White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:25 PM
Tragg Tragg is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 12,907
Blog Entries: 2
Default

I saw two problems this evening: we didn't hit and we didn't pitch.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:25 PM
cv sox fan cv sox fan is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: cherryvalley Il.
Posts: 43
Default

typical no fault of robins! we hardly ever bunt. we run thorton out every seventh just to see him give up hits . dunn is only hitting .203 but hits in the 3 hole. beckham is lost at the plate with risp.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:26 PM
dwitt76 dwitt76 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 637
Default

5th straight loss against Detroit
__________________
2013 attendance record 1-2
Next game: TBD
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:26 PM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is offline
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 53,998
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv sox fan View Post
typical no fault of robins! we hardly ever bunt. we run thorton out every seventh just to see him give up hits . dunn is only hitting .203 but hits in the 3 hole. beckham is lost at the plate with risp.
Without Robin this series might not mean anything.
__________________
2014 Obligatory Attendance & Record Tracker

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:27 PM
soltrain21 soltrain21 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orland Park
Posts: 14,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv sox fan View Post
typical no fault of robins! we hardly ever bunt. we run thorton out every seventh just to see him give up hits . dunn is only hitting .203 but hits in the 3 hole. beckham is lost at the plate with risp.
First place in September.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:28 PM
guillensdisciple guillensdisciple is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Posts: 13,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post

Without Robin this series might not mean anything.
Yup. Loved Ozzie, but Ventura is a huge part of the reason why we are where we are.

I get on him for bullpen management, but he has been outstanding this year.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRy33ukckCs

it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you.

http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xh2dx6

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:29 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 14,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv sox fan View Post
typical no fault of robins! we hardly ever bunt. we run thorton out every seventh just to see him give up hits . dunn is only hitting .203 but hits in the 3 hole. beckham is lost at the plate with risp.
There isn't anyone on this team that can bunt other than De Aza and maybe Wise. Maybe AJ, but why have him bunt? Dunn is what he is and I agree that he's very frustrating and not that good. As for Beckham he has been hitting much better the past two weeks and to my untrained eye it looks like he has made some changes in his swing.
__________________

Go Sox!!!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Jollyroger2 Jollyroger2 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
It means that there is a month of baseball left to be played and that a bad week is no reason to start jumping off the ledge when we're still in first and up by 2.
Here's the issues with that. They have five more head to head matchups with these guys, and have now lost 8 of the last 10 vs. them, with many of the games in ugly fashion. They have proven they could play well at times and have done well vs. some very good teams. But they have been remarkably inconsistent. Last time they were in Detroit they got swept. In the key series in Baltimore they dropped three of four.

I'm not happy with mediocrity and I'm not falling back on the "well we shouldn't even be here" excuse. That might work in May or June but this is (almost) September. This team has shown it can play well but they are maddeningly inconsistent. And I'm sick of losing to these jerks. Maybe some people will be content with missing the playoffs but not me. Part of me was hoping the Sox would come out and whip these guys for a change but I should have known better.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Golden Sox Golden Sox is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oswego, Illinois
Posts: 773
Default I Hope

1) I hope the White Sox get into the playoffs this season. 2) I hope Adam Dunn finishes up with 40 plus home runs and 100 plus RBIs 3) I hope Dunn gets traded in the off season. Was anybody surprised when he struck out with the bases loaded in the 4th inning? He hit 50 points higher in the National League. He's not doing that here. I feel with his home run and rbi numbers we should be able to move him back into the National League. I hope he's not with the White Sox next year.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:31 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 14,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyroger2 View Post
Here's the issues with that. They have five more head to head matchups with these guys, and have now lost 8 of the last 10 vs. them, with many of the games in ugly fashion. They have proven they could play well at times and have done well vs. some very good teams. But they have been remarkably inconsistent. Last time they were in Detroit they got swept. In the key series in Baltimore they dropped three of four.

I'm not happy with mediocrity and I'm not falling back on the "well we shouldn't even be here" excuse. That might work in May or June but this is (almost) September. This team has shown it can play well but they are maddeningly inconsistent. And I'm sick of losing to these jerks. Maybe some people will be content with missing the playoffs but not me. Part of me was hoping the Sox would come out and whip these guys for a change but I should have known better.
The good news is that after this series we don't have to go back to Detroit. This team is maddeningly inconsistent, that's what they are. This team is a lot closer to the 2008 team than the 2005 team and all we can do is hope they get hot at the right time and can get into the playoffs and maybe do some damage.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:33 PM
DSpivack DSpivack is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Evanston
Posts: 28,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
1) I hope the White Sox get into the playoffs this season. 2) I hope Adam Dunn finishes up with 40 plus home runs and 100 plus RBIs 3) I hope Dunn gets traded in the off season. Was anybody surprised when he struck out with the bases loaded in the 4th inning? He hit 50 points higher in the National League. He's not doing that here. I feel with his home run and rbi numbers we should be able to move him back into the National League. I hope he's not with the White Sox next year.
Should we trade Beckham, Ramirez, and Viciedo, too? They have much lower OBPs than Dunn.
__________________
Attendance records:
09 : 3-2.
10 : 2-3.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-2.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:33 PM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is offline
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 53,998
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyroger2 View Post
Here's the issues with that. They have five more head to head matchups with these guys, and have now lost 8 of the last 10 vs. them, with many of the games in ugly fashion. They have proven they could play well at times and have done well vs. some very good teams. But they have been remarkably inconsistent. Last time they were in Detroit they got swept. In the key series in Baltimore they dropped three of four.

I'm not happy with mediocrity and I'm not falling back on the "well we shouldn't even be here" excuse. That might work in May or June but this is (almost) September. This team has shown it can play well but they are maddeningly inconsistent. And I'm sick of losing to these jerks. Maybe some people will be content with missing the playoffs but not me. Part of me was hoping the Sox would come out and whip these guys for a change but I should have known better.
The Sox have actually been very consistent this year. You can take just about any decent sized chunk of the season and the Sox have played about as well as they have all year long.

April... 11-11
May... 18-11
June... 13-14
July... 14-11
August... 16-12

That's actually very consistent for any MLB team.

As for people who keep posting the Sox's record against the Tigers, ****, you guys realize that has no bearing whatsoever on the rest of the games we have with Detroit, right? It wouldn't matter if the Sox were 10-0 against them or 0-10. The Tigers had owned KC this season, too, and look what happened to them earlier this week.

The Sox will be fine. Just relax. However content or not content you personally are with making or missing the playoffs is also completely irrelevant. Just relax, people. This is what you want when you decide to be a baseball fan. Meaningful, tough games late in the season.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:34 PM
thomas35forever thomas35forever is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lombard
Posts: 23,539
Default

Had our chances with RISP and failed. Pitching was bad too. Bad night. Now move on to tomorrow.
__________________
Bullpen wanted
Good arms now being accepted at 333 W. 35th Street, Chicago
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:36 PM
GlassSox's Avatar
GlassSox GlassSox is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lincoln Park
Posts: 2,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas35forever View Post
Had our chances with RISP and failed. Pitching was bad too. Bad night. Now move on to tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:36 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 26,378
Default

In the six remaining games with Detroit the Sox will face Verlander twice. Keep that in mind (I'm sure the Sox hitters are...)

Lip
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.