White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2014, 02:07 PM
WSI Personality

Default Cardinals Number One in Playoff Hateability Index

Looks like the Cardinals are starting to approach Yankee territory:

http://online.wsj.com/articles/the-2...008971?tesla=y
Old 10-03-2014, 02:26 PM
WSI Church Elder

Interesting that the Wall Street Journal identifies beards as a hate-ability factor. I'm guessing tie-less necks was their top factor, but all the teams came out even.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:36 PM
WSI Church Elder

And the Mayor of St. Louis responds, whereupon Deadspin annihilates him:

http://deadspin.com/the-mayor-of-st-...***-1642052026
Old 10-03-2014, 03:06 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxandtheCityTee View Post

Looks like the mayor drinks from the same delusional kool aide cup as do the fans of a certain Addison Street club.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:27 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxandtheCityTee View Post

The author also claims Stevie Wonder isn't really blind in this piece.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:34 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
The author also claims Stevie Wonder isn't really blind in this piece.
Except he doesn't actually do that; he links to another piece at Deadspin about crazy conspiracy theories, and there's a separate article about Wonder specifically.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
Except he doesn't actually do that; he links to another piece at Deadspin about crazy conspiracy theories, and there's a separate article about Wonder specifically.
The linked article isn't about crazy conspiracy theories, it is arguing that Stevie Wonder is faking blindness. And the link to the article which is specifically about Stevie Wonder faking blindness is embedded in the statement "Even Stevie Wonder can see this, because Stevie Wonder can see." I don't even know where you came up with the idea that the author linked to an article that was about "crazy conspiracy theories" in general, and that within that article, I happened to find a link to this other, and then just made up that the author claims Stevie Wonder is blind?!? That sounds almost like a conspiracy theory in itself. How'd that happen, you just pull something out of your rear end and think it will stick to the wall or what?

Last edited by TheVulture; 10-03-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:04 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
The linked article isn't about crazy conspiracy theories, it is arguing that Stevie Wonder is faking blindness. And the link to the article which is specifically about Stevie Wonder faking blindness is embedded in the statement "Even Stevie Wonder can see this, because Stevie Wonder can see." I don't even know where you came up with the idea that the author linked to an article that was about "crazy conspiracy theories" in general, and that within that article, I happened to find a link to this other, and then just made up that the author claims Stevie Wonder is blind?!? That sounds almost like a conspiracy theory in itself. How'd that happen, you just pull something out of your rear end and think it will stick to the wall or what?
I actually clicked on the link and read the article in question about Wonder. Like I said, it is based on the following article. The author of the original piece does not themselves posit Wonder is not blind. I am sorry you have poor reading comprehension.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/a-f...ers-1640831550
Old 10-04-2014, 12:37 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Since you are clearly not a regular Deadspin/Gawker reader, let me fill in some details for you: Earlier this week, one of their writers (actually the same author of the piece tearing apart the St. Louis' mayors op-ed) wrote a post about various "truther" theories; 9/11 truthers, Obama's not born in America truthers, Kennedy assassination truthers, Courtney Love killed Kurt Cobain truthers, etc. He basically summarized their loony theories and then proceeded to make fun of them.

After that post was published, he started getting tweets, emails, and messages asking why he didn't cover "Stevie Wonder Can See" conspiracy theorists. If you're not familiar with the generally playful tone of the website, I can see how you may mistake it for honest to god sincerity, but they're really just making fun of people who actually think Stevie Wonder has been faking being blind for the past 65 or so years.

Last edited by doublem23; 10-04-2014 at 01:58 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 01:08 AM
WSI High Priest

Go whoever plays the dead birds.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:06 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsider101 View Post
Looks like the mayor drinks from the same delusional kool aide cup as do the fans of a certain Addison Street club.
With one major exception - Cardinal fans actually have something to brag about and be proud of. Cub fans? Not so much, at least not in the real world.
And besides, any group of fans that detest the Cubs and Cub fans can't be ALL bad.

SMO
Old 10-04-2014, 02:23 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillMissOzzie View Post
With one major exception - Cardinal fans actually have something to brag about and be proud of. Cub fans? Not so much, at least not in the real world.
And besides, any group of fans that detest the Cubs and Cub fans can't be ALL bad.

SMO
Exactly. Go Cards 24/7.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:57 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Interesting that the Wall Street Journal identifies beards as a hate-ability factor. I'm guessing tie-less necks was their top factor, but all the teams came out even.
Joba Chamberlain's beard looks truly disgusting in that photo (my wife: "You just know there's gotta be bugs living in there."), but a guy who tattoos his Tommy John scar into a smiley face can't be all bad.

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"
Old 10-04-2014, 09:13 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOX ADDICT '73 View Post
Joba Chamberlain's beard looks truly disgusting in that photo (my wife: "You just know there's gotta be bugs living in there."), but a guy who tattoos his Tommy John scar into a smiley face can't be all bad.
Joba looked like Forrest Gump after the cross country run. Except without the physical fitness, of course.
It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. - A. Bartlett Giamatti
Old 10-04-2014, 10:25 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
I actually clicked on the link and read the article in question about Wonder. Like I said, it is based on the following article. The author of the original piece does not themselves posit Wonder is not blind. I am sorry you have poor reading comprehension.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/a-f...ers-1640831550
Oh really? I don't know why you are still bull ****ting?

"he links to another piece at Deadspin about crazy conspiracy theories, and there's a separate article about Wonder specifically." Maybe my reading comprehension is failing me here...

That is not the article linked in the story. Here is the article that is actually linked directly (as opposed to the one you are referencing is linked in the article, which appears nowhere in the article despite your claim!) within the text "Stevie Wonder can see:"
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/ste...nce-1641795715

"The Conclusion

No one is saying Stevie Wonder is definitely not blind. No one is saying that. That said, Stevie Wonder might not be blind."

How can you claim my reading comprehension is bad, when you are simply making things up? And why? Why would you post a link to another article and claim that is the story linked when it is not? If your reading comprehension is so great perhaps you can read the actual article linked in the story and provide a single quote from the story that indicates that the story is a parody.

Last edited by TheVulture; 10-04-2014 at 10:38 AM.