White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 07:36 PM
WSI Church Elder

In the summer of 69 I worked a 4-12 shift that sometimes went beyond midnight. I remember the break room and my sometimes lonely vigil catching a bit of Jack Drees and an awful Sox team on the overhead TV. All this while the "miracle of Addison Street" was playing itself out to its tragic conclusion. The next season made the 69 team look like a pennant contender. I've hung in there since 1957 through thick and thin and thinner.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:37 AM
WSI Regular

I'll always follow the Sox, good or bad. Baseball is the greatest game ever invented, and even though I get upset at times when the team is performing poorly, nothing beats sitting on the patio with some cold frosties listening to the game with my lovely wife. She's a big baseball fan, too.

Living in Michigan, we don't make it to the Cell for many games at all. Too expensive on our income level. When we do, its quite the treat. But we'll gladly settle for a nice summer night, a small fire, some eats, adult beverages and my trust transistor radio from when I was a kid. An old Zenith made in the 60's in Chicago, I believe. I'm 57, so I got my money's worth out of it.

When the Sox win, life is good. But even when they lose, there's usually another chance the next day. And its summer.

I don't really follow pro football. College football, yes. Go Blue! But baseball is my favorite. By far. Win or lose, I'll always be a White Sox fan. As was my Mom, who was a fan due to her grandfather who at one time owned a bar on the southside.

Nellie Fox was my great grandfather's favorite, and even though I can't remember if I ever saw him play, he's my favorite too. Nellie was a Freemason and so am I.

So, win or lose, I proudly wear my Sox hat year around. Sox fans where I live are few and far between. Mostly Cub and Tiger fans. So when I spot another Sox fan, I always represent.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:53 AM
WSI High Priest

If you love baseball...and the White Sox are part of your life...where else are you going to go to appreciate the beauty of the game?
Old 01-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

I still watch though if they are out of the race early I tend to spend less time watching games late in the season as other sports' seasons start, I don't enjoy the season as much but it still gives me joy. I still enjoy the 2012 season even though they didn't get to the playoffs. For 5.5 months they gave me plenty of happiness.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...