White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #196  
Old 07-24-2012, 01:51 AM
SoxSpeed22 SoxSpeed22 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,921
Default

I didn't even know Walker was in Winston-Salem. Homering off of a guy who's projected to be a front-line starter is a heck of a thing.
Walker was only called up last week after posting a .395 OBP in Kanny. Good to see him moving up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 07-24-2012, 12:23 PM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default

Jared Mitchell and his 30% K rate promoted to Charlotte.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 07-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Frater Perdurabo Frater Perdurabo is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 18,253
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox
Jared Mitchell and his 30% K rate promoted to Charlotte.
Hypothetical for discussion: Let's say Mitchell cuts down on his Ks and raises his bating average without significantly sacrificing power or walks, and is ready for 2013 (or even 2014), and doesn't get traded. What happens with the Sox roster? Do you trade Rios, Viciedo or DeAza? Or trade Dunn or PK (or not re-sign him) with the one who stays playing 1B, and Viciedo moving to DH? Or do you work Mitchell into an OF rotation?
__________________
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 07-24-2012, 11:21 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 14,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
Hypothetical for discussion: Let's say Mitchell cuts down on his Ks and raises his bating average without significantly sacrificing power or walks, and is ready for 2013 (or even 2014), and doesn't get traded. What happens with the Sox roster? Do you trade Rios, Viciedo or DeAza? Or trade Dunn or PK (or not re-sign him) with the one who stays playing 1B, and Viciedo moving to DH? Or do you work Mitchell into an OF rotation?
Well, I think that that scenario is unlikely to happen but I would probably get rid of Vicideo at this point. I think that Mitchell projects as a corner outfielder with some power and I don't think that Dayan will ever be the hitter we thought he was going to be. But that is just me.
__________________

Go Sox!!!
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 07-25-2012, 02:14 PM
SoxSpeed22 SoxSpeed22 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,921
Default

Kevan Smith and Scott Snodgress called up to WS. Snodgress with 10K in his Carolina league debut.
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old 07-29-2012, 02:48 AM
guillensdisciple guillensdisciple is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Posts: 13,980
Default

Anyone know the deal with this Sanchez kid? I see that he is tearing it up but can't get good scouting on him.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRy33ukckCs

it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you.

http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xh2dx6

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 07-29-2012, 01:36 PM
DSpivack DSpivack is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Evanston
Posts: 29,098
Default

Tyler Saladino was on NPR.

http://www.npr.org/2012/07/29/157554...-minor-leagues
__________________
Attendance records:
09 : 3-2.
10 : 2-3.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 07-30-2012, 12:49 AM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillensdisciple View Post
Anyone know the deal with this Sanchez kid? I see that he is tearing it up but can't get good scouting on him.
Likely a 2B in the long run. Not much power projection, but he can hit. He's a solid prospect.
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 07-30-2012, 01:29 AM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is offline
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 54,333
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox View Post
Likely a 2B in the long run. Not much power projection, but he can hit. He's a solid prospect.
Who has been playing 2B in Birmingham since Sanchez was promoted and he and Saladino are on the same team?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 08-01-2012, 10:54 PM
KyWhiSoxFan KyWhiSoxFan is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 2,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Who has been playing 2B in Birmingham since Sanchez was promoted and he and Saladino are on the same team?
Saladino was moved up to Charlotte when Olmedo was promoted. Sanchez played 2B in Birmingham, with Paiml at SS, today.
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 08-02-2012, 04:18 AM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is offline
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 54,333
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyWhiSoxFan View Post
Saladino was moved up to Charlotte when Olmedo was promoted. Sanchez played 2B in Birmingham, with Paiml at SS, today.
Ah, cool, thanks. I didn't see Tyler is up to AAA now. Saladino and Sanchez were still on the same team for about 7-10 days, though, right? Who played the majority of 2B during that time?
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 08-03-2012, 01:08 PM
KyWhiSoxFan KyWhiSoxFan is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 2,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Ah, cool, thanks. I didn't see Tyler is up to AAA now. Saladino and Sanchez were still on the same team for about 7-10 days, though, right? Who played the majority of 2B during that time?
Saladino almost always played SS at Birmingham. Occasionally, he would play 2B and Sanchez would move to SS, but that was the exception.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 08-09-2012, 09:47 PM
BigHurt3515 BigHurt3515 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,564
Default

I really hope this Sanchez kid is pretty good defensively at 3rd
He is batting .387 in AA
__________________
"Win or Die Trying"

Sox attendence record
5-3 (from St. Louis)

Next game: TBD
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 08-09-2012, 09:49 PM
DSpivack DSpivack is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Evanston
Posts: 29,098
Default

Tyler Kuhn was traded to Arizona. No word yet on the return.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 08-09-2012, 10:20 PM
DonnieDarko DonnieDarko is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northwest Side, 60626
Posts: 2,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHurt3515 View Post
I really hope this Sanchez kid is pretty good defensively at 3rd
He is batting .387 in AA
Is 3rd his natural position?
__________________

2014 PtC Score: 1
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.