White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 11:32 AM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

Default Holiday sale

Dec 1

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news...r_cws&c_id=cws
Old 11-28-2012, 11:37 AM
New At WSI

Default Worth Attending?

Anyone ever been to a similar type of event? Do a lot of people show up? Was thinking of bringing my daughter in the hopes Southpaw would be there.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:45 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptmoberg View Post
Anyone ever been to a similar type of event? Do a lot of people show up? Was thinking of bringing my daughter in the hopes Southpaw would be there.

I went about 5 years ago. It's a nice event with reasonable prices. It's not swarmed with people, but get there early

Old 11-28-2012, 03:31 PM
WSI Church Elder

I've been that last few years. Last year we waited maybe 20 minutes to get inside since there was a limit to the number of people they allowed in the clubhouse.

Most of the 'game-used' stuff is overpriced but the regular merch has a decent discount. Considering its free its a nice chance to see the Sox clubhouse.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:08 PM
WSI Church Elder

Do they still have Uribe jerseys laying around? Because I totally would snag a cheap one.

My favorite mediocre player to play for one of my teams of all time. OF ALL TIME!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:37 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopaLoop View Post
Do they still have Uribe jerseys laying around? Because I totally would snag a cheap one.

My favorite mediocre player to play for one of my teams of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Juan Uribe was far from mediocre when he played for us. He was very clutch and I understand a great guy in the locker room as well.

When he was hot, he could carry the team for stretches at a time. I would welcome him back anytime...!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:44 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crestani View Post
Juan Uribe was far from mediocre when he played for us. He was very clutch and I understand a great guy in the locker room as well.

When he was hot, he could carry the team for stretches at a time. I would welcome him back anytime...!!!
He is a complete goof in the locker room from what I have heard. In a good way.

Best home run cut in history too.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:35 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopaLoop View Post
He is a complete goof in the locker room from what I have heard. In a good way.

Best home run cut in history too.
Profundo!
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:52 PM
WSI High Priest

The best thing about Juan Uribe, apart from his defense and power and his insatiable hunger for catching pop-ups, was undoubtedly the fact that before every single game he would go to Ed Farmer and predict that he would hit a home run in that game.

Last season I happend to be in Arizona for a Dodgers/Dbacks game, and Uribe was in the lineup for Los Angeles. I loudly cheered for him every time he came up, yelling "UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURIBE", "UUUUUUUUUUUURIBITO", and even "Orgullo Bani!", and he went 0-4 before finally reaching base on an error, at which point I just lost it with joy.

Everyone was looking at me like I was legitimately insane, but if you were a middling player on that 2005 team, I will love you and treat you like royalty for the rest of your life.
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Old 11-30-2012, 12:59 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
Profundo!
I forget who told a story about him. Might have been Cowley during a rain delay with Ranger. He said Uribe had his own chant for himself, he'd go Ooh Ooh URIBE!

That always cracked me up.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:01 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish View Post
The best thing about Juan Uribe, apart from his defense and power and his insatiable hunger for catching pop-ups, was undoubtedly the fact that before every single game he would go to Ed Farmer and predict that he would hit a home run in that game.

Last season I happend to be in Arizona for a Dodgers/Dbacks game, and Uribe was in the lineup for Los Angeles. I loudly cheered for him every time he came up, yelling "UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURIBE", "UUUUUUUUUUUURIBITO", and even "Orgullo Bani!", and he went 0-4 before finally reaching base on an error, at which point I just lost it with joy.

Everyone was looking at me like I was legitimately insane, but if you were a middling player on that 2005 team, I will love you and treat you like royalty for the rest of your life.
Lol, exactly. He will always be one of my favorite White Sox players ever.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:49 PM
WSI Church Elder

Disorganized and about 25% of the merch as in previous years. Severely disappointing.

A least that one security guard told us 20 times that the appetizers were 1/2 price at Bacardi at the Park.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:33 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Disorganized and about 25% of the merch as in previous years. Severely disappointing.

A least that one security guard told us 20 times that the appetizers were 1/2 price at Bacardi at the Park.
I was disappointed. Only good thing was Nite Train Veeck showed us a few options for season tickets by actually walking to the seats. It was the same d stuff in the sale though and the half price appetizers were too expensive still. I just wanted a churro!
Old 12-01-2012, 03:51 PM
WSI Personality

Agreed that this year's sale was very disappointing and I was extremely surprised at how large the line was this morning. Past clubhouse sales were less crowded and had better variety of merchandise by far. My guess is they want you to go to the Sports Depot across the street to buy current player merchandise rather than just leave shirts and stuff in their lockers.

Baccardi's was very understaffed today too. I tried it for the first time and the food was very good, but they only had two people working the bar and table area when I went in. I felt bad for the guy and gave him a good tip since they were doing their best.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:31 PM
WSI Church Elder

What an overall terrible experience. I've gone to this sale just about every year so far and today was horrible. Disorganized and horrible selection. It turned into a free for all around 11 when they decided to let everyone inside.

2008 Sox Record 9-4

2008-09 Hawks Record 5-0
2009 Sox Record 5-2
2009-10 Hawks Record 2-0
2010 Sox Record 7-6
2010-11 Hawks Record 4-1
2011 Sox Record 8-9