsSox4367 View Post
Told them that promos like Mullet Night had run their course.

Definitely agree with this one.

"Hey everyone, let's have a promotion that makes our fanbase look like a bunch of dumbass hicks"
Old 03-21-2013, 11:42 PM
WSI Church Elder

I filled it out. I hope that the new pricing will bring the core fan out more often (and maybe bring a buddy or two with them). I suggested giving the 500 level people access to the concourse on games that are projected to draw <25k fans

2014: 1-1
Old 03-22-2013, 09:32 AM
WSI High Priest

I'm glad they keep doing this - I suggested a revamp of camera day with cell phones maybe with a tie-in by a certain cell phone company, and of course at least change up the in-game music/sounds. This isn't a college basketball game.