White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Alright, time to see what all these changes will bring... GO SOX!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 01:07 PM
WSI High Priest

Big fan of ''Field of Dreams''?

Mark Grace is probably headed to prison for at least a couple of years for this kind of stunt.
Pudge better call a cab next time.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:41 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
I've heard an endless stream of Fisk is an a$$hat stories . He has a history of being a major dbag to the fans.
He also has his good days with the fans too. My grandpa met him right after his playing days were over, and his son was playing against my brother in a little league game (probably 6-7 year old range.)

Spent a good amount of time just jawing with my grandpa while watching the game like any normal Dad. My brother was one of those true "student of the game" type players who loved watching MLB games to pick up how to play the game.

Pudge commented on my brother, who was playing catcher, tossing his mask on a pop out and throwing the ball over to 3rd after my grandpa had told Fisk about how my brother studied how to play the game.

"Wonder where he picked that up?" Pudge joked.

I hope that Fisk can get the help he needs. Man might be a jerk at times, but I certainly don't want to wake up one morning to see the headline:

"Sox Hall of Famer Fisk in Drunk Driving Accident."

Breast Cancer Awareness doesn't end on Oct. 31st. Folks, get educated on it and get involved. Ladies, please get tested. For more info, visit www.komen.org.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:42 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjt View Post
Big fan of ''Field of Dreams''?

Mark Grace is probably headed to prison for at least a couple of years for this kind of stunt.
Pudge better call a cab next time.
Grace will do 4 months at some sort of tent city place because its mandatory for his charge. He won't do any other time unless they are trying to make an example out of him.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:45 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontman View Post
He also has his good days with the fans too. My grandpa met him right after his playing days were over, and his son was playing against my brother in a little league game (probably 6-7 year old range.)

Spent a good amount of time just jawing with my grandpa while watching the game like any normal Dad. My brother was one of those true "student of the game" type players who loved watching MLB games to pick up how to play the game.

Pudge commented on my brother, who was playing catcher, tossing his mask on a pop out and throwing the ball over to 3rd after my grandpa had told Fisk about how my brother studied how to play the game.

"Wonder where he picked that up?" Pudge joked.

I hope that Fisk can get the help he needs. Man might be a jerk at times, but I certainly don't want to wake up one morning to see the headline:

"Sox Hall of Famer Fisk in Drunk Driving Accident."
Confused by the bolded comment. Fisk was released/retired in 1993. His son was 21 years old at the time, so certainly wouldn't be playing in any little league baseball game.

I think it's interesting, he's a kind of a mixed bag. Sometimes a good guy, sometimes a jagbag. Hopefully when you meet him, you get the good guy, not the jagbag but you never know...
Old 10-29-2012, 12:43 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveFisk View Post
Confused by the bolded comment. Fisk was released/retired in 1993. His son was 21 years old at the time, so certainly wouldn't be playing in any little league baseball game.

I think it's interesting, he's a kind of a mixed bag. Sometimes a good guy, sometimes a jagbag. Hopefully when you meet him, you get the good guy, not the jagbag but you never know...
Casey was a pitcher on ISU's baseball team.He used to be at some of the games here in Normal.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:28 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveFisk View Post

Actually, I was wrong on the timing. He still was playing for the Sox at that time. I met him post retirement a few times. Sorry on the confusion there. His kid was in little league, so this would of been early/mid 80's.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:24 AM
WSI Regular

He definitely has some demons. Thank God he didn't hurt anyone.....
Old 11-01-2012, 08:28 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
Bad and worse, perhaps, but there is no defending a DUI in any situation.
+1, Spivack. I've seen too many lives ended or tragically altered to have any patience with this crap.
It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. - A. Bartlett Giamatti
Old 11-01-2012, 08:52 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS in 05 View Post
Neighbors? Said cornfields are basically my backyard. To bad I was at Bears game. Otherwise I could have met unconsious drunk Carlton Fisk.
What a great photo op! Imagine a picture of you and and a passed out Carlton Fisk in the cab of his truck!

(I'm only laughing at this because no one was hurt besides Fisk's reputation).
Old 11-01-2012, 10:03 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Barchetta View Post
(I'm only laughing at this because no one was hurt besides Fisk's reputation).
And his truck

0-2

LAST GAME: April 16 - Boston 6, Sox 4 (14)
NEXT GAME: April 26 vs. Tampa Bay
Old 11-01-2012, 04:04 PM
WSI Church Elder

Yea one should not be ordering up a liter of Smirnoff and driving. I was in New Lenox for a seminar a number of yrs back and recall mentioning his name to someone. They told me that he lived sorta in the country, had a long lane and pretty much kept to himself. But that he would make a scene at some ballgames when he tried second guessing his kids manager. Her comment to me was "Hes not a nice man" FWIW

Hope he is going to be alright and he finds the help he needs

RIP Casey Viator youngest ever AAU Mr America (age 19)