White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Banned

Default Cubdumb has hit a new low

OK its quite harmless. But not very green. Sending a number of reporters to the sacred grounds for the sake reporting the most fun route.

Pretty pointless but shows that fans of Northside baseball really don't care about winning.
http://www.journalstandard.com/sport...-Wrigley-looms
Old 06-17-2010, 03:49 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by white sox bill View Post
OK its quite harmless. But not very green. Sending a number of reporters to the sacred grounds for the sake reporting the most fun route.

Pretty pointless but shows that fans of Northside baseball really don't care about winning.
http://www.journalstandard.com/sport...-Wrigley-looms
I see nothing wrong with this little event. It sounds like it might turn into a fun read. Not very green... oh please they're going to a baseball game.

The only strange part is when he says that the travel is "half the fun". But I doubt he meant that. Sounds like a little bit of flubsession on your part.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:50 PM
WSI Prelate

That sounds useful, but don't let that get in the way of Cub hate.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
I see nothing wrong with this little event. It sounds like it might turn into a fun read. Not very green... oh please they're going to a baseball game.

The only strange part is when he says that the travel is "half the fun". But I doubt he meant that. Sounds like a little bit of flubsession on your part.
So you think my "cubs suck" tee shirt and my Bartman is my hero ball cap and the picture of Wrigley on fire has contributed to this obsession?

So four guys all driving separately (albeit one is public transportation for half trip)with the same destination is green? I'm glad your not in charge of the multi riders lane on the expressway. I realize this is all done for reporting purposes but its all pretty silly.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:19 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
So you think my "cubs suck" tee shirt and my Bartman is my hero ball cap and the picture of Wrigley on fire has contributed to this obsession?

So four guys all driving separately (albeit one is public transportation for half trip)with the same destination is green? I'm glad your not in charge of the multi riders lane on the expressway. I realize this is all done for reporting purposes but its all pretty silly.
I don't care to define what it means to be green. Furthermore, I couldn't care less about what's "green" and what isn't. To each his own. If they want to have this little game then let them. Who cares? The worlds not going to implode because they took three separate vehicles to a ball park.

If they were driving from Iowa or somewhere distant I may say it's a poor financial decision. But they're all coming from the Northwest suburbs. And they're not simply doing it for fun, they want to find out the cheapest and most pleasant way to get to the park from their area.

I too am glad I'm not in charge of the carpool lanes... That would be a rather thankless and unrewarding job.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't care to define what it means to be green. Furthermore, I couldn't care less about what's "green" and what isn't. To each his own. If they want to have this little game then let them. Who cares? The worlds not going to implode because they took three separate vehicles to a ball park.

If they were driving from Iowa or somewhere distant I may say it's a poor financial decision. But they're all coming from the Northwest suburbs. And they're not simply doing it for fun, they want to find out the cheapest and most pleasant way to get to the park from their area.

I too am glad I'm not in charge of the carpool lanes... That would be a rather thankless and unrewarding job.
Since when is Freeport in the Northwest suburbs? I live here part time and its a shorter drive to Dubuque IA then it is to Elgin by quite a bit.

But what the heck if they want to waste time,energy and money, then let em each drive a Hummer in there.

Its harmless of course. But like most Cub fans, they are just annoying.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:29 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Since when is Freeport in the Northwest suburbs? I live here part time and its a shorter drive to Dubuque IA then it is to Elgin by quite a bit.

But what the heck if they want to waste time,energy and money, then let em each drive a Hummer in there.

How is this annoying to you?
Old 06-17-2010, 04:31 PM
WSI Guru

I see nothing wrong with it. It kind of looks fun, but I personally would want nothing part of it.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Banned

Quote:

Freeport is actually farther west than Rockford.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soltrain21 View Post
How is this annoying to you?
It falls under my original blanket statement. They are just in general annoying. Not particularly harmful. Not toxic. Not even a threat. Just annoying.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:20 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:

:puke:

What a dump!
Old 06-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome_Fan View Post
:puke:

What a dump!
Depends on how much you win or lose at the boat LOL! Dubuque has never bothered me but to each his own. Now I think East Dubuque is a dump.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:06 PM
WSI Prelate

Good idea. Going to Wrigley Field, wouldn't they need designated drivers? just sayin'
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 06-17-2010, 08:26 PM
WSI High Priest

I missed the part where I'm supposed to be upset with this.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:52 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Do we even have carpool lanes around here? This isn't L.A.