Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2011, 11:48 AM
WSI Regular

Default Roger Bossard Bobblehead Giveaway on June 12th. Gone?

Looks like it has disappeared from the promotion giveaway schedule.

It was for this Sunday June 12th...
Old 06-08-2011, 11:56 AM
WSI Regular

Sorry, here's the promotion weblink:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/sche..._id=cws&y=2011
Old 06-08-2011, 12:52 PM
WSI Personality

Man I hope not. It was still there yesterday. I bought tickets at the game for Sunday specifically to get that bobblehead.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:40 PM
WSI Regular

I believe Ed & DJ briefly mentioned there was a spelling error on the bobbleheads, so they had to be sent back to the manufacturer.
White Sox Radio Network
Old 06-08-2011, 01:41 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmRoksTHHP View Post
I believe Ed & DJ briefly mentioned there was a spelling error on the bobbleheads, so they had to be sent back to the manufacturer.
How do you misspell "Sodfather?"
Old 06-08-2011, 02:02 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmRoksTHHP View Post
That would really suck. I still look forward to going to the game but I would have rather just gone a different day. I wasn't that thrilled about watching us play the A's in the first place.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:09 PM
WSI Personality

from the @Whitesox twitter: The 6/12 Roger Bossard bobblehead giveaway has been moved to 9/13. The 1st 20k fans on 6/12 will be given a voucher redeemable after 9/13

Well that sucks but I guess I can wait another 3 months. At least I will get the voucher. Go Sox!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:11 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGavinFloyd View Post
from the @Whitesox twitter: The 6/12 Roger Bossard bobblehead giveaway has been moved to 9/13. The 1st 20k fans on 6/12 will be given a voucher redeemable after 9/13

Well that sucks but I guess I can wait another 3 months. At least I will get the voucher. Go Sox!
My sister and I are taking our dad to Sunday's game for Father/Daughter Day and we were looking forward to the bobblehead. Since we'll be there early for the on-field pre-game parade, I'm sure we'll each get a voucher. I'm just kinda bummed we won't be getting the bobbleheads on Sunday.
Robin!

Yaz! Pliers!

"Robin Ventura has one thing Ozzie does not have -- CLASS!" ~My dad, in response to seeing the Sox commercials that featured Robin, 03.08.12

Old 06-08-2011, 06:20 PM
WSI Personality

I'd be holding out for the August 20th game. That's the Mark Buerhle bobble head night.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Banned

Maybe they will give out a Chiapet to grow your own sod.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:03 PM
WSI Guru

Location: Body is in Chicago. Mind is in Salt Lake City, Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxfest View Post
Maybe they will give out a Chiapet to grow your own sod.
It would be awesome if they gave away an area rug that felt like the field. I would totally love to walk barefoot on that field.

States Visited: 49
Last Up: Hawaii in January
Old 06-09-2011, 10:06 AM
WSI Personality

A little more detail obtained from my ticket rep:

ROGER BOSSARD BOBBLEHEAD GIVEAWAY POSTPONED
First 20,000 Fans in Attendance at Sunday’s Game to Receive a Voucher Redeemable for One Bossard Bobblehead; Second Bobblehead Giveaway Added on September 13

CHICAGO –Due to a manufacturer error, the Chicago White Sox have been forced to postpone the Roger Bossard bobblehead giveaway, which was originally scheduled for Sunday, June 12. The giveaway now will take place on Tuesday, September 13 vs. the Kansas City Royals.

In addition to giving away Roger Bossard bobbleheads on September 13, the first 20,000 fans in attendance at this Sunday’s game will be given a voucher redeemable for one Bossard bobblehead. That voucher can be redeemed the day of any White Sox home game after September 13 at the designated redemption centers near Gate 4 and Gate 5 of U.S. Cellular Field from the time the gates open an hour and a half prior to first pitch through the fifth inning. The vouchers also can be redeemed on non-game days at Gate 4 of U.S. Cellular Field during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) from September 15 – September 30.

The postponed giveaway will be held on Tuesday, September 13 when the White Sox face the Royals at 7:10 p.m. The first 10,000 fans in attendance that night will receive a Roger Bossard bobblehead.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post
A little more detail obtained from my ticket rep:

ROGER BOSSARD BOBBLEHEAD GIVEAWAY POSTPONED
First 20,000 Fans in Attendance at Sunday’s Game to Receive a Voucher Redeemable for One Bossard Bobblehead; Second Bobblehead Giveaway Added on September 13

CHICAGO –Due to a manufacturer error, the Chicago White Sox have been forced to postpone the Roger Bossard bobblehead giveaway, which was originally scheduled for Sunday, June 12. The giveaway now will take place on Tuesday, September 13 vs. the Kansas City Royals.

In addition to giving away Roger Bossard bobbleheads on September 13, the first 20,000 fans in attendance at this Sunday’s game will be given a voucher redeemable for one Bossard bobblehead. That voucher can be redeemed the day of any White Sox home game after September 13 at the designated redemption centers near Gate 4 and Gate 5 of U.S. Cellular Field from the time the gates open an hour and a half prior to first pitch through the fifth inning. The vouchers also can be redeemed on non-game days at Gate 4 of U.S. Cellular Field during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) from September 15 – September 30.

The postponed giveaway will be held on Tuesday, September 13 when the White Sox face the Royals at 7:10 p.m. The first 10,000 fans in attendance that night will receive a Roger Bossard bobblehead.
I got the same email. I did not have the heart to let her know we play the Tigers that night.