White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2012, 06:50 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxfanatic View Post
It's probably good that I'm on a high right now, because I'm absolutely loving my new job so far, or else I'd probably be really pissed. They wasted a few easy scoring opportunities.
Yes! Exactly! Me too!

2014: 4-8 plus Fenway and HOF weekend
2013: 4-6 plus St. Louis and Milwaukee
2012: 7-4
2011: 6-4 plus NYC parks and Minnesota
2010: 5-6
2009: 2-4 plus Pittsburgh

"Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform ó and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled."
--David Foster Wallace, () "Roger Federer as Religious Experience"
Old 09-01-2012, 08:13 AM
WSI Regular

Do we lose every time we wear the black alts or does it just seem that way? Anyone got stats on that?
Old 09-01-2012, 08:39 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
Peavy didn't look good but he pitched well enough not to lose, he had no business being out there in the seventh.
HUH????? Obviously Thorton didn't help matters. But Peavy himself gave up 4 runs in 6 innings. That means even if he didn't come out for the 7th, for the game his ERA was 6. The White Sox average 4.7 runs a game which ranks them in the top 5 in AL. Peavy pitched lousy enough to lose
Old 09-01-2012, 08:43 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxSpeed22 View Post
I think Detroit seems to be getting lucky with the schedule, they keep catching us at the tail end of a tough road trip. I think we can beat them during our next homestand.

Sorry, 4 games in Baltimore is not a tough roadtrip for a veteran team. 7 games on the west coast might be or 10 games against AL East teams might be. They played like they got "bad crab" in Baltimore.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:07 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
I'll postscript all of that by saying from here on out the Tigers need to be 3 games better than the Sox, which as long as the Sox take care of business against everyone that isn't KC and the Tigers, they should be fine.

The Sox have 6 left against Minny, 6 against the Tribe, and 3 in LA against a floundering Angels team.

I said after the second game of the KC sweep that the 13 remaining games at that point against KC and Detroit will determine the Sox fate, I stand by that and thus far the Sox are 0-2 in those games.
The halos have won four in a row and eight of ten. That won't be easy.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:17 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
Sorry, 4 games in Baltimore is not a tough roadtrip for a veteran team. 7 games on the west coast might be or 10 games against AL East teams might be. They played like they got "bad crab" in Baltimore.

You mean the O's that are the hottest team in the AL East, beat the Yanks in NY last nite,and are only 2 games back of the Yanks for the lead in the AL East?

Right now, the O's,Rangers and the A's are the best teams in the AL....playing them is not good.

As for last nite's game.....cluster.... Fister was ripe for the picking,and we go like 0-13 with RISP. 5 hits...an infield by Gordo,grounder up the middle by Tank,a ducksnort by Dunn,and two solid hits by AJ...thats it. Right now,this team cannot hit or pitch much at all. Frustrating as hell. PK,Alex,Dunn,Wise,and Youk all funking at the same time....ouch.

But, the sun almost came up today....Sox need one win this weekend....go make it happen,Sox!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:43 AM
WSI Church Elder

In one game, the White Sox regressed to the mean for runners in scoring position. That was the one to steal.

Doubted sending Peavy out for the seventh in that tie game. Yes, he'd only thrown 90-whatever pitches, but they were high-stress.

Pat him on the butt after finally getting 1-2-3 in the sixth. Your bullpen is rested.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:13 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post
Interesting observations. If that's the case, how can Ventura keep trotting out AJ behind the plate when Peavy is starting.

I was harping on that all night in the game thread. Sorry for those who had to hear me yapping like a madman.
Flowers has been his personal catcher for a while now. I wouldn't have been surprised if those 2 went after each other in the dugout last night.

Wise positions himself like an ******* in CF.

Both these teams are bad right now. If they don't pick it up, the team that limps into the play offs is going to get embarrassed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 09-01-2012, 11:13 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjt View Post
You mean the O's that are the hottest team in the AL East, beat the Yanks in NY last nite,and are only 2 games back of the Yanks for the lead in the AL East?

Right now, the O's,Rangers and the A's are the best teams in the AL....playing them is not good.

!
Regardless of how well Baltimore is playing, a flight from Chicago to Baltimore and playing 4 games should not be a problem for a major league baseball team. They did not travel from Chicago-Baltimore-Detroit by covered wagon. The White Sox played poorly last night, but blaming the "tough road trip" before it is a joke.
Many Little League World Series Teams travelled farther to Williamsport Pa. for their games than the White Sox did on this exhausting trip before they arrived in Detroit.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:18 AM
WSI High Priest

Big boppers need to bop.

Like the ALCS in 1983 and the ALDS in 2000- when the big boppers don't bop- the whole thing dries up.

Heading into the weekend- I felt Dunn/Konerko were the top indicators of how we do this weekend- not a good start.

Might need to look at Veal as the key LH out of the pen- Thornton really **** the bed last night- unacceptable for a veteran in a huge game.

As others have mentioned- I would have liked to see TCM, Beckham and Wise dropping bunts towards Cabrera- force Leyland to DH him-
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 09-01-2012, 11:22 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Regardless of how well Baltimore is playing, a flight from Chicago to Baltimore and playing 4 games should not be a problem for a major league baseball team. They did not travel from Chicago-Baltimore-Detroit by covered wagon. The White Sox played poorly last night, but blaming the "tough road trip" before it is a joke.
Many Little League World Series Teams travelled farther to Williamsport Pa. for their games than the White Sox did on this exhausting trip before they arrived in Detroit.
No, but that would have been interesting. Who rides shotgun? AJ? Peavy because he's a hunter? Who drives the wagon? The captain?
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-2.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:26 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
No, but that would have been interesting. Who rides shotgun? AJ? Peavy because he's a hunter? Who drives the wagon? The captain?
Also have to swing well wide of Cleveland to avoid the Indians.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:42 AM
WSI Church Elder

I think looking at games in isolation would drive me crazy. I have to look at them in the context of the season. KC recently swept us and then Detroit... that doesn't make them a better team than either of the other two in the standings. It makes them a better team for a week.

We are the best hitting team with RISP in the league but last night had an 0-fer I believe. We were a Youkilis line drive 2 feet either way of scoring at least 2, maybe 3, more runs at a critical time. That's baseball. Life is tough.

Detroit pitching and fielding tried to give us a game last night but our pitching and hitting wouldn't take it. Peavy didn't have any control on the night. That doesn't mean he's suddenly bad or overworked or anything other than he didn't have it on the night.

Let's get a win tonight please. Any way will do.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:14 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Also have to swing well wide of Cleveland to avoid the Indians.
Good point! Also have to be careful of the river Pirates when fording the Allegheny, Monanghela, or the Ohio.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:19 PM
WSI Church Elder

disappointing game. Both that they lost - and how they lost.

Let's hope Liriano pitches a gem tonight and the Sox get one or two or three clutch hits. The dark clouds will clear and the sun will be shining.

Maybe even at my house.