White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2010, 10:52 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsolo View Post
I noticed the Carlton Fisk image at the bottom of your post. I wonder what he would have done or thought?
He'd probably go all Billy Cole on Cuddyer. 'CAUSE THAT'S HOW YOU WIN THE DIVISION AND PLAY THE GAME THE RIGHT WAY!!!
"Two innings later, Paul Konerko will win it for us with a game-winning monster blast that's got every guy on this 7-12 team convinced we're ready to turn our season around. We lose seven of our next eight." - David Wells

andrew reilly | pics
Old 08-19-2010, 08:10 AM
WSI Church Elder

Common sense would tell you that drilling someone tonight could end in suspensions for us, not good in a pennant race(that is if you believe we are still in one). However, a good beaning, and I mean one thrown at the legs or lower body with no intent to injure, would make a statement that you may have a better team than us, at least currently, but you will not ever intimate us even in your house. If we lose the game, as we have a good chance of, at least we stood up to them and maintained our pride.

OR we could let the league rule on Delmons hit on AJ, hopefully he gets a few games off, and the Twinks lose their swank.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't. But I vote for the former....the next time we see them at the Cell it may be too late.

RIP Casey Viator youngest ever AAU Mr America (age 19)
Old 08-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Banned

It would seem a good way to take revenge on MN would be to win some games, preferably from them. That would hurt them more than a fastball in the ribs.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by white sox bill View Post
Common sense would tell you that drilling someone tonight could end in suspensions for us, not good in a pennant race(that is if you believe we are still in one). However, a good beaning, and I mean one thrown at the legs or lower body with no intent to injure, would make a statement that you may have a better team than us, at least currently, but you will not ever intimate us even in your house. If we lose the game, as we have a good chance of, at least we stood up to them and maintained our pride.

OR we could let the league rule on Delmons hit on AJ, hopefully he gets a few games off, and the Twinks lose their swank.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't. But I vote for the former....the next time we see them at the Cell it may be too late.
One HBP isn't going to get anyone suspended. Of all the guys on the Sox, Buehrle is the one who will always protect his teammates. I'm so confident that he hits someone tonight (most likely Delmon Young) that I'm willing to put 50$ on it right now.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:42 PM
WSI Church Elder

I'm getting tired of the Twinkies having their way with us. I can accept if they are simply a better team, but for them to continue beating us, and add insult to injury with all their shenanigans of beaning our guys and that crap Delmon Young pulled, we better do something about it. This garbage has been going on forever, since Torii Hunter barreled over Jamie Burke.

Obviously, the best way to retaliate is to win the damn games. But if we can't do that, we should at least drill somebody.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:28 AM
WSI Personality

I think it was a stupid play by Young that made him look like a dumbass. Gardenhire pinch hitting for him in the 8th last night was kind of an admission that he deserved to get drilled. That's good enough for me. AJ?
Old 08-20-2010, 06:40 AM
WSI Church Elder

I don't think AJ felt anything but the breeze caused by Young. Stay above that kind of thing unless the guy actually hits you.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kufram View Post
I don't think AJ felt anything but the breeze caused by Young. Stay above that kind of thing unless the guy actually hits you.
I disagree! He clocked him. There was full contact. AJ's mask spun around his head.

I think it was enough for AJ to get in Young's face and shake his head no, no to the guy to see the reaction and then let wild man Young choose the battle. AJ didn't have to left a finger but to say no, no, or You're out!
Old 08-20-2010, 08:57 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops4Aces View Post
One HBP isn't going to get anyone suspended. Of all the guys on the Sox, Buehrle is the one who will always protect his teammates. I'm so confident that he hits someone tonight (most likely Delmon Young) that I'm willing to put 50$ on it right now.
Your on!!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:16 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxFan81 View Post
I'm getting tired of the Twinkies having their way with us. I can accept if they are simply a better team, but for them to continue beating us, and add insult to injury with all their shenanigans of beaning our guys and that crap Delmon Young pulled, we better do something about it. This garbage has been going on forever, since Torii Hunter barreled over Jamie Burke.

Obviously, the best way to retaliate is to win the damn games. But if we can't do that, we should at least drill somebody.
The only reason it appears the Twins "have their way with us" is because they consistently beat us on the scoreboard. Everything else is ancillary.

AJ's a big boy playing a big boy position. He can take care of things himself the next time the Twins try to score or he's breaking up a double play. He's the last person that needs to be "protected".
Old 08-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Your on!!
Haha I lose
Old 08-20-2010, 11:33 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Haha I lose
Well we could rephrase said bet that it will happen in September at US Cell. Things could get interesting by then
Old 08-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well we could rephrase said bet that it will happen in September at US Cell. Things could get interesting by then
I think everyone will be waiting for it.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think everyone will be waiting for it.
I thnk it would be interesting if in that next home series, the fans give it to Young the entire first game out in the left field seats, and more on the next two nights.

I think a little noise would make a statement. Especially if it was most of the game.

just chant his name with a young sucks or something.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:46 PM
WSI Church Elder

The time to have pegged Young would have been in the 8th when the Sox were up 11-0. Gardenheire pulled him for Repko because he knows what's coming and he didn't want Young to get hurt, or have Young flip out and get suspended. However, the Sox will hit him at some point during the Sept. 14th-16th series. The pitch will be a fastball chest high, it's just a matter if Young jogs to first base or goes after the pitcher.