White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 12:18 AM
WSI Guru

The #1 player in MLB history ways in:

https://twitter.com/TheDA53/status/256261080576294912
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-2.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:21 AM
WSI Church Elder

That was freaking awesome!

By the way, nobody can complain about the temporary 2-3 format at least. It was looking like the A's would be the team that gets screwed by it, but now it's a moot point.

Hopefully all the division series can go 5.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:40 AM
WSI Guru

Two great American League playoff games tonight. That's what baseball is all about right there.

I've give props to Girardi. Not every manager would have the stones to pinch hit for a player with 647 career home runs and a $29 million per year salary. But even if Ibanez had popped out to the second baseman, it was a great move by the Yankee manager. A-Rod sucks right now. He would have had no chance against Johnson, so you try somebody else. It came up aces for New York. Heartbreak for Baltimore and its fans. The Orioles were two outs away from being in the driver's seat.

And, yeah, screw Valverde. When the inning started, I was thinking, "Somebody get on for Smith." That guy just seemed like he would match up well with Valverde, who was excessively reliant on his fastball for some reason. Huge hit by Smith to tie the game, then an even bigger hit by Crisp with two outs.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 10-11-2012, 12:43 AM
WSI Church Elder

I love watching Valverde blow games.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:09 AM
WSI Regular

I just got home from that A's game (game 4). That was the most incredible game I have ever seen in person (i wasnt at any of the Sox playoff gsmes in 05). So much at stake and to do it like that....amazing. The few tiger fans, after foolishly gloating all game, sheepishly sneak out after Coco's hit. The A's fans stayed around and were basically screaming and partying for 25 minutes afterwards. They nearly tore the place to the ground...

(Brian Anderson on HGH) "I can play center field....put me in coach!"
Old 10-11-2012, 07:24 AM
WSI Personality

Old 10-11-2012, 09:19 AM
WSI Church Elder

i'm really hoping for an O's-A's match up .. i'm sure the media would hate that, but i think it would be a great series ..
Old 10-11-2012, 09:38 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
Valverde melting down in a clincher game for Detroit. Here I though there was no way the 2012 postseason could make me happy after the Sox choked. I stand corrected. That was enjoyable to see.
God, I wished I'd stayed awake long enough to see that.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:00 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Sock View Post
I just got home from that A's game (game 4). That was the most incredible game I have ever seen in person (i wasnt at any of the Sox playoff gsmes in 05). So much at stake and to do it like that....amazing. The few tiger fans, after foolishly gloating all game, sheepishly sneak out after Coco's hit. The A's fans stayed around and were basically screaming and partying for 25 minutes afterwards. They nearly tore the place to the ground...
I've been to a few walk-off Sox losses at the park in Oakland, whatever they were calling it at the time. The crowds were small, but even then it was tough, walking out of the ballpark, waiting for and riding the BART with all those celebrating A's fans. In mid September, I was pondering the possibility of going to Sox postseason games in Oakland, and the thought of what happened to the Tigers last night was the first thing that crossed my mind.

Not that I feel bad for Tigers fans. The Tigers are higher up on my hate list than the A's at the moment, and watching their fans suffer is pleasurable.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:00 AM
WSI Prelate

**** Detroit.

it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you.

http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xh2dx6

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:08 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalehosePlanet View Post
**** you El Douche Grande!
Great nickname. From now on Valverde will be referred to as EDG, much like TCM and TCQ, in my household.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:54 AM
WSI High Priest

MLB has struck gold so far this postseason.

All they need is for the Nats and O's to win today,and you have 20 postseason games out of a possible 20!

I love game 5' s or game 7's....

Really pulling for the A's to beat Verlander...not easy..you just know that Verlander will throw 150 pitches if necessary,but would love to see if Leyland will go back to El Douche today with a one run lead.

Feel bad for the O's. Incredible season of no walkoff losses ends at the worst possible time. Must bounce back today.

Rooting for the Giants.
Would not mind a Giants-A's or O's- Nats World Series....local rivals!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:41 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwar View Post
i'm really hoping for an O's-A's match up .. i'm sure the media would hate that, but i think it would be a great series ..
Excluding Tigers and Yankees fans, I think nearly everyone is cheering for that match up.

The Reds are falling apart. Buster Posey just hit a grand slam and now it's 6-0 Giants. And all they had to do was win 1 game at home. Baseball is a crazy sport.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:27 PM
WSI Church Elder

I was planning on listening to the SF/Cincy game today during work but as soon as I heard Berman's voice, I had to turn it off. I can't believe that turd is doing radio broadcasts too. Ugh.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:44 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenturaFan23 View Post
I was planning on listening to the SF/Cincy game today during work but as soon as I heard Berman's voice, I had to turn it off. I can't believe that turd is doing radio broadcasts too. Ugh.
Same thing happened to me yesterday. I had some errands to run so I thought I'd listen to a game a bit in the car...and then I heard Berman and changed the station.