White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 07:35 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox View Post

Keenyn_Walker Keenyn Walker
Headed to the ER. Mighta broke my hand cuz the pitcher can't throw a damn strike! Best part about it was the ump is so bad he called it foul
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Mothers and fathers, don't let your kids get drafted in the 1st round by the White Sox

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know
Old 08-08-2011, 07:50 PM
WSI High Priest

Keenyn_Walker Keenyn Walker
I hate the doctors lol. Most likely just bruised tho.
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Old 08-09-2011, 01:28 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Cavatica View Post
I think you meant:

"One year of Edwin Jackson + Jason Frasor + Zach Stewart is certainly not a great return for Dan Hudson (and his five future years of D' Back control) + some salary relief/payroll flexibility."

The most salary relief/payroll flexibility would've come from just keeping Hudson.
Well, technically it is one year of Jackson + 1/3 year of Jason Frasor +Zach Stewart +Supplemental pick versus Hudson +Holmberg. The salary is sort of a wash, as Jackson cost a lot of money - probably more than losing Teahen relieved.
KW may have extricated the Sox from this as well as possible. Would look a lot better if we hadn't thrown in Holmberg.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:38 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Addison Reed is Sickels' prospect of the day. Read about him here.

Pretty excited about him despite just being a reliever. The peripherals continue to be ridiculous.
Not that I'm complaining, but wasn't there an article in a Birmingham paper about how he hit a 100 a few times? I'm sure their guns are "hot" but there's a big difference between 95 and 100. Either way, it's nice to be excited about a prospect - especially one that seems to have great control and at least 2 plus pitches.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:36 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Chappas View Post
Not that I'm complaining, but wasn't there an article in a Birmingham paper about how he hit a 100 a few times? I'm sure their guns are "hot" but there's a big difference between 95 and 100. Either way, it's nice to be excited about a prospect - especially one that seems to have great control and at least 2 plus pitches.
Birmingham's guns are indeed notoriously hot. I'd imagine he sits mid 90's and can touch higher.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:37 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Matt (VA): Why does no one give Tyler Kuhn any recognition. He is around a career .320 hitter in MILB and has played in every level. I know he doesn't have legit power, but he certainly does get on base.

John Manuel: Kuhn hits lefthanded, and he's a good contact hitter. His other tools are shy of what scouts look for in big league regulars. I think he'll be a big leaguer, likely as a utility guy, could wind up as a LH-hitting version of Jeff Keppinger.
http://www.baseballamerica.com/chat/?1312987961
Old 08-12-2011, 01:22 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
I know he plays 3B, SS, 2B and some OF, but do you know what is his best position?

IMO: He should be given every chance in ST next year to replace Omar on our bench. Hell, maybe even a platoon lead-off candidate?

It seems like any minor league middle infielder nowadays who doesn't possess great speed or power the scouts will project as a utility player. They said the same thing about Pedroia.

Also, if Alexei were to end up on the DL this season, would Escobar be able to handle SS defensively?
Old 08-12-2011, 10:45 AM
WSI Village Atheist

Quote:
Birmingham's guns are indeed notoriously hot.
Is the scientific concept of calibration foreign to minor league baseball?
Old 08-13-2011, 02:18 PM
WSI High Priest

Dayan is at 1B tonight if people want to play the speculation game.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:16 PM
WSI Church Elder

I went to the game at Kannapolis last night...my first time seeing them. Nice park, and I arrived at 6:50 and had no trouble parking, buying a ticket, getting into the park, buying food and beer, and getting to my seat (first row, behind the home dugout) before the first pitch.

One player who looked good was the third baseman, Rangel Ravelo. He is hitting close to .400 and he made a couple nice plays. Thompson had a pop-fly home run, just inside the left field foul pole, and Walker had the key hit in the ninth-inning rally -- drove in the tying run and put him on base to score the winner.

I'd rather go to this stadium every night and watch the Intimidators than watch the 2011 Sox.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:33 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
I went to the game at Kannapolis last night...my first time seeing them. Nice park, and I arrived at 6:50 and had no trouble parking, buying a ticket, getting into the park, buying food and beer, and getting to my seat (first row, behind the home dugout) before the first pitch.

One player who looked good was the third baseman, Rangel Ravelo. He is hitting close to .400 and he made a couple nice plays. Thompson had a pop-fly home run, just inside the left field foul pole, and Walker had the key hit in the ninth-inning rally -- drove in the tying run and put him on base to score the winner.

I'd rather go to this stadium every night and watch the Intimidators than watch the 2011 Sox.
For some reason I've been following Ravelo closely. Good to hear the review.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:29 PM
WSI High Priest

NorfolkTides Norfolk Tides
Changes for the Knights to accommodate the departure of Dayan Viciedo who was a little shaken up after diving for a ball last inning.
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 08:31 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
****, then stop watching the 2011 Sox. What are you trying to do, prove how much of a big man you are because you post the same **** over and over and over again? Ooooh, LOOK AT ME, I AM SO FED UP WITH THE SOX I HAVE TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE KNOWS IT. Holy hell, grow up.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:43 PM
WSI High Priest

whitesox Chicago White Sox
X-Rays on Dayan Viciedo’s right hand neg.; is day-to-day. Injured hand diving for ball in 3rd inning last nite at Norfolk. #WhiteSox
9 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Old 08-18-2011, 11:28 PM
WSI High Priest

Sickels' 2011 White Sox Top 20 Pre-Season Review
Closed Thread