White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Get well soon, Chris...

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Dunn is the biggest Sox bust since......?
Alex Rios 15 5.86%
Nick Swisher 26 10.16%
Brian Anderson 7 2.73%
Billy Koch 41 16.02%
Jaime Navarro 36 14.06%
Albert Belle 11 4.30%
Steve Sax 12 4.69%
SportsVision 16 6.25%
Blue seats at New Comiskey 17 6.64%
Cory Snyder 3 1.17%
Other 15 5.86%
THIS POLL SUCKS CHURROS 57 22.27%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2011, 11:36 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan1965 View Post
Maybe you have to move him down in the lineup, but from an owners/managers perspective, you have to play him every day to justify his pay. Looking at his rather large picture in the Tribune sports front page today, he doesn't look like he's in shape or the picture of health. Maybe he has health issues since the operation. I don't think Pete Ward was the same player after his car accident, and on the north side Hee Seop Choi wasn't the same player after his collision with Kerry Wood. One really doesn't know at this point for Dunn.
Maybe the appendix is the organ that helps you hit a baseball

0-2

LAST GAME: April 16 - Boston 6, Sox 4 (14)
NEXT GAME: April 26 vs. Tampa Bay
Old 06-27-2011, 12:00 PM
WSI Church Elder

Joe Posnanski's take on Dunn: "The Least Exciting Player Ever". Good read, as usual from JoePos.

http://joeposnanski.si.com/2011/06/2...g-player-ever/
Old 06-27-2011, 12:03 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Ozzie today in the newspaper stories when asked about Dunn said "he has to play" then explained that because of his salary the White Sox have no choice. Ozzie also said that all he can do is keep playing him and hope he comes out of it.

Lip
At some point they need to have the balls to prioritize winning the Division over Dunn's contract, etc.

We have zero chance of winning the division with a DH peforming at this level.

Phase 1- He sits against ALL lefties, including relievers- 1/50 says it all. I would implement this immediately. I would also let him know he won't be starting in Denver or Wrigley- there is no way Paulie sits for this guy to work out his problems.

Phase 2- Sits against righties as well (Teahen DHs)- he gets 1-2 starts/week until the funk is over.

Beyond winning the Division- this is also having a financial impact- White Sox fans aren't like the lemmings on the north side- only 23,000 for a Sunday afternoon game in June? They HAVE to start winning to get attendance up- their slow/stubborn response to Dunn and Pierre is impacting the product on the field- the fans know it- and are staying home- we're drawing about the same as Houston- maybe the worst team in MLB.
MLB Parks Visited: 24
MiLB Parks Visited: 11
Old 06-27-2011, 12:03 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Old 06-27-2011, 12:09 PM
WSI Church Elder

Dunn is seriously having close to the worst season any batter has ever had.
2013 WSI Baseball H2H Champion
Old 06-27-2011, 12:11 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
At some point they need to have the balls to prioritize winning the Division over Dunn's contract, etc.

We have zero chance of winning the division with a DH peforming at this level.

Phase 1- He sits against ALL lefties, including relievers- 1/50 says it all. I would implement this immediately. I would also let him know he won't be starting in Denver or Wrigley- there is no way Paulie sits for this guy to work out his problems.

Phase 2- Sits against righties as well (Teahen DHs)- he gets 1-2 starts/week until the funk is over.

Beyond winning the Division- this is also having a financial impact- White Sox fans aren't like the lemmings on the north side- only 23,000 for a Sunday afternoon game in June? They HAVE to start winning to get attendance up- their slow/stubborn response to Dunn and Pierre is impacting the product on the field- the fans know it- and are staying home- we're drawing about the same as Houston- maybe the worst team in MLB.
Amen to that.....but it wont happen. And that really stinks.
A swing, and a high fly ball, deep right center field. This is way back in the gap. And it's a goner! A White Sox winner! A winner on a Podsednik home run, and the White Sox go up two games to nothing in the 2005 World Series.

John Rooney October 23 rd 2005....happy 25th B-Day Nelfox02!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:32 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Could be, but maybe they need a lady in white to stand up in the stands while Dunn bats.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Banned

Two things:

1. Dunn went a whole season once witout a sacrfice fly. Think about that for a flyball hitter. He was never a good clutch hitter which is why he only drove in 100 runs with 40 homers. Which is why I said from the beginning that he wasn't worth what the Sox gave up to get him.

2. Ozzie is right. They do need to keep playing him. They have almost no chance to win the divsion if he doesn't start hitting like he used to at some point. HOWEVER, Ozzie does not have to keep batting him 5th and watch all of these rallys be killed. That's just dumb - move him down!
Old 06-27-2011, 04:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLaloosh View Post
HOWEVER, Ozzie does not have to keep batting him 5th and watch all of these rallys be killed. That's just dumb - move him down!
His OBP is only .003 worse than Pierre's, so maybe he should be moved up, just to get him out of the way quicker.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:59 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102605 View Post
Dunn is seriously having close to the worst season any batter has ever had.
Close? Not even close anymore...I believe that Dunn has already Dunn passed that milestone half a season ago.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:46 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLaloosh View Post
Two things:

1. Dunn went a whole season once witout a sacrfice fly. Think about that for a flyball hitter. He was never a good clutch hitter which is why he only drove in 100 runs with 40 homers. Which is why I said from the beginning that he wasn't worth what the Sox gave up to get him
The lack of sac fly balls from a guy like Dunn means nothing to me. When you hit 40 HRs, a lot of those fly balls are carrying over the fence. What is better? 40 HRs and 0 sac flies or 25 HRs and 10 sac flies? I happen to like the HRs better. The Sox brought Dunn here as a DH, not to hit sac flies, but to blast the ball out of the yard and hit it in the gap. He simply isn't doing that. If he were, none of this ultra analysis of Dunn's hitting style would be going on right now. I'm sure KW and Rick Hahn knew exactly the type of hitter he was and that is why they brought him here. Nobody around baseball could have predicted this massive slump that Dunn has spiraled into. The Sox have a premier slugger who isn't slugging and is mired in the worst slump of his life. It's as simple as that.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 06-28-2011, 09:17 AM
WSI High Priest

No Dave Nicholson, kevin Bell or Ron Bloomberg on the list of sox Busts?
Old 06-28-2011, 12:14 PM
WSI Church Elder

I vote for Rocky Colovito and Ken Boyer... At least when we got Callison back he could still mash..

BK59
Old 06-28-2011, 12:20 PM
WSI Guru

Callison never played for the Sox after he was traded. He played for the Phillies, Cubs and Yankees.

Lip
Old 06-28-2011, 12:50 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Callison never played for the Sox after he was traded. He played for the Phillies, Cubs and Yankees.

Lip
Whoop's wrong pinstripes... Could have sworn he came home.. Where are those car keys?....

BK59