White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2011, 12:38 AM
WSI Church Elder

Games where you play like **** and still win are a good sign.
WSI High Priest

Location: In the water barrel off the now-finished Borman Expressway

Absolutely "had-to-have-it" game. Lose this one and you're back to 4.5 back, and you fall 2.5 behind Cleveland.

You don't lose ground to Detroit, and now Cleveland is in trouble, especially with their pen having to go 9+ innings and Carmona (who the Sox have destroyed this year) going tonight.

Obligatory 2014 attendance record: 1-0

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

JACK....IS....BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WSI High Priest

They lose this game in April. They lose this game in May. They lose this game in June.

A win tomorrow means SOLE possession of 2nd place.

This team is hell-bent on giving us all ulcers, but I'll be damned if I'm not watching.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:39 AM
WSI Regular

Would have went nuts if they didn't win this game after so many blown opportunities.

That took a toll on me any probably the Sox pitching staff.

Might have to go back to not watching them after this one, they seemed to get by the last week and a half.
WSI Church Elder

We out hit them by 12 and beat them by 1...what a crazy game. Wasn't without it's usual maddening, frustrating moments, but hey that's the 2011 White Sox. Nice to be on the winning end of one of these, finally.

Thanks boys for wiping that nasty taste I've had in my mouth for 2 hours or so.
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

I'm exhausted. I am simply beat to ****. I have almost nothing left, yet like the Sox tonight. Like they have all season. I too refused to quit. Guess that makes me the ATC (admin to click... no seriously... don't click me... see? I'm loopy... loopy but very very happy!) I had to refrain from screaming **** YEAH! when Juan did his thing in the 14th - is there another player on the team save Paulie you want batting in that situation? The man just puts the bat on the ball time and time and time again. Of course Paulie wouldn't have been batting in that situation, because if he had still been in the game they would have walked him very intentionally. Which does bring me to the point others were making in the game thread and something I was intentionally avoiding thinking about during those final few innings that final lineup was um... bad...

But they got it done...

1 game OVER! 4 games back...

(sorry for the streaming consciousness post, like I said, I'm not all here at the moment...)

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 08-17-2011, 12:40 AM
WSI High Priest

This was the most crazy, entertaining, tormenting, torture filled, splendid game I've ever seen this year. It felt like a playoff game and you can tell that both teams wanted this one bad.

Celebrate tonight Sox fans. Mt. Everest has been climbed. We are over .500 at least for one day!
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
WSI Personality

So frustrating that we blew the save. I really thought Rios was going to lay out and make that play.... I guess I should know better than that.

5 triples and 22 hits (crazy offensive showing even for 14 innings) and 19K's by White Sox pitchers - nice night!

I hope they aren't too tired the rest of the week
WSI Regular

22 hits and a deep extra inning loss would be tough and deflating, and it was costly for the bullpen, but we'll take it, more of a relief, hopefully a big lift.
WSI High Priest

Two tidbits about this game...

1. If the Sox have already won our 60 and lost our 60 then I may die from these final 41 after tonight. Christ.

2. Text of the night from my buddy, "I'm officially ALL IN for this team to destroy my life again."

Until tomorrow.

Oy...

2014 White Sox Concession Tracker:
4 Miller Lite's
3 Half Acre Daisy Cutters
1 Hot Dog
1 Polish

It's gone.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:42 AM
WSI Church Elder

De Aza and even Flowers have injected some energy into the team. Even the dugout is awake now.

Pierre went from being one of the worst players in the majors to a very good contributor. Good for him.

It was something to see us hit five triples.

Rios should have caught that ball in the ninth. It would have ended the game.

It was unbelievable how many bad pitches the home plate umpire was calling strikes.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:43 AM
New At WSI

Well, I have been reading these post game threads almost religiously since game number 163 and I always liked the ones where we won a lot more. After that crazy game, figured it would be a perfect time to finally post.

Holy cow... What a game. Can not help but be optimistic with the White Sox (no matter how frustrating they have been this year). Calling it now, the W Sox finish 102-60
Old 08-17-2011, 12:43 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
1 game OVER! 4 games back...
3 1/2 actually. It's okay, though. Most everyone here is tired.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:45 AM
WSI Personality

Pure torture. Did we win? God.

Each time I think "that was the most wild and painful game i've seen in years" they just keep churning out more of these gems. Somehow, they came out on the winning end this time.

Alex Rios: Costs us the game ending sure double play as a "defensive" replacement in the bottom of the ninth, by letting a bloop, easy ball land right in front of him. He laid up on it, and he let it drop.

Dunn: More awfulness from him. Its August 16th (it was when he batted) he ISNT COMING OUT OF IT.

De Aza: Ozzie won't let him play even after his hustle, and great hitting performance tonight. Rios will be back out there soon, costing us games. Can't wait.

Let the kids play. They are providing something that this team has been lacking all season. Hustle, spark, effort. How about Flowers digging hard out of the box for his triple? Bring up Dayan. Let him DH. Dunn, bench. De Aza in center, Rios bench. Defensive replacement needed? De Aza, keep him in center, Quentin, keep him in right. None needed.

Rios and Dunn aren't rally killers, they are season killers. If Ozzie continues to give them playing time, they will drive this team right into the ground, quelling any chance at this division. We have seen enough. Time to make the right decision. Don't macho bull**** this team's chances away Ozzie. Bench these two guys. They don't have it this year. It's 2012 for them. Please.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:45 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyvsox View Post

Oh....and no Dunn tomorrow, please Ozzie, I'm begging you.
Dunn has to play vs. some righties until Paul can play 1st. Lillibridge cant be a everyday player at 1st.