White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by getonbckthr View Post
Young delivered a running forearm to AJ's head. Punishment should be immediate and violent.
Define: violent.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:59 PM
WSI High Priest

Nobody's talking about ending careers here. But if the Sox want to be taken seriously, they don't need to take that from yesterday. Everybody knows that was a cheap shot, so just plunking him should work.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:01 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Mouton View Post
Extreme example? Certainly, but there is a certain cretin-esque desire in this thread for a "pound of flesh" or something or other. It's very frightening.
Right. Cretin-esque becuase they don't agree with you. We should all be so civilized. As for your "Blacks didn't play then" red herring, you might want to look at the career of Bob Gibson.

Young went out of the basepath and launched his elbow/forearm into our catcher's head. The only two options are throw at his ribs and throw at his helmet.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:04 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Again, lots of tough guys in here. Throwing at heads? Ending careers? Really?

Yes, I know the game used to be this way. Black people couldn't play for a time, and there was no such thing as free agency.

The game has gotten better. Not hitting guys in the temple with a 90+ MPH fastball is part of that positive evolution.
I'm not saying end careers, but I'm tired of this bull**** everyone gets a trophy and let's not keep score era. How many times would you let someone punch you in the face before you punched back? I'm all for a brawl or a beanball if it gets this damn pity party our of our damn heads that we seem to throw everytime we play this misfit team.
DRILL BABY DRILL
Old 08-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Roarman View Post
If it makes it sweeter for you, if that's the case, don't expect winning baseball.
Sadly, against the Twins, many don't.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:07 PM
WSI 2013 NFL Pick'em Contest Winner

Quote:
Define: violent.
I don't care if its a pitch in the ribs, tower buzzing, maybe a knee into his collarbone when he slides. If none of those options are available you either drill or truck Mauer then stare into LF to let him know "congrats big guy! That one is on you!"

Joe Flacco Super Bowl 47 Champion and MVP
Joe Flacco First Rookie QB to win 2 games in his first playoff.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:12 PM
WSI Regular

I dont know about all of you, but i was outraged last night watching that game and seeing the bat throwing delmon young do that BS again. The way he has been swinging the bat we might be better off putting a 95 mph fastball or two into his rib cage. The sox as a team are at about the top in the league for getting plunked and about dead last in plunking the opposition. Some of that credit should go to our hitters and pitchers, but in situations like this, our pitchers need to start having our hitters backs, and i agree with some of the older posts I think linebrink or pena would be great guys to serve a 3 game suspension for going after some twins hitters! Lets build a 7 run lead after 7 and get gavin out of there and then go hunting!
Old 08-18-2010, 01:19 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Roarman View Post
You've given up the game of baseball if you go this route. I'm telling you that right now, if that's the route you want them to take, might as well call it a season. Because you don't care about winning games as long as you "prove something". Which is nothing.
Drilling Mauer may stop the Twins from taking liberties from White Sox players. Its not about proving anything. Its time for the Sox to stop getting hit by Minnesota pitching. Time for Minnesota baserunners to stop giving Sox catchers cheap shots. If it takes one to Mauer's ribs to get that to stop, and apparently doing nothing doesn't make it stop, then drill Mauer. Let Delmon Young know if he pulls something, Joey is going to pay. I guarantee Delmon or any other Twins player will not go out of their way to cheap shot a White Sox catcher anymore.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:21 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:

Extreme example? Certainly, but there is a certain cretin-esque desire in this thread for a "pound of flesh" or something or other. It's very frightening.
I don't even see how it pertains to the situation at all.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:23 PM
WSI Personality

The problem with taking the high road is that our opposition doesn't subscribe to that approach. MLB won't intervene and one of these days, a purpose pitch at TCQ will land him on the DL. The ONLY recourse is to quit bitching to the media and to apply an 'eye for an eye' strategy.

Is this juvenile - barbaric even? Yes, but what choice do they have? At some point, they have to stand up for themselves and their teammates.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:24 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin View Post
Piss off ...
Are you unaware that baseball was a segregated sport until 1947?

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know
Old 08-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox23 View Post
I don't even see how it pertains to the situation at all.
It's an example that baseball has evolved over the years. Makes perfect sense to me.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
Drilling Mauer may stop the Twins from taking liberties from White Sox players. Its not about proving anything. Its time for the Sox to stop getting hit by Minnesota pitching. Time for Minnesota baserunners to stop giving Sox catchers cheap shots. If it takes one to Mauer's ribs to get that to stop, and apparently doing nothing doesn't make it stop, then drill Mauer. Let Delmon Young know if he pulls something, Joey is going to pay. I guarantee Delmon or any other Twins player will not go out of their way to cheap shot a White Sox catcher anymore.
You just made the best point on this thread. Drill Mauer and let the Twins take care of Delvin.

They certainly don't seem to mind hitting Carlos! so, why should we be at all concerned about hitting Mauer? I'd like to see him hit the dirt first, then hit him.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:34 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin View Post
Piss off ...
Huh?
Old 08-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Banned

What is sad is I haven't seen anything from the league on the Delvin hit on AJ? So even the league doesn't have our backs!!

In my mind, that is typical!!